Andracia

Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

Large, Densely populated region with many rivers, bays, and oceans.

Entries in this City Journal

aiumkastarkius

Schulmanator: I greatly appreciate your comment! Come again!

Esterwood Int'l Airport is the biggest destination in Andracia, taking in nearly 400,000 persons per month, 40% of Andracia's total.

I know I've been on vacation from updating, but life's been hectic lately and I just haven't had the time to update. Now it's time to return from my vacation:

below.jpg

The Empe-er-we mean president- flies over the skies of Corinth toward Esterwood.

above.jpg
His plane flies over Ostillium

city.jpgHe looks out the window at his great city.

view.jpg

turn.jpg

The plane turns toward Esterwood.

bridge_f.jpg

The plane flies near the Golden Gate Bridge in Riverbend.

Finally the president lands back in Esterwood:

overview.jpg

Note: Two of the runways and one taxiway extend into Norianus, but that is all that is there, so I didn't bother to take pics.

Terminal A:

a.jpg

Terminal A serves all international destinations, such as Rostolosta, Visithia, Adhera, Southgate, and Tantalia.

Terminals B and C:

bc.jpg

Terminals B and C serve several international desinations in Valencia, but mostly serve long-distance trips within Andracia.

Terminal D:

d.jpg

Terminal D serves domestic destinations.

Terminal E is the newest terminal:

e.jpg

It can be reached by means of underground automated subway, departing from the east end of the airport:

trans.jpg

A municipal apron can be found to the south of terminal E:

apron.jpg

For business travelers, there is a hotel located nearby:

hotel.jpg

Access to the airport is via a highway loop:

access.jpg

To the north, a commercial district has developed:

commerce.jpg

A bridge for the main highway goes over the Noroldo River:

bridge.jpg

That's all folks!

aiumkastarkius

Serenity

IrvingTwoSmokes: I appreciate your comment, I like to have a varied array of cities.

sandy32000: True, True! I appreciate your comments! Please return!

Serenity

Serenity is a major city in the western part of the country. It is home to 320,000 people, and 120,000 commercial jobs. The city is one of the oldest cities I have built in real Earth time, started six years ago. At first it was a slum, but under the famed mayor Michael Albert, the city rose to become a major banking and financial center. The city has one of the most expansive skylines in Andracia.

Panoramic View:

panorama.jpgThe Serenity Center(John Hancock) is the tallest building in Andracia

The area between Downtown and the West CBD is home to many businesses, including the evil AIG:

aig.jpg

Serenity's airport is one of the busiest in Andracia:

airport.jpg

The city has one of the healthiest budgets of all the major cities in Andracia:

budget.jpg

Downtown is a lively area:

downtown.jpg

Central Plaza is the largest plaza in Andracia. It is estimated that over half the business deals involving Serenity Companies occur here:

plaza.jpg

Many wealthy individuals live in the northwest part of the city:

residential.jpg

Those who are extremely wealthy can live in the exclusive Karstovine Estates, a gated community:

rich.jpg

To the far bottom are the power lines that carry in the massive amount of power required to run the city from Powafanda

Downtown is home to a dense cluster of skyscrapers:

skyscrapers.jpg

The west CBD is centered around a soccer stadium and a basketball stadium:

stadiums.jpg

Serenity University is located in downtown, and is a major Andracian University:

university.jpg

The University has attracted high tech jobs to the city

The subway system in Serenity covers four city tiles, and is the most used in Andracia, closely followed by Entralciopolis' System:

subway.jpg

Coming Next: Esterwood, the airport city

That's all folks!

downtown.jpg

aiumkastarkius

Corinth

xdancerk3: I appreciate your comment!

archaen: I've been working on the coast; it is hard because I don't want to destroy anything. Thanks for your comment and input!

Corinth is a large suburb to Serenity, Alarius Ridge, Riverbend, and Ostillium. Is is one of 3 large tiles in my region, so it is not dense, but has 130000 people. It is home to The Isthmus Broadcasting Corporation, located in 3 office buildings downtown. It also plays host to the National Soccer Championship, soccer being Andracia's favorite sport.

Info:

info.jpg

g

Many nice apartments can be found near downtown. They are popular with young professionals working in Riverbend and Serenity:

apartments.jpg

a rail line can be found to the North, which offers transport to Ostillium and Alarius Ridge.

Also, many families choose to locate to the suburbs to the east of downtown Corinth:

burbs.jpg

Downtown is home to the Isthmus Broadcasting Corporation, which serves Ostillium, Corinth, Alarius Ridge, Arsfel, Riverbend, and Chalet:

downtown.jpg

Downtown has many rail lines, as you can see. IBC is located between the two train stations, and includes the three high rises and the Guggenheim.

