Just Starting Out

Sign in to follow this  
  • Entry
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

My husband bought me SIm City 4 Deluxe for my birthday. I love simulation games so he thought it would be fun for me.

Entries in this City Journal

smgrl82

First Tries

I have ben trying to learn how to play this game for about 9 months and the most I can do is break even on the budget, which doesn't get higher than 7k. I think my biggest hurdle right now is traffic. I start out with streets, then go to roads, then I try to figure out how to work the one-way roads, I would like to use the avenues around town or the highway system. But I just can't figure it out.

Then there is the industry. One of the advisors keeps yelling at me to put in roads or rail to deliver the products produced. I have roads and they have almost 100 freight trucks on them, but I can't figure out railroads.

Then there is mass transportation. I have bus stops and subways, but my sims don't use them that much.

Is there anyone who can shed some light on these problems so that I can enjoy my gift much more. I get to the point where the roads I have aren't enough then I go on to another city.

Sign in to follow this  

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Would you be able to help us catch up after a bit of a shortfall?

We had a small shortfall last month. Your donation today would help us catch up for this month.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections