Phoenix Project

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

160805035448818017.jpg

I present to all the new topic to replace that of R.C.D. who suffered saving of bugs: Phoenix Project. "Phoenix" because, as the legend, at his death, the bird is consumed in the flames to be reborn again and always get a little stronger. It is what I am going to do!

This project radically changes the concept in relation to the R.C.D. The goal is more to organize and plan the construction of a whole region, but to create scenes and landscapes where MMP's are most often used. These scenes are all fictitious and photos will not be modified by image software. The establishment of these scenes will mostly landscapes of Central Europe and the East. Sometimes, maybe, I will apply myself to the creation of Northern landscapes such as Scandinavia or further south to the air more "exotic"!

I do not think creating city scenes, it would take me more knowledge than I have in the modding. Instead, there will be some small villages abandoned in the middle of nowhere ... You will see for yourself, hoping that this new project you like it as much as me.

See you soon!

Entries in this City Journal

Akallan

170604011215996618.jpg

Located in Southeast Asia and in the Pacific Ocean, the Archipelago of Brebes and a group of 67 islands spanning about 580 kilometers and also the country of Halruaah. The largest island is 120 kilometers long by 40 wide and is home to the capital Kawayan. The archipelago was colonized about 70,000 years ago by men, from 500 BC the archipelago became highly coveted by its resources and its strategic position, it will be the scene of numerous territorial clashes between several neighboring countries. It was in 1760 that the British Empire took power from the archipelago and added a new colony to its list. Two centuries later, the local population revolted, and demanded its independence. After the Second World War, the United Kingdom can not preserve its authority against revolt because it demands too much military and financial means, it folds and the independence of the country will be officially signed on June 6, 1953. The civil war will cost the life of 150,000 citizens.

Today, the archipelago of Brebes has just over 15 million inhabitants, the majority of which are concentrated in Kawayan. The poverty line decreases ant the unemployment rate of 11.2% of the active population. The country's main economy comes from tourism, oil and copper. Have a nice trip!

Kawayan, the largest city and capital of the country. The population reaches 9'000'000 in 2016 and demographers estimate that the city is reaching 10'000'000 inhabitants in about twenty years. The city is contrasted by poor neighborhoods, other neighborhoods rise with large buildings blending British architecture in the modern Asian and Australian era.

170604011228326649.jpg

There are a multitude of small villages like this spread over the entire archipelago. Most of these villages depend on fishing and agriculture, for some of them tourism operates the local economy.

170604011226607656.jpg

One of the four airfields in the country. Built in 1940 during the Second World War, it served the British Army for military operations on the islands neighboring archipelago. The aerodrome has been classified as one of the worst in the world by an aeronautical review because of its delicate position between the ocean and the cliffs, the pilots have courage ... There have already happened a few accidents, but never anything serious.

170604011238257805.jpg

An old colonial house of the British Empire isolated from everything.

170604011243293447.jpg

In the archipelago still lives some indigenous tribes they live mainly of the fishing. There are about 1,700 natives scattered over several islands.

170604011221847108.jpg

After the war, the country developed to the detriment of the natives.

170604011236903311.jpg

One of the few stream in the whole archipelago.

170604011249741352.jpg

The Hainia Atoll. It takes millions of years for an atoll to form: at first it is a volcano to which coral is formed around it in shallow and warm waters. The volcano collapses until it disappears completely leaving behind only a coral reef in the form of a ring. This process takes several million years.

170604011234760016.jpg

In 2006, a man was found on an island in the archipelago, surviving for a dozen years before a fisherman's boat noticed an unusual activity on the island. The man had made a huge fire and kept it up for several days before anyone noticed his presence. He says he had a great holiday!

170604011233869310.jpg

161008104325671706.jpg

On 04.06.2017 at 6:53 AM, Silur said:

This is very good work. I really like the picture with the airport. I wish you continued success.

Thank you Silur.

On 04.06.2017 at 10:10 AM, Chief ZDN said:

Inspired by this? 

Impressive CJ! Thanks.

Thank you. No, I was not inspired by this CJ, although it is very beautiful. *:)

On 04.06.2017 at 11:26 AM, _Michael said:

MMP overload!

Really amazing work - I love how you've integrated such variety in your use of MMPs, layering them all up. That second picture is truly stunning. :O 

Anyway, always eager for more from you Akallan!

Thanks Michael, the next update will be in a long time. As soon I will not have much time to dedicate to SC4, and also I want to prepare something huge that will take me a lot of time.

On 04.06.2017 at 11:44 AM, feyss said:

You could make a new season of Koh Lanta in those islands!

Why not! *:rofl: Thank you for the comment!

On 04.06.2017 at 1:23 PM, Talla 2XLC said:

i like how the airfield blends in :)

Thank you, I enjoyed doing this little aerodrome.

On 04.06.2017 at 2:26 PM, mrbisonm said:

The airfield is good, but the peninsula with the Lighthouse is something else. Damn, that's good *SC4 detailing* ! I wish I could take a hike around this........

mrb

I'm glad to hear it, thank you very much. *:)

On 05.06.2017 at 5:41 PM, CdMadero said:

:thumb: Viewing this entry while listening to this song:

Reveal hidden contents

Yes why not. *:yes:

On 07.06.2017 at 1:57 AM, GoKingsGo said:

2nd picture though.  Fantastic work! 

The airport is chill too

Thank you GoKingsGo!

On 20.06.2017 at 0:23 AM, tariely said:

VERY good nature pictures, esp. 2 -- well, not so much nature, that one -- agri...:-) & 3.And the last mosaic ! Amazing MMP job.

Thank you very much tariely! :)

Akallan

170501045823489640.jpg

Hello everyone,

I have not posted anything more than a month. So I come up with a new YouTube video that this time is not a tutorial plus an experience of changing deforestation. I hope that this new concept will please you, if it works well I will do some times in the same genre.

Good viewing! :)

161008104325671706.jpg

On 01.05.2017 at 9:38 PM, Ln X said:

A great video. It would have been nice to see close-ups of that deforestation.

Thank you. I did not want to take a close look at deforestation for a number of reasons. The first reason is that a close-up would have asked for more details and therefore more time. The second reason, with a bigger zoom on deforestation is less impressive: if one takes the first and last image of deforestation there is a clear difference.

The goal of the first part of the video is not to do anything incredibly detailed with the MMP, but simply to see "live" deforstation.
*:)

On 01.05.2017 at 10:05 PM, korver said:

Awesome video with a powerful message that we all need to pay attention to. Also, great MMPing as usual.

Btw, do I see elephants? Maybe we can see an African themed update some time *:P

Thank you, I'm glad to see that the video passes a good message.

I already thought about doing Africa, but it will not be for now, but it will come!
*;)

On 01.05.2017 at 10:22 PM, _Michael said:

Really 'enjoyed', for lack of a better word, seeing that develop.

As @korver said, a very powerful message encapsulated in a beautiful video. :) 

Thank you Michael! *:D

On 02.05.2017 at 4:14 AM, MushyMushy said:

Wow, those are some very well-done nature scenes! And the message about deforestation is important. It hits home for me to an extent because a logging operation has been going on for quite a few years down the road from one of my relative's houses (they live out in the middle of nowhere). It's really changed the largely untouched rural landscape in an ugly way.

Thank you for your kind words! On the other hand, there are also trees near me that have been cut down, it dramatically changes the landscape and makes it uglier. Less and less trees for more concretes, unfortunately. Contact with nature is soon lost. :dead:

On 02.05.2017 at 4:31 AM, RandyE said:

This is a compreshensive presentation.  The messages and animation sequences flow to a conclusion that is effective to the central ethic.  

Home, sweet Earth, my best friend.

Thank you very much RandyE. *:)

On 02.05.2017 at 7:18 PM, Simmer2 said:

Well done! Love the video presentation!

Thank you! *:)

On 08.05.2017 at 6:36 PM, mrbisonm said:

From a SC4 Oldtimer : This Video is with no doubt one of the best artistic SC4 works I have seen so far, *tout a fait mon style*. Thanks, It was a real pleasure to watch. Your message is clear!

Fred (mrb)

Merci! Your message affects me a lot, I'm glad to hear these words, thank you again! *:yes:

11 hours ago, Takingyouthere said:

Wow that was really interesting, thanks again for another fantastic video Akallan!

Thanks to you for the comment. :)

Akallan

170430105314378120.jpg

Hello everyone,

For a moment I did not return to the forums because I had quite a lot to do. So to come back nicely I decided to make a video before continuing my Dahammas area. It is a video related to the creation of a pond, I hope you like it! ;)

161008104325596679.jpg

Water :

STEX - Paeng's Free Waters

Rock :

STEX - Murimk MMP Rocks - Pack 1
STEX - VIP RuralPack

Vegetation :

LEX - BSC - VIP girafe ashes
LEX - BSC - VIP girafe bushes
LEX - BSC - VIP girafe cattails
LEX - BSC - VIP girafe chestnuts
LEX - BSC - VIP girafe daisy
LEX - BSC - VIP girafe elms
LEX - BSC - VIP girafe feather grass
LEX - BSC - VIP girafe lupins
LEX - BSC - VIP girafe narcissus
LEX - BSC - VIP girafe norway maples
LEX - BSC - VIP girafe oaks
LEX - BSC - VIP girafe poppies
LEX - BSC - VIP girafe sparaxis
LEX - RRP Pasture Flora

Various :

LEX - Mayor Mode Ploppable Livestock
LEX - SFBT Craftsmen House by voltaic
STEX - FrankU Heblem Sand addon
STEX - Nams 48people MMP
STEX - VIP AubracWallMMP

161008104325671706.jpg

On 16/03/2017 at 8:37 AM, Takingyouthere said:

Thanks for another great tutorial. It always amazes me how your about to work so fast. I know the vidoe is sped up but what I mean is with how you switch between and move on to using different mmp's very quickly without worrying about making a mistake and going back to retouch an area. 

It's a bit like a habit, and even if there's a mistake you have to keep going because the video is spinning and I can not do too much time. Despite that, we do not see it, but I sometimes have moments of hesitation during the video. Thank you for your comment! *:)

On 16/03/2017 at 6:41 PM, raynev1 said:

Wonderful entry , I always enjoy seeing your "How To" tutorials . Some cool music to go with the video as well . 

Thank you very much raynev1! *:thumb:

On 16/03/2017 at 8:26 PM, _Michael said:

What a great tutorial - I'll be taking note! Thanks for sharing. :D 

Thank to you! ;)

On 16/03/2017 at 11:43 PM, Ernestmaxis said:

Even when I can make the same I allways love to see others works! Thanks for the tutorial and sharing this :)

Seeing elsewhere is always interesting even when one is able to do the same. :)

Akallan

Eréphore - Pt. II

161230074429489836.jpg

And here is the second part of Eréphore! I wish you all with a little bit of advance, good holidays of end of years!

A small village in the area, a few tourists pass by here to visit the fort and hike along the river.

161230063618810864.jpg

One of the two arms of the Thylis, The flow of the river is not very large and fertilizes not much land. Over the past thirty years, the flow of the river has further diminished due to increasingly intense farming.

161230063631890266.jpg

In the mountain of Gormios there is an ancient ruin of an ancient temple. It was destroyed by an earthquake around 500 AD and plundered intensely after that.

161230063622390642.jpg

The city center of Erephore and capital of the region, there are about 120'000 inhabitants.

161230063615655731.jpg

Upon returning to the "Blue Line", we can see the old desalination plant built some fifteen years ago and still functioning today. Due to demographic growth, in recent years, this plant is not enough and a second bigger one has been built.

161230063628210468.jpg

161008104325671706.jpg

On 30/12/2016 at 10:50 PM, kingofsimcity said:

Amazing work and attention to detail! The mosaic with the farms hugging the winding river is definitely my favorite shot here.

Thank you! :)

On 31/12/2016 at 5:11 PM, raynev1 said:

I second that . That winding river flanked with farms in the mosaic does look fantastic . You also made nice use of SM2's pipe set . :thumb:

Have a safe and Happy New Year .

Thank you, and Happy New Year! :)

On 31/12/2016 at 5:12 PM, JP Schriefer said:

Very nice pictures :)

Thank you!

On 31/12/2016 at 11:21 PM, kschmidt said:

Very nice mediteranien scene; mmp´s very lovely, rugged, maybe some more olive trees and vineyards and varied rock fields and potholes, italian houses set very nicely used. Desalnitation with the present drought is of vital importance. Local business in countries like italy at the coast is so busy any spot is used to the max, any where maybe less, well done !

Thank you very much pour your comment!

On 01/01/2017 at 6:44 PM, Tonraq said:

Looks great! Good job :) 

On 01/01/2017 at 6:50 PM, jmsepe said:

Nice work! Those are really some wonderful scenes.

Thank you very much jmsepe! :)

18 hours ago, v701 said:

Very cool countryside and city !

:ducky:

Thank you. :)

16 hours ago, Urban Constanta said:

this is amazing can't thinkl about the countless number of hours you put in this. It's just pure art. great job

Thank you. Yes, that's a lot of work! :)

Akallan

Eréphore - Pt. I

161011110206715669.jpg

The sun shines draining land in early summer, the south wind sweeps before the doors of houses. Today, the thermometer rise to 34°C on average across the country, the region of Eréphore was most affected by the heat wave, could be measured around noon a temperature of 39°C! Eréphore is one of two regions of the southernmost countries and their Mediterranean climate, the olives trees are thriving and are walking in part with the local economy behind tourism. This part of the country yet still remains very poor, people live mainly from agriculture, fishing and a few small travails often not reported to the state.

Have fun watching these images, this is only the first part of Eréphore. Indeed, the work done so far is huge and is not finished yet. I have many ideas to run for the next update always on the same topic, and I do not want to wait several weeks before a new entry (soon it's been a month that I work on this update ). I wish you all a good viewing, see you soon!

The "Blue Line" is the line of the oldest railway in the country, it has that name because it runs along the sea. Built during the First World War, in 1915, it was used primarily to link the north the territory to the south for the supply of the army. The end of the war, the line will operate for civilian use, and rail will grow in the country.

161011094207586509.jpg

The Thylis, a small River rises about 50 km to the west in the massive Gormios. The river is known for the motorway viaduct that crosses from east to west. Completed in 2008, it serves the Eréphore other region.

161011094211652088.jpg

The old tower, so she is appointed. This type of building built in the Middle Ages is common in the south. It was used to alert the town in case of an attack with a trumpet. At that time, there were often raids in villages.

161011094144959859.jpg

The plateau Eréphore with its abbey overlooking the semi-desert terrain, it is crossed by the National Road 7.

161011094155877839.jpg

A small village almost deserted, there are still 13 people... The houses each turn fall into ruin.

161011094206339531.jpg

161008104325671706.jpg

On 12/10/2016 at 1:14 AM, feyss said:

Nice pictures!

(Yeah it's an original comment... but I have nothing else to say)

Thank you feyss! No need to say more, if you do not feel it! ^^

On 12/10/2016 at 8:18 AM, rathefalcon said:

Beautiful landscapes! The abandoned village scene reminds me a bit of the landscape in Jean de Florette. You have such great command of MMP placement.

Thank you very much! :)

On 12/10/2016 at 10:18 AM, Takingyouthere said:

Wow are you kidding me... You've really outdid yourself this time, that is a ridiculous amount of mmp work. We need an option to give two likes or something, this certainly deserves it. And just how much free time do you have on you hands? Then again knowing how fast you work it probably didn't take as long as one would think.

Thank you very much for your comment, I'm really glad to hear it!
It took me a little time to create these five photos, Eréphore was born there about 20 days, but I have not worked on it every day. I think in total I had to make between 35 and 40 hours to get the results you see. :)

On 12/10/2016 at 3:26 PM, Ln X said:

OH YEAH! You have perfectly captured that semi-arid Mediterranean feel. Good job on the MMP rock placement too, that is probably the hardest part of using MMPs. I would say the last three pictures are my favourite, I just love that rocky, dry shrubland.

Thank you! Yes, rocky parts are a bit more complex to do. I had to try several samples before making a decision. I'm usually bad for this type of MMP. :P

On 12/10/2016 at 5:58 PM, _Michael said:

Wow. Wow. Wow. 

SO MUCH MMP!

But seriously, this is incredible. Like really beautifully incredible.

Reveal hidden contents

@korver, are you watching your back? There's finally an opponent to you. :P :D 

Thank you very much Michael! :thumb:

On 12/10/2016 at 6:31 PM, Simmer2 said:

Bravo!!

Thank you Simmer2! :)

On 12/10/2016 at 9:37 PM, kschmidt said:

A work of art ! Like those hard to find lots like the Medieval Tower, North African housing and rural house set´s TSC ?! Well done !

Yes rural houses from the TSC:  Nams BATS PROPS PACK Vol 01

Thank you for the comment! :)

On 12/10/2016 at 11:07 PM, sunda said:

Ótimo trabalho!! Congragulations!!

On 13/10/2016 at 2:34 AM, _marsh_ said:

Beautiful scenes and mosaics. Love the dry stuff particularly well

Thank for you comment! :)

On 14/10/2016 at 3:57 AM, Hellken said:

Absolutely fantastic. So Beautiful!

By the way how did you get the MMPs under the bridge? Most people use MMPs that extend for more than 1 tile but yours seems so seamless. 

Thank you! There is no need to build particular MMP under a bridge. You just have to click below with the MMP and it's all good! ;)

14 hours ago, sucram17 said:

now that is some great mmp-ing! very nice done.

Thank you very much! :)

2 hours ago, TekindusT said:

I hadn't been so close to the Mediterranean sea since the Summer holidays! Sir, you have my respect and gained a new hardcore fan.

Thank you for your nice comment TekindusT! :)

Akallan

170430105314458793.jpg

Hello everybody,

Today I post a video tutorial on the roads. often compliment me about my road (MMP) and ask how to do it well. I hope that it will meet the expectations of some people. I wish you a good viewing! *:)

See you soon for future new updates will happen soon! *;)

161008104325596679.jpg

Rock :

Road :

LEX - RRP Draggable Paths ChrisAdamas3997
STEX - VIP Carpack vol1
STEX - VIP Carpack vol2
STEX - VIP Carpack vol3

Vegetation :

LEX - RRP Pasture Flora
LEX - BSC - VIP girafe ashes
LEX - BSC - VIP girafe maples v2
LEX - BSC - VIP girafe oaks

Various :

LEX - Les Murets de l'Aubrac Orange TSC
STEX - Bikes
STEX - Nams 48people MMP
STEX - VIP AubracWallMMP
STEX - VIP RuralPack

161008104325671706.jpg

On 08.10.2016 at 4:41 PM, _Michael said:

Lovely work! Such a stunning use of different MMPS! *:)

Would be quite good to have a list of all of the MMPs used - it's quite hard to identify the ones you don't have by their icons.

Thank you! Excuse me. I put the links of all MMPs used in this video.

On 08.10.2016 at 5:13 PM, raynev1 said:

Very nice . *:thumb:

Same as above , would be very helpful if you could give names or links . Would appreciate very much . *:ohyes:

Thank you! *:)

On 09.10.2016 at 1:05 AM, Ln X said:

Get this stickied/featured ASAP! Also, nice bit of MMP work!

Thank you! What is ASAP?

On 09.10.2016 at 8:06 AM, Takingyouthere said:

Nicely done, another very useful tutorial. It amazing just how quickly you can create a scene like that. I know the video has been accelerated perhaps several times faster than normal, but it seems like that would still put the total time to create that scene at an hour or less.

Thank you for your comment! The speed of the video is x2.05. So I had about 20 minutes IRL to create this scene. *:thumb:

On 09.10.2016 at 8:28 AM, Silur said:

This is very attractive for the eye candy!

Thank you Silur! *:)

On 09.10.2016 at 1:42 PM, kschmidt said:

Great inspiraton; steady hand and trial and error one can get a long way ! MMP´s give so much freedom if used correctly,; Tree mod´s are nice for the support of a certain landscape, MMP´s are the finishing touch ! These tutorials video´s will help a lot of SimCity  enthousiast to raise there landscaping skills, well done !

Thank you for your nice comment! It takes a little practice at first to build straight roads. But one learns quickly! *;)

On 09.10.2016 at 7:33 PM, TekindusT said:

Another entry on my Bookmarked links! Great tutorial!

Thank you TekindusT! *:)

On 11.10.2016 at 10:17 PM, MeMyself&I said:

Huh.  I didn't even know that was possible *:???:  Everyday is a school day here at Simtropolis, it seems.  I love finding out about new things like this although, it's probably not so new to most of you.  Thanks for sharing this and, great job too, by the way! *:thumb:

Thank you for your comment! Anything is possible with SC4! We learn new things every day, me too! *;)

On 12.10.2016 at 1:26 PM, feyss said:

I'm not a big fan of MMP roads, but it's a nice tuto though!

Thank you. MMP routes have advantages, but also disadvantages. Everything depends on the context of their use. *:)

22 hours ago, huzman said:

A bit late (about a year) discovering this Tuto, I have been looking for it quite a few months for these "real" rural roads.
Now I can build rural roads between large farms developments and small hamlets. Looks very good.

Thank you from the comment, I am glad that this is useful. :)

Akallan

Valley Tühbräk

160922074553944277.jpg

Seven days the emperor was murdered in the capital. Seven days, that the Empire is destabilized and frightened people. No one knows who the meurtrier is and for which it acts, can be an enemy of the Empire or a coup of state...

But today is another day, that of a new emperor will rule as wisely as possible. We must restore the situation, the Empire needs a strong man ...

The sun just beginning to rise as the city is already in motion, the garrison army prepares and secures down the path that the Emperor during his walk to the cathedral to take the wish. Meanwhile the lost in the countryside, the emperor prepares his speech at the castle, which is three hours on horseback from the capital. When he leaves, he will be escorted to the royal guard, his wife, his two children and other statesmen and religious. When he arrives in the capital, it will take about thirty minutes before arriving at the cathedral to finally complete the ceremony. As time passes and more people in the city is excited, there are people angry and more happy to finally have someone on the throne to regain control of the situation before things degenerate. Indeed, there has already been some revolts around the country, often small but end badly.

Finally, it is high time that the Emperor sits on the throne, it is carried by a long reign worthy of the name!

160927114124477344.jpg

In this city is restless, but less campaign. The Emperor does not always win the heart of the rural population, poorer it has little to the life of these people. "A man or another to the throne, it changes nothing for us! It is not they who will reap wheat.", Said an old farmer.

16092711411769246.jpg

1609271140556641.jpg

A small stream, near the castle from which governs the Emperor.

160927114138777469.jpg

Near the stream, the monks of the monastery are preparing for the ceremony.

160927114034233395.jpg

16092711403538960.jpg

The cathedral, great symbol of Dahammas capital. The streets are crowded and it is difficult to move about, the army prepares the way.

160927114122577042.jpg

The Emperor should leave soon...

160927114137989794.jpg

... Even though the quiet and beautiful scenery make you want to stay there!

160927114059967143.jpg

161008104325671706.jpg

On 22/09/2016 at 10:59 PM, _Michael said:

Lovely use of the Berg Eltz! And lovely rural scenes. Mind me asking, what is the stone bridge in the forth image? - It looks fantastic! Keep up the amazing work!

Thank you :)The mod is this bridge: Le Petit Pont de Pierre

On 23/09/2016 at 3:23 AM, sunda said:

Beautiful !

On 23/09/2016 at 6:27 AM, Golhbul said:

Vraiment joli.... Bravo.

Tu ne t'es pas trompé? Je comprends pas, ce que viens faire l'image de Dahammas au centre des images de campagne. Cependant c'est très bien.. Continues comme ça, et vivement la suite

Merci Golhbul! Non, je ne me suis pas trompé, en revanche il se peut que mon histoire soit un peu flou, je ne suis pas encore un grand conteur et je n'ai pas toujours les bons mots. Je cite Dahammas en clin d’œil à la R.C.D. simplement. :) Ce n'est donc pas une image provenant de la R.C.D., mais bel et bien une image de Tühbräk. J'espère avoir éclairci un peu ton doute. ;)

On 23/09/2016 at 3:51 PM, kschmidt said:

Nice rural scape ! Monastery custom lot ? City cathedral bit odd picture in between all oll those countryside marvel, well done !

Thank you kschmidt! :) No, the lot is created by Simmer2: Schiffenberg Monastery Revisited.

On 23/09/2016 at 6:53 PM, kingofsimcity said:

Everything is beautiful but the castle scenes at the end definitely take the cake. Wow! Phenomenal!

Thank you very much, glad you like it! :D

On 23/09/2016 at 9:00 PM, Ln X said:

Truly beautiful and a fantastic use of MMPs. Take a bow good sir!

Thank you Ln X! ^^

On 24/09/2016 at 4:53 AM, Takingyouthere said:

Beautiful hand crafted nature scenery and I didn't realize this CJ had a historical story line it's quite interesting to read.

I try to create something exciting around images. But my English is bad and it does not do as well as French. I hope to improve! Anyway, thank you the comment! :)

On 26/09/2016 at 10:31 PM, raynev1 said:

Your MMP work looks very nice .

Thank you raynev1! :)

On 28/09/2016 at 9:17 PM, Simmer2 said:

One word......Stunning!!