Poorer suburbs of Ostillium can be found in the far east of the city:

east.jpg

Near the waterfront there is a GLR system which offers transport from the stadium to downtown:

glr.jpg

The national soccer stadium is on the northern part of the city:

nat_stad.jpg

This part of the city is directly to the southeast of Serenity.

To the extreme north central part of the city, many high rise residential resort homes look over Corinthian Inlet:

north.jpg

Corinth is home to the largest park in Andracia, Coit Park:

park.jpg

Near the stadium and Convention center there are many very expensive condos and office suites:

riverfront.jpg

A small shopping district in the suburban area:

shops.jpg

More apartments:

sidestreet.jpg

Isthmus University is the biggest university in Andracia, and is pretty prestigious:

university.jpg

That's all folks!

aiumkastarkius

Riverbend

Thank you for your comment, dimilpol006!

Today I present the city of Riverbend! It is located on the Noroldo River in Ithsmus Province. It is home to about 220,000 sims, 110,000 commercial jobs, and a fair number of high tech jobs. It is considered one of the best places to live in Andracia.

I have separated the city into various neighborhoods, based on their makeup:
 hoods.jpg

AlDa:
 alda.jpg
AlDa is on the southern end of the main city, and is home to the city's train terminal, as well as one of Andracia's largest comanies, Andracisoft (Simon & Frank Associates)

The highway bridge is one of the most majestic in Andracia, foering spectacular views of the skyline:
 bridge.jpg

The building that ignited the gentrification of the slums in South Riverbend, a tall office building on Central Avenue (to the left of the building):
 canary.jpg
Some of the most expensive apartments in the city can be found here

St. Ignotus' Cathedral, the largest church in Andracia (and one of the few) can be found right on Central Avenue:
 cath2.jpgcath2.jpg

The cathedral is located very close to the south CBD:
 cathedral.jpg

Chelsea, the oldest wealthy district in the city, at almost 130 years old, is home to a bourgeois bohemian populace, and is to the west of the north CBD:
 chelsea.jpg

The convention center, located in South Riverbend, is surrounded by a wall of high rises, and borders Central Ave:
 convention.jpg

The Ferry district was the first part of the city founded, and is named after the first thing built in the city, which is now 200 years old:
 ferry.jpg
The ferry district skyline is the skyline usually shown on postcards of the city, though it is only a fraction of the entire thing.

Kensington is to the southwest of the north CBD, and is home to many tall condominiums, as well as some businesses:
 kensington.jpg

Central Avenue is a wide avenue with pathways down the middle. It goes from the University area to the AlDa area. This part is where it turns toward the North CBD:
 mainst.jpg

Mullenham is a new wealthy district to the west of North CBD:
 mullenham.jpg

Roosevelt is the district that is separated from the rest by the Noroldo River. It is home to some high tech companies, the city's nuclear power plants, and some people:
 roosevelt.jpg

South Riverbend has grown over the last 75 years from a total ghetto hellhole into the glamorous, ritzy southern business district, this change being fueled mostly by the construction of the Canary Center. Central Avenue bisects the heart of the city, and runs through the famous Athabaska Plaza. It is my favorite district, and is my first CBD to really have charachter.
 south.jpg
Athabaska plaza is next to Benthall Center, and the Horizon Bank(Bank of America Charlotte) building.

Athabaska Square, up close:
 square.jpg
Here Central Avenue jags over one tile, accomadating Big Bry.

Here is the small district of Terminal, home to one condo building and the cruise terminal:
 terminal.jpg
The bounds of the district are at the road and the street behind the condo building.

Riverbend University is easily the most prestigious institution in Andracia, comperable to MIT or Harvard. A CBD has grown up around it in the last 125 years:
 University.jpg
Seen in the bottom Left is the small district of University square, and in the upper left is the Central district.

Unity/Midtown
The unity/midtown area is centered around the Unity center (Columbia center)
 unity.jpg

The Rock, offering great views from any window!

therock.jpg

That's all folks! Next up: Corinth
aiumkastarkius

Introduction

So I tried to do this CJ before, but I was too busy to update it. Now I am going to start fresh on Andracia!

Andracia is the first region I established, and I have been playing it since I began.

I use NAM, SAM, RHW, RMIP, as well as many buildings and train stations in my cities. I don't plop buildings, I like having at least some realism.

Population: Now more than 5,000,000 people, and growing!

Overview:

region_full.jpg

Urban Cores:

region_cities.jpg

"Provinces" And their Names. National Cap. is Red star, provincial caps are blue. The names are of provinces
region_prov.jpg

Riverbend: (More pics soon)

new_riverbend_info.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Would you be able to help us catch up after a bit of a shortfall?

We had a small shortfall last month. Your donation today would help us catch up for this month.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections