• JoannaHammond
    JoannaHammond

DizzyDisaster shows some new mods on Twitch.

DizzyDizaster is streaming tonight. Many of the communities leading mods are here describing the modding potential of SimCity and giving the world premier of some of their latest mods. Come along and see what SimCity can do.

Sign in to follow this  
    Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

It was an amazing show.  World premier after world premier,  The modders who came where fantastic, explained the complexities of modding, the future possibilities and helped those of us who want to get started in modding.  Was an amazing stream which showed the true potential that SimCity still has.  Dizzy was an amazing host and fully engaged both the community and the modders.  SimCity appears to have a bright future ahead of it.

Share this comment

That was such a epic show i don't think i can wait until i am done all the models for the park decor

and i can't wait for the new aKar release  

Share this comment

While any coverage of SimCity mods is good, Dizzy's stream was heavy on the talking and light on the demonstrating.

Maybe it was the delayed stream Xoxide was working from or just a lack of preparation, but it was very uncoordinated and raised more questions than it answered.

Frankly, If I didn't know so much about SimCity and the mod scene I'd be bored and confused. 

Xoxide excitedly rambled about Akar ("a car"), which I doubt the Twitch audience understands or cares about. It does make UDoN and pRCI more user-friendly, but it doesn't have near the 'wow factor' of the others.

Also consider that ProcsKalone developed submenus for BOC over a year ago, Akar has basically applied the method to different mods (while ironically overriding BOC).

Next time I suggest more planning/direction so you can properly explain and demonstrate everything, ideally one feature at a time.

Share this comment

The show was the introduction of Akar and a new community movement.

We were there for dizzy and some of the things we wanted to show him and introduce many new things of the community.  its also about a larger community getting involved not about me but introducing them and their work they are now doing.

Please keep in mind it was also 2 hours before the show and 4 hours after the show with Skye, the modders, dizzy, strict and so many others as well asking questions with a 4 hour after show for a total of 9 hours of asking and talking between all of us.

But the show was about people, mods, direction of where new mods will be and future of podcasting and showcases along with so many other aspects everyone touched on from dizzy end users.  How the community is now coming together working together with yayie, danny, max, banwashere, and so many others are working various new projects to be released in the next few weeks which and they presented and were in channel for most of the conversations as I was talking about their projects since they do not have mic's yet for podcasting but soon will. 

Personal Side note as stated in public I'm very proud of the community and the changes going on .. so keep it up everyone this is so much about you and nobody else.

It was a pretty amazing feedback and direction in general.  it wasn't about maps it wasn't about mods but about people and community.. 

just the beginning of something larger that is going on.. so watch the community for the 11th and 18th as they now get ready for some huge presentations on their end.

The podcast was very different than the past but its about the future. So next week 11th and 18th will be heavy on the demonstration and use of mods since most of the podcasters were asking a ton of questions this week.  So here is the future

peace

Share this comment