Thank you Simmer2! The next update will be even better! ;)

Akallan

Tutorial : create a river 2

170430105314532132.jpg

Hello everyone,

Tonight a short 13-minute video to show the construction of a river. I made this video because the previous one was too accelerated. There is nothing new, the video will seem just slower! Good viewing!

161008104325596679.jpg

Rock :

STEX - Murimk MMP Rocks - Pack 2
STEX - Paeng's Free Waters
STEX - Rock 'n' Stones

Vegetation :

LEX - BSC - VIP girafe berries
LEX - BSC - VIP girafe cattails
LEX - BSC - VIP girafe elms
LEX - BSC - VIP girafe honey locust
LEX - BSC - VIP girafe rowan trees
LEX - BSC - VIP girafe sparaxis
LEX - RRP Pasture Flora
STEX - Logging Set
STEX - Aesculus MMPSeasonal flora
STEX - VIP orange Fagus MMPSeasonal flora

Water :

STEX - RFR Plopwater Pack

Various :

STEX - Nams 48people MMP
STEX - RFR Deers and Wild Boars

161008104325671706.jpg

On 14/09/2016 at 9:51 PM, Gn_leugim said:

Nice video!! I learned a lot from it. Just a question, what are those "herb"s you use to cover the side of the river??

Edit: Also, what's the name of the (first) music? *:D

Thank you for your comment! The grass that I use is a personal mod Girafe manufactured for me, I talk to him can be shared. The titles of the tracks are available in al description of the video on YouTube! *:)

- 00:00 BrunuhVille - Winterwolf
- 05:26 Jon Henrik Fjällgren - Jag Är Fri (Manne Leam Frijje)
- 08:30 Omnia - I Don't Speak Human

On 15/09/2016 at 1:05 AM, BugeyedDragon said:

I second this, also, the rocks and fallen trees?

For trees is this mod:  Logging Setin the rocks are main these: Murimk MMP Rocks - Pack 1Murimk MMP Rocks - Pack 2 and Rock 'n' Stones .

On 15/09/2016 at 7:31 AM, Hellken said:

Content is from girafe, CP, and Murimk at http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_main.php. Search there.

========================

Stunning work!

Thanks you Hellken! *:)

On 15/09/2016 at 8:08 PM, Takingyouthere said:

That's one beautiful and efficiently made river, it was very interesting to watch you brought the scene to life. Thanks for taking the time to do this.

Thank you for your comment! ^^

On 16/09/2016 at 2:40 AM, CorinaMarie said:

I loved your vid! And the river looks so life-like. *:thumb:

Tkanks you CorinaMarie! *:)

On 16/09/2016 at 3:04 PM, Aleister said:

Wow . . . you are an artist with a true flair for making the river and associated terrain come to life! 

Thank you very much, glad you like it! *:D

On 17/09/2016 at 11:42 AM, old_desertox said:

@Akallan Sori for asking... can i have all ur plugin at once.. *:) i very lazzy to donwload one by one.. hehe.. *:D 

Here is the link if you want to download my Plugins folder: link removed

On 17/09/2016 at 9:41 PM, old_desertox said:

@Akallan Wow.. You are a generous man ... God Bless You

You're welcome! All mods are in French, I translated everything, remade all the descriptions and all images of the lots. Everything is sorted by category.

The folder 1.2. not translated yet and there is still a lot of new image. I will soon (that is why it is written "à faire" EN:  "to do"). The NAM folder (3.1.) Is not touch in order to leave intact for the reading direction of folders inside of it. Folder 3.2. about the airport is not changed either. Because it contains a lot of items and they are never used much. The RCI areas (4.1. / 4.2. / 4.3. / 4.4.) Are sorted by type and wealth. Then the 5.1. and 5.2. files. are dependencies and mods that affect the gameplay.

The lots that are modified are those that can "plopper". As for the police buildings, fire, schools, monuments, etc ... The other lots ("growable") are not changed.

Warning: If you would like to use all my plugins folder as is, you must imperatively keep the order of numbering of file as they are (1.1 to 5.3.)!  Sensitive files are 3.1. to 3.6. (Transport). Inside thereof they still have a multitude of mods (z_mod) sorted to size. For those who understand French, see also this page about my plugins: FR - ToutSimCities - My plugins (subject: R.C.D.) , If you do not understand French, the images will be easy enough to understand I think. *:)

On 19/09/2016 at 9:24 AM, old_desertox said:

@Akallan Dont Worry generous man.. French is part of the world... *:D  i"ll learn it

If you have any questions about Plugins, please contact me by message. Good fun! *;)

On 24/09/2016 at 3:30 AM, mrbisonm said:

If anyone would have shown in 2003(the year SC4 came out) that this would be possible one day to do, I simply would have never believed it. I actually enjoyed this video greatly, I used to do a lot of things as such in the years back, but I guess You have beaten my talent.

This is simply GREAT stuff and it has waken my sense to come back to SC4 again. You are one talented creator!

Hats off !

Fred

I am happy to read your comment. SC4 is the master of city-builder, CS can not beat it, even if it is good. I can only encourage you to start SC4 and to a CJ!
Thank you! *:thumb:

Akallan

Höreinn

160907094600941785.jpg

In the far north, a territory lost through time in almost total silence and gives way to the fantastic white world: that of Höreinn! The huge territory has never been colonized, too wild and cold, it has pushed the men set foot there permanently. It is only since the late 20th century a few huts and cottages were built. The first buildings were those of came poachers hunt bear and some deer, then melting ice will still come men on land. The region still may be populated by a few hundred men in the next ten years, actually, with melting ice, some oil companies plan to drill offshore where it was impossible to reach there half a century...

Höreinn still keeps its splendor, here are some pictures to illustrate it. This is a small update, because winter and snow miss with the hot weather!

I hope you enjoy it, see you soon!

The largest chalet of any Höreinn! Set in the very south of the territory, he undergoes a milder climate than the rest of the territory to the north...

160927113029533625.jpg

... Finally, we are still in the North!

160927113011580924.jpg

160927113002290365.jpg

The bear is getting lost...

160927113040204687.jpg

161008104325671706.jpg

On 25/08/2016 at 11:03 PM, _Michael said:

Just commented on SC4D, but I'll say it again: Purely stunning work!

So thank you again! ;)

On 25/08/2016 at 11:03 PM, kschmidt said:

Lapland like setting, very cold but stil close to the sea ! Winter theme is very hard to hit, with little winter BAT replacements, a quit theme with only a few, well done !

Thank you kschmidt! Yes, the winter theme is very difficult to do, especially for plants in my opinion.

On 26/08/2016 at 0:30 AM, feyss said:

Great pictures

Thanks feyss! :)

On 26/08/2016 at 1:47 AM, raynev1 said:

Whoa , some fantastic images . But boy , does it look cold there . Brrr , gave me chills just looking at it . Well done . 5/5

Thank you for your comment! You will have time to warm you until next real winter! ;)

On 26/08/2016 at 2:33 AM, RandyE said:

Spectacular!   Typo in the interesting intro: 'came poachers' should read 'game...'   Is the 3rd pic down supposed to be very dark or is my brightness set so low I can't see it? 

Thank you! :) In the picture, I see well. Maybe your screen dark setting?

On 26/08/2016 at 7:18 AM, kingofsimcity said:

Snow scenes are pretty hard to come by and you did a fine job with what's available! Great MMP work!

Thank you kingofsimcity! :)

On 26/08/2016 at 3:54 PM, metarvo said:

Winter's my favorite season — although I don't always get much of it where I live.  One of the most peaceful things I've done is take a brisk walk in the snow.  Everything seems so pure and hopeful.

The lodge looks like a good place to hang out by the fireplace and sip on hot chocolate or apple cider while plotting the next snow adventure.  The falling snow over that small cabin would look great on a postcard.

Nice work, Akallan!

:thumb:

Thank you very much! Your comment makes me happy! Winter is my favorite season, I live in Switzerland, yet even here the snow starts to become scarce (in low altitude). I then created few landscapes to remember that winter is beautiful! :wub:

On 27/08/2016 at 6:06 AM, Takingyouthere said:

That is a very cool idea and it was executed exceptionally well too. I'm really enjoying all the unique scenes you've provided us with so far in your CJ entries :yes:

Thank you Takingyouthere, and it's not finished! ;)

On 28/08/2016 at 3:06 PM, heartless said:

Beautiful stunning work.

Very picturesque, indeed.

On 29/08/2016 at 8:59 PM, Ln X said:

Fantastic, fantastic winter scenes. In the first picture my jaw dropped!

Thank you very much Ln X! :Rolling:

Akallan

Creek Neliah

160907094600561555.jpg

Story of an inhabitant:
"Legend has it that 11th century, a small ship would be near a large creek during an autumn night. It seems that they saw a strange light shining from above, the captain ordered to land on a beach a few kilometers from this cliff. Throughout the night, the team of sailors marched through the forest. At dawn, the team finally reaches the top of the cliff, we could not see the light because of the sunrise, the marine team decides to mount camps waiting to see the famous light.

Night came, and still nothing ... The nights go, the weeks go ... But nothing, no light. Lack of resources there, the sailors began to turn back. They left the island, thinking that it was madness or the region were enchanted. No matter for them, it's time to leave!

The creek is discovered, but the mystery remains. During the late 17th century, it will Edvard Neliah, a little superstitious adventurer out to conquer the creek with settlers in search of glory and honor. At their establishment at the top of the cliff, nothing happened during nights ... Until one night, the light appears next to the village, Neliah will rush alone to view it, more he approached, and more the light disappeared into the dark forest.
In the morning, the villagers realized that Neliah was not there, they decided to go looking for him. Until late in the day, no one found the man, and no trace. Neliah was never found and will be reported missing or dead. The settlers decided to name the creek "Neliah", in honor of the first man died on this land that thanks to him, a village was built."

Since the disappearance of Edvard Neliah, the region counted a dozen earthquakes, the last earthquake dates back about two months., and the village was depopulated a little more each earthquake.

Today, the villagers believe hard as iron in this legend. But scientists are trying to find explanations, in vain.

I wish you all a good visit this famous cliff! See you soon!

160927105634835616.jpg

160927105557429444.jpg

The latest earthquake did not make big mess, it's a chance!

160927105731646264.jpg

160927105602372375.jpg

160927105640288114.jpg

16092710571680639.jpg

160927105618138833.jpg

160927105623171518.jpg

160927105642838629.jpg

This small green house belonged to Neliah. She has since abandoned, some say hear strange noises within these four walls... This is definitely a band of squatters!

160927105646923582.jpg

160927105658340253.jpg

160927105706152648.jpg

160927105704393853.jpg

160927105709882659.jpg

160927105743800143.jpg

160927105738273298.jpg

161008104325671706.jpg

On 06/08/2016 at 2:52 AM, BugeyedDragon said:

FANTASTIC MMP WORK! where'd you get the ploppable houses next to the wheat farm (not the SHK beach houses, but the timberframe, etc, houses)

Thank you very much. The wooden house in the chicken coop or at the edge of the village? I put you two links ;)SPAM (House of chicken coop)Maison Troyenne 1

On 06/08/2016 at 8:22 AM, Takingyouthere said:

Great to see you wasted no time getting right back into it. Excellent mmp work as usual and your putting new meaning to the words going off the grid. It's like the word gird doesn't even exist in this world. btw could you tell me which mmp did you use to create those asphalt/cement looking roads? thanks!

Thank you Takingyouthere! :)I use single mod Chrisadams3997 RRP Draggable Paths

On 06/08/2016 at 6:01 PM, KRMill09 said:

Wow! Just ... wow!

Thank you! :D

On 06/08/2016 at 6:11 PM, _Michael said:

Wow. Wow. Wow. I admire your persistance despite technical problems, and how you quickly get ack to SC4 with AMAZING work. As @Takingyouthere said, the grid doesn't exist here, which is great!

And @Takingyouthere, an answer to your question, the paths are here: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1885

Thank you very much Michael. I do not like to waste time, unfortunately the R.C.D. is over. It is inutil to self-pity, we must move forward. :thumb:

On 06/08/2016 at 6:35 PM, nos.17 said:

giphy.gif

That road is literally the most amazing thing I have ever seen!

I highly suggest you submit it to the front page features section. It certainly is more than worthy.

Thank you very much! :GrinNew: But what is this page which you speak:???:

On 06/08/2016 at 6:50 PM, v701 said:

What a nice countryside !! Good job !!

:ducky:

On 06/08/2016 at 7:51 PM, feyss said:

Magnifique!

(I allowed myself to submit it as a featured update because it's really great!)

Merci feyss! :) Mais de quelle page parles-tu? nos.17 me fait une remarque similaire à la tienne... :???:

( EN - But what page are you talking about? nos.17 me a similar point to yours... :???:)

On 07/08/2016 at 1:10 AM, korver said:

Off to a fantastic start. Nice work! :thumb:

Hey Korver, thank you! :)

On 07/08/2016 at 6:45 AM, sucram17 said:

Imagine such asphalt mod to the roads. That would be perfect. Nice entry btw.

Thank you! There possibly SAM No. 7 looks like it, otherwise do a new SAM texture... :uhm:

On 07/08/2016 at 8:49 AM, kingofsimcity said:

Such a lovely rural scene. Fantastic job!

On 07/08/2016 at 11:33 AM, kschmidt said:

Nothing more to add ? MMP landscape of supurb quality, painting like the simulation is totaly unimportant ! Forestry and rural detail along tota freehand layed road scene, well done !

Thank you very much kschmidt! :thumb:

On 07/08/2016 at 5:03 PM, nos.17 said:

@Akallan ... Right here on the front page.

Oh ok. I do not know, thank you for the information! I made a proposal. :)

On 07/08/2016 at 11:22 PM, Thin White Duke said:

The roads look slightly too wide for such a setting, but that's just insufferable nitpicking. Amazing work! :)

No this is not an unbearable point, quite the contrary! Now that you have this reflection, I find it true. Thank you anyway! :)

On 07/08/2016 at 11:27 PM, sunda said:

Bom! Achei bem interessante as formas geométricas vistas do alto. 

Hey, thanks you! :Rolling:

On 08/08/2016 at 4:08 AM, RandyE said:

The focus on terrain here is really impressive, the textures blend about as good as it can get. 

Thank you very much RandyE! :thumb:

On 08/08/2016 at 8:56 PM, Ln X said:

This. Entry. Feature. You. Must.

Gorgeous MMPing, landscaping, textures and farming!

Thank you very much Ln X. I proposed this article in the "Features". But for some reason, Dirktator failed to put my story on page header:lost:  (Yet he tried several times to put it. In vain...)

On 09/08/2016 at 5:28 AM, jmsepe said:

Now this what you call a great entry. Loving the scenes and greenery. 

On 10/08/2016 at 3:03 AM, raynev1 said:

Nice entry , I see you're an artist and a storyteller . Great job .

Thank you very much. I try to make things as captivating as possible. :)

On 15/08/2016 at 9:42 PM, DavidDHetzel said:

this may be the first time, I've seen a photo that has no Stock bits in it!

On 16/08/2016 at 9:39 PM, tankmank said:

Wow, that is some amazing work, the level of detail and the way that it has been laid out is exceptional, it is SC4 taken to a whole different level 

Thank you very much tankmank! :)

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Would you be able to help us catch up after a bit of a shortfall?

We had a small shortfall last month. Your donation today would help us catch up for this month.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections