• Wren
    Wren

Official SimCity Facebook page

The development team at Maxis has re-launched SimCity's official Facebook page. With all of the recent SimCity news coverage around GOP candidates and SimCity 4, they are inviting everyone to come visit their facebook page and share stories about setting taxes in SimCity.

Sign in to follow this  
    Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

I noticed one thing when I typed in "www.simcity.com". It took me straight to this facebook page oddly. I don't know if it was my computer or they made that address go to the site.

Share this comment

Does this mean a new Maxis SimCity 5 is in the works?...

You are correct "Area 49" it does redirect you to this facebook page.

Share this comment

I doubt I could get into SC5 right now. Considering how much the game has been altered thanks to the various mods that have been created for this game(like NAM, CAM, SAM, T-Ram, NWM, RHW, etc I wouldn't be in any rush to play SimCity 5, because I have zero faith in Maxis or EA Games to make a SimCity 5 be worth the money they will want for it. Basically thanks to dedicated users here, and elsewhere, they have set the bar really high, and considering how much stuff they left in SC4 and didn't finish in order to put the game out, I have doubts about 5

Share this comment

IF a SC5 game came out it would have to the polar opposite of modern video games; depth and quality that can last forever. so many games are just 5 minute wonders. the reason this game has survived so long is that we can openly mod it... if they take that away from us it will end up like societies.

i personally think the the IF is a WHEN.....

Share this comment

I think it would be pretty cool if another expansion pack was released (sort of like how Falcon 4.0 Allied Force was an upgrade to Falcon 4.0, even though it was a different game).

Other "company redirects": http://apple.com/hypercard redirects to HyperCard's Wikipedia page.

On the other hand, this means that the old SimCity 4 website (and SimCIty 3000, which was up for a VERY long time) is dead. Kaput.

Share this comment

Hell, thanks to everyone's contributions, we've all been playing Simcity 4 V3.0 (Rush Hour/Deluxe was V2.0). It is quite obvious that Herman Cain's 9-9-9 plan has brought about an interest in SimCity that wasn't there before outside us hardcore fans.

This is an obvious business move. Maxis and EA are probably gauging from their FB page on whether or not to make a SC5. Now, if they check their FB page, see that it's active with 2mil+ fans, then they might be inclined to produce a SimCity 5.

In short, the only way a SimCity 5 will ever be made is if Maxis and EA can be confident that they will make a lot of money from it. They've been very successful with The Sims. Yes, all of us on here and SC4Devotion are dedicated fans who love SimCity 4 and I'm sure EA and Maxis are aware of us, however, they'll need a lot more people to buy a game than what we have to make a large profit.

Share this comment

So looks like we are fnally moving n the right direction. (hopefully anyway) I was i tried going to the wbste a month ago and if just wouldn't load, then a few minutes ago I was redirected to the Facbook page! looks like somethings happening (:

Share this comment