Ray Islands

Sign in to follow this  
  • Entry
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

A small island chain in the middle of the Atlantic, formerly a US territory!

(more info coming later)

Entries in this City Journal

raikip

RAY ISLANDS CITY JOURNAL BY RAIKIP

1 - Airport Special District (Part 1)

Hello everybody and welcome to the Ray Islands!

In this post we will be exploring the Airport Special District, a suburb of Summerdale in this post.

For the sake of convenience I will be referring the Airport Special District as the District as that's easier to type.

Airport Special District stats:

(Current) Population: 20,094 sims

Major roads passing through: Freeway 1, Toll Freeway 14, Freeway 314, National Highways 45 and 10

Map / Overview:

290vimw.jpg

Yeah, I have to admit that map was badly photoshopped...

On to the Journal!

First let's take a look at one of the island's biggest freeway interchanges, the Airport Interchange between Freeways 1 and 14.

2wqv4zs.jpg

(here is a version of the photo without signs) \/ click here

Spoiler

2na1b4m.jpg

This massive interchange contains 3 levels, 7 ramps, and at its widest point a total of 14 lanes!

It was built to handle incoming traffic headed toward the future airport as well as commuters getting off and on Freeways 1 and 14, both major roads within the Greater Summerdale Area.

Another major attraction within the District is the Gateway Mall! Taking advantage of the District's very low commerce taxes, this large mall draws in a very large crowd from across the entire island. Along with a super regional shopping mall, within the surrounding areas many large chain stores have set up shop within the area such as Target, Home Depot, Ikea, and many more!

Here's a picture of the mall and its surrounding shopping centers.

2mbwx0.jpg

If your wondering why there is a brown box in the middle of the Super Target shopping center, yeah I don't know either. (I have figured out the source of the problem but cannot fix it for some reason.)

Click here for a more close look at some miscellaneous shopping centers. \/

Spoiler

250jv4n.jpg6gy3ux.jpg

315evyf.jpg

Here is a more closer look at the transit center for the Gateway Mall area.

2nsrtps.jpg

I'm going to leave you all with a picture of some of the more residential areas of the city.

4ue2qc.jpg

click this to see more pictures \/

Spoiler

207rucw.jpg2whdyja.jpgskx9ps.jpg

Well that's it for today everyone!

Opinions on the city are GREATLY appreciated.

See you all later!

Sign in to follow this  

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Would you be able to help us catch up after a bit of a shortfall?

We had a small shortfall last month. Your donation today would help us catch up for this month.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections