• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

A pseudo-city journal in wich I share the various cities I'm building (or built)

May primarily contain stuff from Cities:Skylines and SimCity 4, but there may be screenshots from other games as well.

Entries in this City Journal

Manuel-ito

This is a more varied showcase of the city of Lakefield. There's some areas that still lack detailing, but for the most part, the city is final. I also updated the Imgur album.

Starting off with an aerial view:

qnOZzMh.jpg

View of Proyect Floodland and the many ferries surrounding it:

dxg5cZR.jpg

Proyect Floodland Wharf Port:

QRmSBUK.jpg

Floodland Cathedral, with a sunken ship that has been rescued from the bottom of the lake:

A6TIvcZ.jpg

View from the cathedral avenue towards the city:

p1ZTriy.jpg

View of Proyect Insula:

9WR9WR7.jpg

Ruins of the old second settlement:

tgZ4bdJ.jpg

The Insula Beacon, a former lookout place turned into a monument:

ekXJiFU.jpg

The utilities that service the region, located next to Vista Hill:

hPMTOvD.jpg

There's also a little stream that borders the nearby neighborhood:

v47Bnms.jpg

View from Vista Hill south lookout point:

7Mww3Xo.jpg

View from the north lookout point:

MQnRbHS.jpg

Trekker Castle, and the road leading to it:

lTyFAEw.jpg

mZUjgvQ.jpg

Woodstock district, located east from the city:

55T1mmG.jpg

Cargo terminal at steephill neighborhood:

ythag3c.jpg

Oak Park, with a tram weaving through:

mTq3YZV.jpg

Hoprock Park, with the LSA HQ (Lakefield Security Agency) on the left and a hospital on the right:

ECCGGzr.jpg

The headquarters of the LOFTA (Lakefield Old Factory Transit Authority) :

htyOac8.jpg

The 'Interchange on a Curve', wich connects Route ND-100 with Survivor's Boulevard:

sBQFazd.jpg

East and South sections of the Boulevard, respectively:

6kLBRGz.jpg

uqo44oy.jpg

Lakefield Stadium and its plaza:

J8NI1YK.jpg

A ferry-bus hub:

b4d4C5f.jpg

Lakefield Great Flood Memorial and park:

28dfKTG.jpg

A ferry-wharf port at Hoprock Sierra, south of the map:

SvTBcuW.jpg

And last but not least, a view of Cypress Neighborhood from the sierra:

Yvobnzi.jpg

Hope you've liked it, and apologies from being all over the place *;)

Manuel-ito

Foreword: 'Lakefield' is the name of the city I built on the Natural Disasters' Floodland Scenario. I posted an Imgur album about my take on the scenario's challenge, wich also shows how rough the city looked like then, hence why I started embellishing it after beating said challenge. There's also some previous progress I posted back on the 'Show us what you're working on' thread on the Cities:Skylines subforum (1 and 2)

With that said, here's some more progress. Starting with a general view:

8o0F48T.jpg

You may have noticed that there's a new island on the middle of the lake. That's the reclaimed first settlement, renamed 'Proyect Floodland':

P6dlP5S.jpg

Here's the newly populated Proyect Insula, with part of the ruins uncovered (preserved?):

iiS31aa.jpg

Now, there was an issue with Proyect Floodland, and it was the lack of cargo connections with the mainland. There's no valid shipping routes in this map, and sadly there's no freight equivalent of Mass Transit's ferry system, so I went for an underground rail system disguised as a 'wharf port', wich are vanilla cargo train stations with the rails covered up in one way or another. There are 4 of these stations; one at the south of the map shown here:

PofkNl8.jpg

And finally, at the map's north, I created a small water stream wich meanders around the neighborhood:

lt0kIWV.jpg

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Would you be able to help us catch up after a bit of a shortfall?

We had a small shortfall last month. Your donation today would help us catch up for this month.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections