• Stuart98
    Stuart98

EA Adds Nissan Leaf Sponsored Item to SimCity

Electronic Arts' city-building simulation SimCity has its first sponsored item, thanks to Nissan. Available for download starting today is the Nissan Leaf Charging Station, a free in-game add-on that — in addition to letting Sims drive licensed electric cars — adds "happiness to nearby buildings" and produces no pollution.

Sign in to follow this  
    Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

They could have least made it do something interesting, i.e. the more Leaf's driving about the less pollution generated by traffic.. at least then it would be slightly useful..

I like the way they stated that it does not add a burden to your city, e.g. Power/water/sewerage..

Its as if they know no one will like and or care about this DLC, so they try and reassure people there are no negative in-game effects..

Besides of course (despite their small size) it having the worst effect on your city it possibly could have.. Taking up valuable space on the tiny, tiny plot of allocated land your given to build your city/hamlet..

Share this comment

So sponsored items are in? What will they add next, a McDonald's specialization? At least they aren't charging us for it.

Share this comment

What's next with this product placement crap? Well I'll tell you what, EA and their fellow corporate goons will try and bring down the STEX some day for "illegal", unpaid product placement in our BATs. Seriously, I'm surprised it hasn't been at least discussed yet. However, that's not to say I want it to happen, but I sure wouldn't be shocked.

Share this comment

I don't think what Bipin is talking about will ever be an issue...but I do think if the game ever gets modding, we'll end up having to battle a bureaucracy to get mods in. For example, a McDonald's BAT...will someone be able to do that, or would they get a message stating something about trademarks, yada yada yada...

Share this comment

If adds more colour into the game, who cares. I have a grumbling roadster, who wants an ugly Leaf. 

Share this comment

The main issue here for me is that is essentially a cheat to get happiness with repercussions, which  with this iteration of SimCity's focus on online play it seems to be encouraging people to post ads in their cities by making the ad buildings beneficial and without cost. To me this sort of ad-supported cheating could be a game-breaking problem.

Share this comment

Hi,

So I activated the Leaf and plopped the max 5 stations in my city.

After a couple of minutes every other car became a blue Lea...

So now one out of 10 cars in the city is a Lea...

The crazy thing is that now my city is messed-up. I was just kicked-out and asked to restore it.

Now that I restored and opened it, I get the message that the city is not working properly and that they wish to repair it...

Lol

WJ

Share this comment

OOH wow, this is the game changer I was waiting for! Finally this game is comming together now that this important feature is added! I will most centainly be happy to put all my life savings into this game (and more) bevause of this great product improvement!

Share this comment

Do they realistically put a larger drain on your power plants while they're busily not polluting? At least the sims in those micro-metros won't have to worry about driving farther than its electric-only range.

Share this comment

Maybe it  fulfilling contracts that are closed before launching the game if not what would be the purpose of NISSAN here?

To say that their cars are going to market with defects and are not tested or maybe that older models work better than new ones.

Share this comment

> "Happiness to nearby buildings"

What. Help me on this one, I'm stupid. Really, how?

if anything thats a NIMBY thingy imo =/

Share this comment

tip on how to get a free nissan leaf.

get a good looking leaf

get a black marker

write nissan on to it

ta da you now have a nissan leaf

Share this comment