• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

A look at the Region of Mountain North a SC4 CJ. Mountain Forests with small towns, Farmland and City Centers spread across the Region surrounding the City of River's End.

msVY69v.jpg

Entries in this City Journal

philforhockey51

OVxUNev.jpg

Welcome everyone to Canada Corner and Blue Hill. Two more small tiles in the northeast corner. We'll start off with a quick look at the area in the region and then move through Canada Corner. I could have done so many other things but a lot of these upcoming tiles were some of the first in the region and were quickly laid out so please ignore some of the things like the steep railroad.

02  - Region View (there has been some change in the region since this picture was taken, I'll most likely post an update with the last of these small tile series)

u9XBOGH.jpg

CANADA CORNER

Mayor Logan Howlett

03 - A look at the tile in the beginning 

8vvh3nf.jpg

04 - Final Overview

nEWILxJ.jpg

05 - Some Industry

HZngEYm.jpg

k5lcpft.jpg

JVwE7WY.jpg

08  - Moving in closer

QlnN7XP.jpg

SYkO0dB.jpg

10 - I'm getting tired of these taxis I need to go find a replacement

kwxLfoA.jpg

4PXPY3g.jpg

gXYGmvn.jpg

13  - I also need to figure out how to avoid the darkened/abandoned fields or is there a mod to override that?

knCM3tE.jpg

gF94iBL.jpg

15 - I like the rusting car in the back

UxTpYGN.jpg

eGiyAmt.jpg

ifLB9ld.jpg

yqz73fl.jpg

BLUE HILL

Shifting into Blue Hill - Mayor Dr. Henry McCoy

19 - Starting off

WuML4dJ.jpg

20 - Original Layout

DegzyrM.jpg

21 - Updated Layout

s4bHURy.jpg

5Wcg3Ms.jpg

23 - Same as Opening Pic

OVxUNev.jpg

tVTjFsT.jpg

hBwLIBI.jpg

vjfjX8N.jpg

27 - Freight Train

0XMVN5w.jpg

That wraps it up for this entry, Hope you enjoyed it. Comments and questions are appreciated.

philforhockey51

LyID0aN.jpg

Welcome back to the Northeast corner of Mountain North. We're going to take a look at two more small tiles, Webly Woods and the Wayne Manor. The tiles are east of Green Hill and the road snakes along downhill.

02 - Region Area Pic

u9XBOGH.jpg

WEBLY WOODS

We'll start with Webly Woods simply because I wanted to use the opening pic and it's from that tile. 

Starting off with a WIP series,  the road originally just passed through and so did the railroad but I saw this natural feature in my head so I started working on it.

03 - Starting off

jej0c9p.jpg

DsU1QaD.jpg

ujAn04f.jpg

80pXl4O.jpg

wHahZh0.jpg

lFoGCh7.jpg

q7KYm7V.jpg

mX8XDTD.jpg

5wpWJua.jpg

dWSOnsT.jpg

13 - I'm going to show you the final overview now and then move in closer to some areas

KFRI47V.jpg

14 - rotated

I2V7Dwk.jpg

15 - in region orientation

ShpL3ih.jpg

16 - Sawmill, so I decided to use these Peg lots and the orientation kind of drove the location and where the rail would need to travel, so the area with the floating logs I imagined as a sort of area that was dug down and flooded to be used to move logs in position for the mill

KuFyN61.jpg

4eYLXGA.jpg

18 - no the water mmp would not plop under the bridge ..sad face

6RLsSxJ.jpg

19 - storage area

yQ0NEBN.jpg

20 - Rail bridge near storage

pWImiWO.jpg

OT1P3b9.jpg

Nav8iZl.jpg

23 - The road bridge, I took a lot of pictures for some reason so I'll show you them

cx01TXe.jpg

CylEC7W.jpg

IgqcjB6.jpg

26 - These turned out nice at night too, as the only lights in the area

doURB5M.jpg

YX9OEa2.jpg

28 - night version of pic 10

099ArZd.jpg

WAYNE MANOR

Here we'll take a quick look at the tile with the Wayne Manor

29 - starting off

m1BDuqV.jpg

30 - Final Overview

2smuv5V.jpg

31  - The rail line

Y5HQSe3.jpg

vIOq1fa.jpg

SJG4Dfz.jpg

34 - a little WIP pics

ay3P5c4.jpg

UNRMAe0.jpg

55p8SZe.jpg

3W4CaEx.jpg

sVeiPtj.jpg

39 - day

AU8FHAp.jpg

40 - night

U1czaRH.jpg

zD10uRq.jpg

gSOXDy0.jpg

That wraps up this entry. I hope you enjoyed it and as always comments questions and likes are welcomed and appreciated.

psst... over here, I have some more info about some strange things in the Northeast area of the region from some of the locals. Turns out that crater filled with water we saw in the valley back in Thunder Valley was not always there, you would think an impact crater would have happened millions of years ago, not almost a decade back. The authorities showed up but didn't find anything. One guy told me he was driving near the Wayne Manor and saw what looked like a plane fly off from the back of the mansion. Might explain the odd shape of the lawn, do those round parts look like part of a hidden defense system? Some of the mill workers in Webly Woods said the only interesting thing that happens is that some guy from time to time is seen bouncing around on ropes near the rail bridge, they think he is practicing bungee jumping or something, but why would you need multiple bungee cords and a red and blue bodysuit? 

philforhockey51

R7uH07l.jpg

Welcome to the northern part of the valley seen in the previous entry. This is going to be a small entry showing two small city tiles Cap's Cave and Green Hill. I'll be upfront with it this will be what I think not such a great entry. The two tiles are simple and do not have a very specific point of interest. I decided early on I would show all the tiles in the region and well some may not be all that interesting, but I believe the next one will be much better.

02 - Region View of the North East, you can see the valley from the previous entry

u9XBOGH.jpg

each of the above listed are small city tiles, there are two medium tiles in the middle, a small tile where the highway S turn in the woods is located, and a medium tile from the bridge on the right down.

CAP'S CAVE

03 - starting off

xzOGEQ2.jpg

04 - overview final

c6uh8Ef.jpg

05 - Main Road, opening pic is rotated of this area

OirjB7l.jpg

06 - Small town downtown

b9c6PoD.jpg

NOF9fw5.jpg

08  - the next couple of pictures are of laying out some mmps on a cliff

jNuIGve.jpg

eAttJOj.jpg

XrOaz29.jpg

v4Keop2.jpg

hvwHSKS.jpg

IUkfqZM.jpg

JmDab8B.jpg

15 - Cap's Cave as nicknamed by the town, but no one knows it's real name, as secret military vehicles enter and leave the rumor goes this is where Captain America is hiding.

NYMLwC1.jpg

Here we will transition to Green Hill where we met up with a man by the name of Bruce that was hiking through, his ripped jeans and shirt seemed odd but he seemed like a calm and cool guy.

GREEN HILL

16 - Overview

im0Dt9E.jpg

17 - The Mine railyard

sTzNzx0.jpg

18 - The Mine

LGpLbYE.jpg

sA8OgaK.jpg

FDtuoTo.jpg

eaioehq.jpg

22 - I actually changed the road in front of the station to a cobblestone street but I missed the pic

OY9I8gr.jpg

23 - never mind I found one

EONdqyN.jpg

24 - some residents

tylG2I2.jpg

25 - this is the opposite side of the tile from the railyard

nqRa99B.jpg

Thanks for taking a look. Nothing major but now you know what is happening in this area of the region. The next entry will be Wayne Manor and Webly Woods and in my opinion there will be some better pictures so look out for that one very soon. As always comments questions and likes are welcomed and appreciated.

philforhockey51

alWQmyP.jpg

Welcome back to Mountain North. This entry we will take a quick look at two small tiles in the North East Mountains, both from a drying river valley. Thunder Valley will be up first and we can see a deeper crater in the valley from an unknown source. Possibly a sinkhole but seems to be more of a small impact crater. The area does not have a town and is a nice secluded area.  Sorry don't have a region pic, but you can see part of the valley in the previous entry Jahnee Gap, using the region pic therein you can see this valley up north. 

THUNDER VALLEY

01 - Above - Flying Low

02 - Overview

b8e2J6Y.jpg 

03 - look close for low flying jets

rwqAlY2.jpg

Zj4dK7T.jpg

05 - Radar gets screwy in this valley so random patrols fly through, both practice and recon. Sometimes the coastal air guard take runs in the valley as part of their patrols.

NZSpSA7.jpg

ghOLTst.jpg

gRVg74E.jpg

IRON ALLEY

Here we transition to the portion of the valley in Iron Alley. Home to the the Stark Bridge, a means across the valley for those driving on the county rode that runs down the side of this valley.

08 - Overview

PvecBjo.jpg

09 - yes it took a long time to get that road to slope and curve just right up the side of the mountain, really just wanted to see if I could do it

mi1N1fO.jpg

Q26PXIr.jpg

R0Zl4hm.jpg

xWvCEdi.jpg

There are a couple of points of interest in this small tile. Though not a town it is home to the Stark Bridge named after the family that funded it, the old Stark Mansion, an old vacation home for the technical innovative family, and the Stark Museum displaying some of the first inventions the family created. 

14 -  An older picture of the Stark Museum

5CUdUFd.jpg

15 - A newer pic they have changed the entrance sidewalk a bit

LVW3kQF.jpg

16 - The circle in front of the museum and bridge

zh681Kh.jpg

17 - Notice the slight elevation change in the in game retaining wall

ipzRUHs.jpg

17 - Bridge by Day

Nv7uFpX.jpg

18 - Bridge by Night

HePh52j.jpg

19 - The Stark Mansion

0cZ2cEM.jpg

20 - Mansion Walking Paths

IMpaZkT.jpg

21 - I assume by now you noticed the Jet flying in the valley

An4ot3L.jpg

22 - An even Closer look..just in case

qaEc869.jpg

I hope you enjoyed our quick look at at two small tiles. I will most likely do some more of these as I have 8 or so more of these small tiles in the area. We will eventually get back to the tile shown in the previous region pic named Crossroads Creek, but it has some more developing to go through as it is connected to the major city in the region that is in development.  

philforhockey51

qqcHUcg.jpg

Hello everyone, welcome to Jahnee Gap, this is a height transition town. The city tile to the north is much higher than the one to the south. This is going to be a big entry so get a snack or something to drink.

Location, location, location

Kh9vl2i.jpg

Now Let's take a look at the town in development.

03 - Starting off

48JtLVH.jpg

PRT8IcT.jpg

05 This one best shows the height transitions transit paths

kjceO3R.jpg

06 my little proof that just about all of what you will see is grown.

cryeWSY.jpg

TGTw0o9.jpg

I'm going to go to some older pics and some of the pics I took while trying to get pictures for the Rail Challenge

08 Lake Road

3DBtUEg.jpg

09 The lake and rail tunnels

CWOFM1s.jpg

Qujt2tE.jpg

11 My Rail Challenge entry

wpoZzW5.jpg

fzadNDb.jpg

13 Older Downtown pic

xVU2fU9.jpg

14 Older Park Circle

aGkE36K.jpg

15 Older Residential Pic

3hbR4rq.jpg

KohSIik.jpg

Now we'll move into the newer era in the town with much much more time having passed. I spent a lot of time waiting and watching and waiting until the "right" type of building grew.  The industry you will see took a long long time on it's own but for some reason some small commercial buildings around the downtown circle took a crazy amount of time to finally pop up. 

17 Let's look at the Far view of the residential area

137sNlV.jpg

18 Far view of the Industrial area, this area supports the overall industry throughout the region. The rail you see travels into the neighbor tile to the west, Hero Peaks and it's mine. It is strongly thought that the industry here including Schwartz Chemical works on this mystery product. I'm trying to track down the mayor for an interview but it's not looking good.

qvH6jB8.jpg

19 Let's take a closer look at this industry area

tWN8g2e.jpg

YOubyQc.jpg

b0i2FSQ.jpg

wWbwlma.jpg

23 If we follow the highway north across the rail and this train station, you can see the new construction site that we will take a closer look at later.

R7zodSv.jpg

24  Here is the industry a bit north of the tracks

pYXcpVG.jpg

DwljomQ.jpg

2lGYD97.jpg

27  North of this the highway past the transitions area

I4SqxeW.jpg

Let's now go and take a look at the residential area and downtown

28 Lake Road

zv9l8mr.jpg

29 Lake Road Residential Area

wpR273W.jpg

30 Lake View Church

KgIyc0r.jpg

31 John's Pond

7slssWi.jpg

32 This bridge leads into the next county it is named for Marvel County Bridge where a lot of interesting mayors live. We'll head there in the next entries.

jKnLcgP.jpg

33 Moving south we see the area around the Old Church

TQJpFOS.jpg

34 Just behind the church is High St. and High St Park

I9g6Q2B.jpg

sH5hzDp.jpg

36  Back over by the downtown  is the school, here during Spring

SHADnCK.jpg

37 and Fall

zl1QjWO.jpg

38 Downtown

JwukAT5.jpg

sgvyjli.jpg

AsXPoPo.jpg

3IIVS65.jpg

GOEvjxT.jpg

43  Now the Downtown circle which took decades to grow, pruning quite often

K7DCQah.jpg

WagaiGE.jpg

rXOSMYC.jpg

46 note the historic buildings are a pharmacy and a doctors office, in game medical buildings helping boost the health in the area.

c1BS33l.jpg

47  The hospital is near the highway and also near the new construction site we will be taking a closer look at.

qeBaLgV.jpg

48 The MMP construction site currently undergoing some site work, digging down to get to the depth the foundations will be poured, hope the the slopes are visible to you. 

Note This is an older pic in the sense I reworked the industrial areas into the areas you've seen above.

H5Op4ZU.jpg

ruE24P7.jpg

PPG2UQP.jpg

51 since this is #51 I'm in this pic, in the black shaking hands with the engineer that came to meet me at my construction trailer office. 

jFC3sMA.jpg

Z2fxiAX.jpg

53 Here is the freight rail yard that brings in the materials of industry including that mystery mineral mined in Hero Peaks.

P8anljs.jpg

54  Curves , this is the road that leads into Hero Peaks.

TeW0BFC.jpg

How about some Night Shots?

55 Industry at Night

umvSKi2.jpg

mFCPwaT.jpg

57 Schwartz Chemical at Night

yovcwfs.jpg

58 Residential area at night

xJuL8uo.jpg

TflHltO.jpg

viQzVwd.jpg

61 Downtown

I0OczWp.jpg

Ozv8W9k.jpg

rE9EZfF.jpg

64  and my favorite for last the Marvel County Bridge at night

JCZ2bX8.jpg

That wraps up the pictures but now for an interview with Mayor John Wraith. We couldn't get anything scheduled so we will try to do this on the fly and a little sly. We'll follow his car and try to ask him a question when he stops at city hall. Waiting near the mayor mansion we notice he is coming out but as he is gets into his car he seems to have just disappeared. It looked like he vanished into thin air!? What the hell is going on around here?  

I hope you enjoyed this entry.  Any comments or questions please feel free to ask.

philforhockey51

TWCG1uX.jpg

Welcome to the town of Stepstones. Just east of Twisting Spine it is home to the first part of the east branch of the main river in the region. It was an old town that sat quietly in the valley for years and years but with the development of the region more started to move in and soon a highway was blazed through on it's way to Hero Peaks. 

Here is the region view for orientation

Kh9vl2i.jpg

03 Here is the town in development

3HWGva1.jpg

04 Eventually became this

BdymBtz.jpg

05 Here is a look from the north taken before some final changes

T2FkoOM.jpg

06 Let's go to the north east corner

rp5m9ig.jpg

07 Let's follow that road east ...

8B02Xa6.jpg

08 right past the church...

juM9l1L.jpg

09 ..and cemetery, with funeral in progress.

oqSxjjc.jpg

10 Still on North Road we keep heading east past some stores near the Rockfalls Road intersection.

xKFaqLy.jpg

11 Just east of the intersection is a little residential area with a fun little street layout. You'll also see some Cori houses(pink ones) that I decided to keep around this time in honor of @CorinaMarie having become a moderator. She lives in one of these in her game she once said.

LqD8GUM.jpg

12 Now I know what you want to really see, down by the river, no van though. Like the first picture here is the road bridge crossing the river with some new construction to start soon near it, as you can see they are clearing the site and getting it ready to build on.

K2BX0zV.jpg

13 There is a little industry up by the highway

OvQwAQv.jpg

14 Right at this off ramp a strip mall of sorts was built

toTAm2d.jpg

15 The road passing through is Rockfalls Road and it runs down past the hospital

2k2Qb5W.jpg

16 Up on the ridge you can see the train passing the station

ebOv0On.jpg

17 Following the train we reach the road tunnel that leads to the bridge.

QAf1TG4.jpg

18 The train crosses the river on it's way to the oldest part of town and the old station.

4EB4gG8.jpg

19 The old station across the river

DsmjIHg.jpg

20 In the old part we find some nice homes with some great views imo

hmjTij7.jpg

21 This guy built himself a pier to get some lite rowing in.

3etGqxd.jpg

IsVBLLP.jpg

23  The Chapel

AVqUAWv.jpg

24 By the river

cgDQuAI.jpg

25 Over in the south east corner on the old side of the river there are a couple of piers and docks

Xl5qM98.jpg

26 This is right by the old mill

r6s7g5L.jpg

27 Right across the river from the mill is the soccer field near one of the on ramps

Lqwb8IW.jpg

aYt3A79.jpg

29 If we follow that road east we pass a spot some sunbath near the river but a family of bears is making trouble on the road

fX6rU8m.jpg

30 It eventually leads to some houses spread out around the ponds

7iN7Dnx.jpg

31 Another view of the highway curve over lake, it's an old pic the red house has since been replaced as you can see above

6Vm2X8b.jpg

32  Pier Street on the north side of the river

AF0G7qa.jpg

bN36wH1.jpg

KXl9KsW.jpg

35 If we followed the highway we would see Arrowhead Pond, not only named for it's shape but for the find of many different types of arrow heads indicating varied groups passing through the area.

d7ugNPS.jpg

I hope you enjoyed visiting. I tried to get an interview with the mayor John Proudstar but it seems he got in his Thunderbird and drove off to help some friends and has not gotten back yet.

Thoughts?

philforhockey51

FBtDN21.jpg

Hello Everyone, welcome back, today we are going to take a quick look at the source of the region's wealth, Hero Peaks and more importantly what is located within. There is a very rich vein of a very rare element...sorry we don't know what it is, that has been kept secret. This of course has led to conspiracy theories that range from the alchemists stone to some chemical that produces superhuman powers, but Mayor Lee has vigorously denied these rumors especially the superhuman powers formula.

01 Above you can see one of the "undercover" trains carrying some of the special freight near some of the lower industrial area.

A peak at the Region Pic 02

Kh9vl2i.jpg

03 Not sure where to start so.. here is a train station

RGmvjFW.jpg

04 Where the lower industry section is

IrgFMmE.jpg

0PtZEnZ.jpg

06 Let's take a look around from a little further back

kmkSWhU.jpg

07 You can see the town is small the Truck Stop off the highway takes up most of the space in town

sBpigtM.jpg

08 This is an old city, one of the first I started working on in the Mountain North Region, I tried to keep some of these older cities but touched the up a bit. There was a lot of reworking of slopes using slope mods and in the end the buildings in this picture and the truck stop were the only things not demolished and rebuilt.

XISELHa.jpg

09 The old town circle

25bi47U.jpg

nMJI33B.jpg

11 The High Rail, hard to see but you can see the tunnel coming out of the mountain, the rail then smoothly slopes down and around till it passes near the train station seen above.

2uvUF8g.jpg

12 The town as seen from the mountain

qyh6yMx.jpg

13 Here we can see a train coming into town to get loaded up

JxWDqzC.jpg

14 We can see it pass a passenger train near the hotels, a couple of them in town as some workers come in from other parts to work and there are plenty of truck drivers needing a nice place to spend the night from time to time.

UIYeNUr.jpg

15 A small area that I reworked so much I had to just stop at one point

A512UCA.jpg

16 As the train rolls along it scares some deer

fjRik1Z.jpg

17 Now for a quick sneaky look at the mine

00rSOPa.jpg

18 Since the mining company already had the equipment they went ahead and created an area for a rail yard at the mine entrance for faster loading. Production is not major as far as we know but then again when I was talking to the mayor he stayed quiet but someone in his office said "Stan will never admit to anything as long as he is mayor"

ZSapLku.jpg

EX55mSx.jpg

20 What the area used to look like when starting off the region

lC00fMo.jpg

21 But there was much much reworking in the end

zRy5zMn.jpg

22  The upper industry

PH0LSCZ.jpg

I2h3skr.jpg

24 Here the train rolls into the lower yard to drop off some cars

4Wup9t5.jpg

25 Final Overview

KPIk0Sv.jpg

Thanks for taking a look and as always comments, questions, and likes are always welcomed and appreciated.  Very soon we will take a look at the Stepstones

philforhockey51

xNBJdfX.jpg

Welcome back everyone, it's been awhile since we've had a tour so I hope you enjoyed your break. I've decided to bring us over to another area of the region of Mountain North, an area known as the Six Sister Cities, though they are really just large towns at best.  Our first look will be at Augusta Ridge but the locals call the mountain ridge that juts out of the landscape the Twisting Spine. This is going to be a long entry with 45 pictures full of detail so get out the snacks we have a lot to look at. Here is a region shot to show our location:

tu5yxYY.jpg

Let's take a look at the city tile in development

3m10G6A.jpg

03 and what the older layout looked like

418cwIr.jpg

04 after some work

YxJn70w.jpg

05 How about we start taking a closer look at some of the areas of the town. Here is the Bridge Area:

RrSqNaO.jpg

06 and the transit area leading into it

h0hW4hn.jpg

07 the Old town area

8Po4xtG.jpg

08 The lower river area

Lys8lor.jpg

mwXXtl9.jpg

10 The New town north area

dsgrqvW.jpg

a85Wj20.jpg

KHISItt.jpg

13 There used to be one mayor that quite enjoyed the look of a terracotta roof so his home was built on the cliff

pIgM8mL.jpg

14 but the new mayor wanted something a little different with a better view

RVKQwdZ.jpg

15 I mean what a view right?

7noavmU.jpg

16 Here is the southern circle

GsbQRWe.jpg

17 which crosses over the rail tracks and heads into the hightech industrial area

0RobAJA.jpg

FUQsbfE.jpg

19 This is a fairly busy rail line with rather long trains running on it

2ED3ckz.jpg

20 Which leads to a problem at the station. The train is longer than the station.

XVzfbkx.jpg

Db0A1bE.jpg

^ I think the bear chased the horse onto the tracks but the horse froze at the train at the bear is running away, didn't know there are wild horses in these mountains

22 Here are some shots of a foolish/brave track checker whom decided to go in front of the train as it was pulling out of the station. Think in your head of the Jaws theme baurm baurm baurm ... Run little track checker Run!!

cdQU89P.jpg

XV49n2d.jpg

24 RUN!

1OVhHgq.jpg

25 taking that curve at speed hope he makes it

XIPG7uw.jpg

26 There are two other areas of industry in town. One is the research center on a piece of land west of the highway

tvjeqgZ.jpg

27 and over in the Old town section there is a brewery that has been producing a special brew for decades. It has it's own rail connect to distribute it's brew all over the region.

cQADwQy.jpg

EI1fXew.jpg

29 Here is the old train station and center of town when there were only a few stores. One is a bar serving the local brew which is of course named Twisting Spine. 

CKkvdIH.jpg

30 the circles in the old town mark the first areas of town

p827sva.jpg

31 The west road runs north into a tunnel that runs into the Transit Area shown in picture #06

gwQqDpB.jpg

32 on the other end of the road is the main church in town where the cemetery is on a slope and you can also see the hospital on the hill

Mfwa84i.jpg

33 just below this area is a little sloped area that required a little thought

nNAF1in.jpg

34 so I did this with it

1s5c5kZ.jpg

35 final results a couple of new apartment buildings with what I think is a nice layout with a landscaped slope and stairs

lgIBALT.jpg

36 Just past the brewery as you're driving out to take the scenic road you will cross over an interesting stretch of road with a nice pier/retaining wall layout

K04XP2I.jpg

37 Down below this area on the banks of this side of the river there are some recreational areas and houses

mwXXtl9.jpg

38 Here are the trails under the shadow of the mountain

1vYSic0.jpg

39 Here is a closer look at the boat ramp. ( I used to have the street with the peg dirt or peg gravel SAM but then near the houses it didn't look right. Now the sidewalks don't look right in this area. I wonder if there is a technique for having two different types of SAM streets on the same street, like a starter/blocker piece.

OhPkMGj.jpg

40 and here is the area with some nice houses with boat sheds

hNpzgdj.jpg

41 Here is what the area looks like at night

G8y0h8j.jpg

42 and some of the trailside campsites at night

yBrZGvn.jpg

43 and just a little further down river is a favorite fishing spot

MhcxtOi.jpg

44 Up the river are the bridges and I really like the way these turned out. It took sometime to terraform and then use the rain tool and build the bridge then delete it and terraform some more until I got them to look like this. You can see the rail bridge runs over a drop on the cliff then extends across the river so the bridge looks like it was built to conform to the curves and ridges of the cliffs and the road is at what I remember as the max it can get stretched out without forming another arch under it, typically there are many arches when running that road bridge.

xNBJdfX.jpg

zcDxfD1.jpg

That wraps it up for this entry I hope you enjoyed it and I warned you there were a lot of pictures to look at. Please feel free to comment and ask questions and as always don't forget to hit the rep/like button, it takes a lot of time and effort for people to put these CJ entries together so the likes and comments help to make it worth it to share.

philforhockey51

vTniL26.jpg

Welcome back to Sunnyville! It's been a bit since the last post. Seems I ended up all the way down river and missed the van pick up point and then it got dark and I didn't want to sit on the shore waiting for a bear so I let the river take at it's pace till I saw a more populated area near the river. Ok really I was super busy with Real Life and didn't have the time it takes to make these journal entries, for those that don't know it really takes quite a while. Though a lot of the areas are already created in game some lack touching up and some lack pictures plus the time to convert the image then post to share site then this site etc etc..   ramble  ramble...

Anyway Let's start with a quick look at the District Pic as always

hNNaLEI.jpg

Up top in the opening pic we have the Sunnyville Kayak Club from a different angle than the previous post.

02 - The Boat Sheds closeup, seems there is a visitor in the reeds that flew in

X3IfVyr.jpg

03 - The South Side of the town

NftcEe2.jpg

04 - The Highway Curve and Exit, dangerous? no no can't be? right? no no its fine lol

kb8WA49.jpg

05 - The Highway Tunnel

rssD8H5.jpg

06 - Exiting Speed

JqtlsGB.jpg

07 - Road Tunnel

2RzwLVE.jpg

08 - Corner Industry

D9tFXmM.jpg

09 - The Tunnel is newer than the industry

r0rOpkj.jpg

10 - College Circle

llI6jpz.jpg

11 - Fairview Community Circle 

dDnRjqI.jpg

12 - College Exit

e2Yo0e2.jpg

13 - In the South East Corner of the woods there is a Logging School and normal the road is not a busy one but people like to go for a drive on Sundays

n6S9I8W.jpg

14 - Logging School closeup

k4WQ1Di.jpg

15 & 16 - Someone on this site once asked how to make detailed images, in the next two pictures you will see the before and after of the area of the Logging school. Note that the road was shifted a couple of tiles to the left and some rerouting of the other road curves, a street is now in the two tiles and a SAM PEG Dirt Road starter piece was placed so the base end is next to the lot so it stops flat without a culdesac end. Some MMP changes and now the images details have changed to the better I believe without the streetlight, it's not a busy enough road to merit a light.

Before:

8KZQpzM.jpg

After:

DXNa478.jpg

details

Ok How about we take a drive up the highway to the town in the tile north of Sunnyville  - Northern Pass, which is the northern pass in the mountains that the highway is able to cross.

17 - Zoning and Building and growing some Industry in the corner for the neighbors

hYJC1kN.jpg

18 - Add some Trees

s6OG8Lp.jpg

19 - Full Tile Pre-Growth

A8lCbwL.jpg

20 - Full Tile Post Growth some touches need

n65s6JA.jpg

21 - Final Full Tile View

XHsMffP.jpg

22 - Just the Town

rvsBuxM.jpg

23 - The main road runs from the highway south into town

IAOz39M.jpg

24 - Then travels south into a wooded area

aPT2imZ.jpg

25 - Past the Industry and into Sunnyville

0RENlwZ.jpg

26 - On the other side of the highway is a private school that specializes in the environment so it is located both near some industry it can test as well as a vast natural area including waterfalls to it's east that the students can explore.(area can be seen in district pic)

vrZtRbn.jpg

27 - The residential area

UOxe7PS.jpg

28 - Some folks have found themselves a home in the natural corner under the cliff the highway rides up

DpUMz7k.jpg

No big ending today sorry. For some of the newer people this is a CJ for the whole region that I am building across, some entries will just lack a major attraction like kayak clubs and and marinas, sometimes land is just used to live and work on, and other than cropping in game pics there is no photo editing everything was downloaded plopped or grown. As always Questions Comments and Likes are appreciated. 

Note: I might get a chance to post another entry soon before the 1st but if not it will be a couple of weeks into July as I will be away on vacation

philforhockey51

KThcvs8.jpg

Hello Everyone! Welcome back to the tour. Today we'll be taking a look at the city tile that is home to what is still my favorite natural area I've created, Sunnyville Kayak Club. Running through Sun Valley is the Sun Brick River, Sunnyville is located in the middle of the river. You can see in the below district pic that the valley, probably home to a glacier at some point due to it's shape, has a river that runs through it that starts at an underground source, in the tile just north. The source of this river is actually the giant lake that was created when a dam was built(this will all be seen in a future entry).

District Pic

hNNaLEI.jpg

Let's start as usual with a look at some development

01 - Pre growth

SAs1X1h.jpg

02 - Full City Tile Overview

jPJ6u8I.jpg

03 - The populated area as we zoom in

kclddpS.jpg

04 - Same area as the pre growth where you can now see two circles along the main road

vpaBX8H.jpg

05 - Upstream

Ygx6dNK.jpg

06 - The street down to the river to get to the Kayak Club. Used the RHW slope Mod and slowly and painfully raised lowered sloped bulldozed raise again slope bulldoze...you get it All of it is on a slope including the cut backs and there you have what it takes to get a smooth road up a cliff that steep in that short an amount of tiles/space

h8h19x2.jpg

07 - Following Ridgeview Road south

5GwiYvn.jpg

08 - The intersection

oD4231J.jpg

09 - Ridgeview Road continued

UrZJZqL.jpg

10 - The road leads to the southern circle

3caifG1.jpg

11 - The road to the right leads to the northern circle

UShIhVa.jpg

12 - It is the location of the "Town Center", the road to the left leads down to the Ridgeview Road intersection you saw earlier

N0VWoxf.jpg

13 - Rotated you can see a little more of this area Main Street

QlWVeJD.jpg

14 - Between Main Street and the cliff most of the residents call home.

4WBiBYO.jpg

15 - Moving to the left, south in this case

Qx6dW2R.jpg

16 - Left again to the end

MApn05f.jpg

17 - The Cliff at the north

Anx7I8a.jpg

18 - The Sunnyville Kayak Club

y90YUZu.jpg

KThcvs8.jpg

This brings an end to this entry but we will continue our tour of Sunnyville in the next, I have a "few" more pics including along the highway some industry and the logging school. I might throw in pics of the two small city tiles north of Sunnyville, we'll see what kind of time I have, in the last weeks of a two year building project in RL (Real Life)

About picture 19, probably took close to 3h to complete, though the idea came to me as I was looking at the area as I was working on plopping the mmp river it was planned out. Planned mentally not on paper, knowing the size of the lots I terraformed the area, after all you don't get the rocky cliff face and slight slope in the street just by plopping. Lots placed and then mmps in a specific order for them to be able to placed closely next to each other. As always not editing of my pics other than small bit of cropping the size(you can still see a part of the menu in the bottom left corner lol)

I hope you enjoyed our opening look at this city tile and hope you come back for the next one. As always questions and comments are gladly taken and likes are appreciated.

philforhockey51

gUmGo4A.jpg

Hello Everyone! Welcome back to our tour. Today we'll take a quick peek at Ryanson Lake, a private lake owned by Peter Ryanson who really likes to fish and Hobbiton Hills a technical transition area of the region where nothing is on the same level and we have major transit lines crossing over each other in order to transition from the lower southern city tile of Forest Fields to the in construction northern tile of Ryan's Point, the one with the really big lake in the district pic.

District Pic

hNNaLEI.jpg

We'll start with the lake.

02 - Lake Ryanson Full Tile

IheC6Eh.jpg

03 - The lake is only accessible by plane, here it is coming in for a ?landing?

WRGCRAD.jpg

04 - Some water spray (note I do not edit my pictures other than to crop them, water spray effect from PEG)

E7OPsUs.jpg

oGb8nRf.jpg

06 - Pete's home on the north coast

hTvoAl0.jpg

dYUQkpl.jpg

RaMrFlX.jpg

Now let's take a look at Hobbiton Hills where slope mods made the day, and the BTM is positioned as it is because it was the only way to get it to make the climb with the very restrictive slope mod.

09 - Full tile view prior to growth

uMU8N3E.jpg

10 - Full Tile View

p2uhvD7.jpg

11 - A closer look at the populated area

G1gpTLa.jpg

t95QEND.jpg

kQ40YFV.jpg

FdWB2r7.jpg

3RELqLI.jpg

o9XirIw.jpg

hfd09C1.jpg

IOhOhDT.jpg

b4gb3xD.jpg

lSpKzsG.jpg

Ti24UEv.jpg

dAgxDR8.jpg

2zOTvuY.jpg

IgqXdG6.jpg

YK9aka8.jpg

JXLFwTF.jpg

kdo4cYH.jpg

QWGqsZ3.jpg

AP01mnB.jpg

dZAJSWC.jpg

LguNhiU.jpg

NBGR2lj.jpg

Thank You for taking the tour, sorry I've been kind of busy lately so I kind of saved some time by skipping captions. Hope you enjoyed it, if so please like and as always comments and questions are gladly taken.

philforhockey51

uPn8FUM.jpg

Welcome back to the Western Side of the region. Today's tour will see us at Iron Hills Lake. There is a campground on the southern side of the lake and at the northern tip we will take a look at St. Ryan's Vineyard. The vineyard has been around a long long time and the monks developed a special breed of grape, actually three, that grows extremely well in this rocky northern climate. There are only a few sims in the region that can afford one of the bottles of the various wines the monks produce and age, but I've arranged a tasting for any who might want.

District View for location

hNNaLEI.jpg

02 - Making the lake

p645UVH.jpg

03 - Filled in the lake

ZXVZ4Ne.jpg

04 - Finished Lake

AeW613w.jpg

05 - Full tile Overview

2OKUOSw.jpg

06 - Southern Side of Lake

nazAqc3.jpg

07 - Southern Tip

R0RYWS4.jpg

08 - Camp Beach

5XerOIE.jpg

liOrehP.jpg

10 - Beach Trail

FkHd1sM.jpg

11 - Campground Marina

swwur0i.jpg

12 - Camp Stable

9AZQBZK.jpg

13 - Campground

urb6UDc.jpg

14 - Camp Marina

wyEVM6D.jpg

15 - Boats

eRXvcgR.jpg

16 - Big Cabin

WFEiSQ4.jpg

ccrfOh2.jpg

18 - Lake House

Avtz0AH.jpg

19 - Ryan's Road

glRzx4r.jpg

20 - Watch for Bears

9opnHSK.jpg

20 - Further up Ryan's Road

cSnZSlT.jpg

21 - Some View for these folks

Yegkw3Q.jpg

22 - Western Coast of Lake

FRfH7AV.jpg

23 - St. Ryan's Vineyard

4OR3bq1.jpg

5m9yyOc.jpg

25  - Tower's view

3g9u2X3.jpg

26 - The monks at work

55hQqlO.jpg

27  - Closer look from North

66Zle5M.jpg

1Jf8ggb.jpg

29 - Northern tip of the lake

tm48qMh.jpg

Thank you everyone for taking the tour! I hope you enjoyed it. If anyone enjoyed the wine a little too much please do not drive and call the camp shuttle. I'll be take the tour east from here into Hobbiton Hills, and might throw in a quick look at the lake to the north of here, Lake Ryanson. Thank you again for taking the tour and if you enjoyed it please like and as always comments and questions are gladly taken. 

some late replies

@Dreadnought Thanks, I figured it's a nice station it should have a nice plaza, also needed something to fill the space and it worked out with the number of tiles.

@Urban Constanta Thank you, hope you like this one too

philforhockey51

6bLxmmh.jpg

Welcome back to the tour!  Today we'll be taking a look at a small quiet town that sits at the northwestern shore of the entrance to Sun Bay. Sun's Mouth sits to the west of the Sun Bay Bridge visible in the region district pic below. That was a complicated corner to build with the various bridges and tunnels, it will be shown in a future entry(probably in about 8 entries). 

Sun Bay District Pic

hNNaLEI.jpg

I like the way the transit pic looks, you can see all the mmp water and shores

nxXMKzc.jpg

I am considering taking us back west to Iron Hills Lake and then working east from there looking at unseen tiles.

Now let's take a closer look at Sun's Mouth. A simple transition town that provides a little more residential but also has some small pockets to help the RCI balance. 

02 - Here is the development stage

Xvj90yG.jpg

03 - and the final tile Overview

yOJMNNS.jpg

04 - Let's move in a little closer, we can see the ferry, the sims with boats are over in East Peak at the marina there.

IjUmEQm.jpg

05 - Town Circle as in the Town in a Circle

jangBY5.jpg

06 - Ferry pilots need to be careful with the rocks

KJKwd4y.jpg

07 - Up the road we can see the town in a transition stage as the community grew. The church is still the old one in this pic but you will see the new one that was built later on.

eGJkd2M.jpg

08 - Train Station along Ferry Avenue

7XsMEQg.jpg

09 - Moving west a bit

2WXLxec.jpg

10 - Train Race

SGDsXdJ.jpg

Notice the missing pylon any idea why? It has a tile it once was on. I'd like to repeat this if possible or a "good" thing

11 - The BTM will surpass the SuperChief very quickly, there is no race lol. For those wondering check back to the district transit view above in the CJ, you will notice the purple BTM line. Some of these towns along it have stations but for the sake of trying to make sense of having so many stations along the route; Some stations do not operate at all hours and are shut down to allow for the train to swish past at high speed. Most of the runs are from River's End the major city in the Region in the east over to the Sun Bay Village Area and these smaller towns get passed by. However there are some runs that stop at varied stations along the way.  Th train on the other hand makes all the stops and runs all day and has some night runs.

qgf92mx.jpg

12 - BTM S Curve other end

EmmfYvr.jpg

13 - BTM Station

LaBJLhI.jpg

14 - I just like how this corner worked out, you can see where it is above

Q7U8nX3.jpg

15 - Along the shore

0D7w1zS.jpg

16 - As I said the town built a new church and here it is

AOttCWY.jpg

17 - You can see the new church and a bit of the industrial corner in this one, note the BTM

FXdtkUK.jpg

18 - Statue Corner with a train passing by

gLCRw5F.jpg

Thank you everyone for taking the tour, if you enjoyed it please like and as always comments and questions are gladly taken.

philforhockey51

UGJhOBF.jpg

Welcome to East Peak on Sun Bay!  For today's tour we will start with a better look at the District as requested by kschmidt. Followed by a look at the overview of the tile and then a  closer look at the marina and transit paths crossing through. Ohh and keep your heads up for the bay patrol thanks to Airman15.

Updated District pic

bYeOVj0.jpg

Updated District pic - Transit

nxXMKzc.jpg

Updated District pic - Towns

hNNaLEI.jpg

Hopefully the locations of the last couple of entries are clearer and we can also see some of the upcoming areas we will be touring. Any particular area you have an interest in? Please share in the comments.

Let's start our closer look at East Peak on Sun Bay located where the Owl Bend River meets Sun Bay. There are a couple of farms with some testing out of some smoothing out jagged farm edges, some practice and testing will improve this as I go along, hopefully.

01 - Overview - Full Tile View

pFtEWBz.jpg

02 - Development stage

7LrOBiR.jpg

03 - A closer look

5sF6EPt.jpg

04 - Boats in the bay

9ZT2XgH.jpg

05 - Owl Bend River ends

VUomKSX.jpg

mTaRSMg.jpg

07 - Marina in full

82URJUH.jpg

08 - Marina West End

ru76J14.jpg

09 - Marina middle

lDNPUuy.jpg

10 - Marina East End

lV4KiZs.jpg

11 - Marina East End closer look

3Izr0mJ.jpg

12 - Looking at the town center area in a couple of pictures

ssBf70M.jpg

jlvhvqK.jpg

aIGWdup.jpg

15 - A pic form the north before some "adjustments"

3og7XYq.jpg

16 - Travel Paths

N0BbILU.jpg

17 - Bridges

HKsD2jC.jpg

18 - Down by the bay the patrol is passing by

LN8Oe8H.jpg

pcMgzBy.jpg

720o20P.jpg

sOaHSzz.jpg

Thanks for taking the tour, if you enjoyed it please like and as always comments and questions are gladly taken.

philforhockey51

eLQS2Wl.jpg

Hello Everyone! Welcome back. Today we'll be looking at another pair of small city tiles. Owl Bend and East Bend. (Please look for replies at the end)

Forgive me for not having made a new Region pic, will have one sooner than later. Please note the location of East Peak on Sun Bay, the end of the Owl Bend enters the bay at East Peak. Today we will be looking at the area up stream, Owl Bend and East Bend are located north of East Peak, East Bend being to the east of Owl Bend.

6oy0PDT.jpg

We'll start with the start of the river. It's source is an underground river that is in part fed by the Sun Brick River(a small part can be seen at the top right of region pic) The water bubbles up from a cliff and creates a nice waterfall that some hike to.

01 - East Bend Overview

8PBkZhm.jpg

02 - The Farms that are part of East Peak's industry

9sxE2tE.jpg

03 - The Corner, and some use the road on the left to get to the river.

jdLDLHL.jpg

04 - The farm meets the forest

vpBXfdK.jpg

From here we will start looking a bit further down river and head west into Owl Bend. A lot like to use the area for outdoor sports, hang gliding, mountain biking, and hiking.

05 - Owl Bend Overview

RqiDpoe.jpg

06 - Here you can see the Flying Owls Hang Gliding Club on the ridge.

qVMKYzH.jpg

07 - Campground, part of the one you will see in East Peak

OviIFeV.jpg

08 - Kayaking anyone?

eLQS2Wl.jpg

u0Vxmvg.jpg

SaaAqE5.jpg

fNbgQBF.jpg

12 - A little further down river we can see some folks on the riverside

MWKONXY.jpg

R3N8wwm.jpg

W6NanzF.jpg

15 - Fishing anyone?

vj5rsDf.jpg

16 - The Pearson brothers are back at their favorite spot.

RnbFts9.jpg

17 - The kayakers have made it down the river and under the bike bridge and will be heading to shore before the end of the tile. (or go over the falls in East Peak)

1QbeXtV.jpg

18 - A Mountain Biker is working their way up to the bridge

gs43B4f.jpg

19 - A little more of the trail and another biker

UQtwOKF.jpg

That ends our tour of the upstream area, we'll be taking a look at East Peak on Sun Bay next time, and because I think I mentioned it so many times here's a sneak peek..

lDNPUuy.jpg

Thank You Everyone for joining us! Hope you enjoyed it and as always comments, questions, and likes are gladly taken.

Replies:

@takemethere Thank you very much, I wanted to end a rail line in a little style but had limited space, glad to see it passed the test. Snuck in there is also the first street/rail crossing on a public road, I have one more coming up but that's pretty much going to be it in the region.  I like using the dirt in these more rural areas but I would like to see a version of the RRW that has an asphalt/concrete texture for use in heavy density cities and port regions. Something like one of the IRM filler lots would also help fill it out.

@MissVanleider Thank you, those are in the SFBT Diagonal fillers pack. You can find it here: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1197

@Dreadnought Thank Man, I'd like to make some even smaller streams without needing to load up on the mmps to cover it, little ponds here and there, if you know what I mean

@kschmidt Thank you, glad you like this little corner

@Ln X Thank you, a little confusion on my part, still not sure why the shadows fall that way, some ideas for the farms I'm working on

@egret Thanks and thank you for the tip but I'm more looking for MMPs the pack unfortunately doesn't contain a horse one only a prop, I haven't started to learn how to LOT yet so the search continues (I didn't dig in maybe there is one in the pack if someone knows?) 

@airman15 the wrong alloy will mean learning how to downhill backwards lol

@raynev1 Thanks Buddy, I think I started to get into a flow, still takes sometime to put the entries together but I'm enjoying it.

philforhockey51

CX2FGfp.jpg

Welcome back everyone! We have a small entry ahead but there wasn't much to cover in the first place. Two small city tiles that are sitting next to each other. The hill rolls over the southern edge of both tiles. (Please look for replies at the end)

District Pic shows us the location of the hill

6oy0PDT.jpg

Haidy's Hill city tile is the one to the right and Ol'Vera Rail Fields are to the left (directly below the Haidy's Hill yellow line)

01 - Haidy's Hill Full View in Regional alignment

3IK0877.jpg

02 - The view from the east show the little town

oPJZ3NU.jpg

03 - The small station

S8LMhx1.jpg

04 - Main road through town

Wrjc07U.jpg

05 - Town Hall and Police station(really just a police station)

crPhzO8.jpg

06 - Heading east

DhZHsLW.jpg

07 - When this portion of the road collapsed a new wall needed to be built, in order to get it built quickly the regional government stepped in to assist.

CX2FGfp.jpg

Now a look at the other side of town where the old rail yard is located.

Ol'Vera Rail Fields

08 - Full Tile View in regional alignment

Nvd1et1.jpg

09 - A look at the zones (from the north)

3zBtHpZ.jpg

10 - Full city from the north

2VhPytF.jpg

11 - The connection to the eastern side of town

cdoAFNS.jpg

12 - Radio Station and the town

7CuYwLx.jpg

13 - Full rail complex

A8Sg8Ja.jpg

14 - Better look

Tu6HLc7.jpg

15 - Train Engine Home as my little cousin would say

JaRDhG2.jpg

16 - Old Industrial side, some moved over to Forest Fields where the road at the top of the circle leads, and residential has started to take over, one day the farms might go as well

Lqdo3Hp.jpg

17 - Same area different view

7VaiSru.jpg

18 - Old town square as in the town was built in a square, then expanded out from it.

fNVFvMr.jpg

19 - From the other side

jWNFEAL.jpg

20 - First expansion was downward

ft0Zpnh.jpg

21 - The school

23mj7hg.jpg

22 - Illusion Hill, thanks to some varied items, it's difficult to tell exactly how steep this street leading up to the radio station is. The farms are slope friendly so that won't help tell, then thanks to varied slope mods the street itself has a few different slopes and a ridge in it. Let's just say whomever works at the radio station needs a car with a good transmission and good brakes.

tNLN9C7.jpg

I wish I could find some good horse mmps for these farm fields, I already built the fence.

I hope you all enjoyed the tour, I am thinking of taking the tour for a look around the East Peak area next time. As always questions and comments are gladly taken, likes are too.

Replies:

@raynev1 Thank You, those folks have a pretty good view, rain must be scary though lol

@airman15 Thank you , not easy to build but fun for sure

@Golhbul Thank you, I hope you enjoyed it

@kschmidt Thank You, glad you like it

@takemethere Thank You, yep sometimes with the game you kind of have limited space and kind of have to just imply the idea, it's like shrinking some things, I actually wish there was a smaller version of the ppond mmp, there is a full one the size of a tile and then a "1/4" one but I think it is actually half the size, I would like to work with one smaller than that to create very small streams cutting through a neighborhood.

@Linoa06 Thank You, I think you make pretty stuff too

@kingofsimcity Thank You, It was an experiment for sure, glad you like it, thinking next time I try an island of building style/type I will make a better expanded background, so the industry isn't in the pic

@LanceVance They are various parts of the NBVC Marina, found on the STEX

philforhockey51

KX5IOnt.jpg

Hello Everyone! Welcome back to the Tour. Today we'll be stopping in to take a look at Sun Bay Cliffs. (please look for replies at the end)

A quick peek at the District pic

6oy0PDT.jpg

As you can see Sun Bay Cliffs is a bit of an extension of the more densely populated area centered in Sun Bay Village. It also has a portion on the outskirts if you will that has found farms growing on the plateau. The cliff at it's highest point is "like 40million feet tall, like for sure" as one local resident informed us. A set of "steps" on the cliff has provided some space for some homes and access to a Ferry and a small bay side marina. To the north it rises to a few hilltops(in neighbor tiles)    

(new to the tour? we didn't skip Sun Bay Village it was covered in an earlier entry)

Let's start with a look at the development and full city tile view.

02 - Zones (Opening pic is 01)

DKVBX0i.jpg

03 - Full City

QmtjI0z.jpg

04 - Moving in closer for better look

GJfNGVM.jpg

05 - Farm Area

HS68zHE.jpg

zHTT2PG.jpg

07 - Town Area (little bit of repetition but you'll notice slightly different LOTs so I left them in as a "development")

r5hYz1p.jpg

08 - Main transit paths East

JI5JtFx.jpg

09 - Moving East

mwHlkLA.jpg

10 - A little farm town that existed before the main city section today.

Kxpv71U.jpg

11 - I tried getting a pic with a train on this rail but I just couldn't seem to get the timing right

Qax3tUV.jpg

12 - The retention pond, very "green" with a lack of movement in the water, I intentionally left out an pipe outlet into the pond because those lots are a little oversized for this pond.

dpYDA7M.jpg

13 - Raising a Barn

vUoQ0NI.jpg

14 - The back farms

SWDR0po.jpg

15 - Transitioning into the town

WdxHhJr.jpg

16 - Underpass

rUqImsk.jpg

17 - From the other side (do you see the Bullet Train?)

K11MZR6.jpg

18 - Curves by Day

JSd9Vh7.jpg

19 - Curves by Night

lwMbyk7.jpg

20 - Where the Industry is

WZfPauI.jpg

21 - Where the access to the marina is

qSH9xvK.jpg

22 - Gotta move that freight, had issue with filling in the spaces and getting road and rail access and it doesn't look great by it's ok

lCn67Bn.jpg

23 - BTM on the Curve

4LFrrrg.jpg

24 - Sun Bay Cliff's City Center Circle

tX89hWj.jpg

25 - The City Planning Board members changed so much over the years that many different building styles were approved and the town has developed a very interesting yet strange look.

ySabtBU.jpg

26 - Here is the circle at the end of the avenue as it heads toward the farms

rD7yJyF.jpg

27 - Some good fishing near the cliff, the Ferry is heading over from Sun Bay Village

uwHp7Mw.jpg

28 - A better look at the Watchers on the Wall (I wonder how many of you have picked up on my Feature title references to _____ ) someone fill in the blank please.

oXzRGSt.jpg

T3xE11z.jpg

30 - Marina Road

VtvsgW3.jpg

31 - Marina road continued

AlnR5A9.jpg

32 - The full marina and the transit paths East

EXK3aDI.jpg

Finished Strong? I hope you folks enjoyed the tour, this isn't one of the most beautiful towns in the region but it is an important part in helping the region to function. If you notice there are plenty of jobs and not many that live here, they commute. Though it may seem like it most of the plateau is flat it actually has areas at slightly varied heights, smoothed most of the roads and streets with slope mods. As always Comments and Questions are gladly taken, and I really do appreciate Likes. 

Replies:

@kschmidt Thanks, it is such a small space and the ground is not even so not much space for helicopter base, I have a Coast Guard complex with sea and air in another city tile, we will see in a future entry.

@MissVanleider Thank you, I thought you might like it when I started to put it together, I really like lighthouses too, glad to see you did

@Dreadnought Thanks Man, I just keep trying, I try to work "with" the rock mod I have, I use the smallest setting and slowly raise or flatten parts of it until it looks "different". On this big cliff it was harder to do it, it still looks a bit repetitive in some areas but I did what I could with what I wanted to make.

@takemethere Thank You for noticing the work I put into that animation, I have a couple of ideas for some more and now that I kinda know how to I hope to improve. I found some time this week to put this one together and I have a good feeling about getting some more time next week.

@wournos Thank You, Glad we got that figured out, yeah sometimes it takes a bit to load. 

@Urban Constanta Thank you

philforhockey51

vYci2Tq.jpg

Welcome everyone to The Lion's Lighthouse!  (please look for replies at the end)

Today we'll take a look at the small sliver of land ,on a small city tile, that sits between The Lion's Inlet and Sun Bay Village. It is the end of the peninsula so it has a lighthouse for maritime safety. A ferry also docks here as it is the other side of the Sun Bay's ray that is part of Sun Bay Village and it connects the ferry in The Lion's Inlet with the rest of the region. Sims can take a short trip up the road from the ferry past one of the two residents of this small area that is considered part of Sun Bay Village's Old Town Ward. So taxes go to Sun Bay Village as they fund the Lighthouse and ferry. 

A look at an updated Sun Bay District pic 02

6oy0PDT.jpg

In the region pic above you can see the location of The Lion's Lighthouse. I am also working on the plans for a couple of future tows we will be looking at in upcoming entries. The intent is to go onto Sun Bay Cliffs, a quick peak at Haidy's Hill and then we'll probably move east a bit into East Peak on Sun Bay. I have a lot going on right now in RL so the weekly pace might slow or I might just have a couple of smaller entries with less pics. We'll see what happens.

We'll start by taking a ride out to the lighthouse. Those that wish can bike over and store their bikes at the rest area near the viewing platform. Please see opening pic number 01 above district pic.

03 - Full City Tile View

WFS7PR8.jpg

04 - The roundabout area where some residents and utilities are located. In this pic we can also see the large home of the family Reed.

9aySzX0.jpg 

05 - The Reed's have a great view of the bay.

p082pN7.jpg

06 - Early Morning on the day of the race, some start to arrive for a view of the boats as they sail by.

MTjjKi5.jpg

07 - To show ferry location

i0wPVtB.jpg

08 - Some boats and more people have arrived to find a place to watch today's race in the Sun Bay Regatta

9H12nqq.jpg

09 - Closer look, yes the path around the lighthouse is mmps

oiQBz5G.jpg

10 - Here they come! The starting point was in The Lion's Inlet (to the right of pic at this angle)

asYzqqA.jpg

11 - Whose your favorite to win today? Light Blue, Green, Red, or Dark Blue?

kQBojkZ.jpg

12 - Race in Motion, my first animated gif ever so please forgive roughness 

XFywsLi.gif

13 - A night shot, why not (yes I was lazy and left the boats in)

6efNEBp.jpg

14 - A better one (hey I didn't make the lighthouse the light might not be in the right spot but ehh)

81cRbV6.jpg

Thank You for taking the tour with us, hope you enjoyed it. It is such a small bit of land I wasn't sure what to really do with it. The only things that were a constant was that I needed to add the ferry for functionality and a lighthouse. Everything else kind of evolved and since this entry would have so few pictures I figured I had to throw in a little something, so I learned how to make an animated gif and I hope that even though the quality isn't the greatest, you folks enjoy the concept.  Yes the night pics are a bit filler but why not.

As always comments and questions are gladly taken, likes are too. I hope to see you when we resume our tour in Sun Bay Cliffs. As I said earlier this is a rough time in RL so it might be split up into a couple of smaller entries.

Replies:  

@airman15 Thanks lol Some poor drivers out on the roads, but at least the bridge is new.

@takemethere Thanks man, By which mod do you mean the water or the marina pieces? I think you mean Marina and those are all NBVC marina pieces.

@Urban Constanta Thank you

@raynev1 Thanks buddy, I wonder if anyone else can see the Lion's head in that pic, takes a little imagination but I think I did an ok job of sneaking it into what I agree with you to be fairly realistic.  Also thank you for having my back.

@Dreadnought Thanks man, Yep all NBVC. I had to do something back there but wasn't sure what at first, glad it came out well.   Yeah I'm new to the CJ section and this is my first CJ so I'm not sure how it all works but it'd be cool to make Ben's List. I've started to get a lot more views and I noticed that's from the little changes, I think, like putting an opening pic first so there is a preview pic in the banner and featuring a pic from the CJ. I tend not to comment on my CJ so I can better track how many comments I get but sometimes I'll go back and comment to reply to someone that has commented after the replies were posted. Not sure if that gets counted like your saying. yes I've noticed the "direction" 

And you or anyone can write as much as they want I don't mind and in fact would rather see it.

@kschmidt Thanks, yeah it takes a while to get the terraforming to where it is and that took and teaches me patience.

@MissVanleider Thank you Again, I thought so and am glad you do too, better than this lighthosue imo

@mgmyguy Thanks, sorry don't remember but I came across a couple of different LOTs for it on SC4D recently

@Linoa06 Thank You for the very nice compliment!

@CT14 Thanks, No they are Paeng's Park trails/paths. Thank You for noticing, its not easy to keep things form looking out of place. To be honest I would rather not have Bond in town for the sake of something getting blown up but if The Most Interesting Man in the World wants to stop in he's welcome. lol

@ThuanLy Thanks you

@Hikapunk Thanks, hope you enjoy the other towns in the CJ too.

@sejr99999 Thank You for the nice compliment, just some time and patience and it'll pass faster than you think

@gatakos Thank you very much!

philforhockey51

Ap3DwIs.jpg

Hello and Welcome to the second part of our tour of The Lion's Inlet. We'll continue our tour with some more day pics followed by some night pics. If you're just joining our tour please check out the previous entry 07 for development pics and region location. (please look for replies at the end)

1 - In the opening pic above we can see the other end of the tunnel.

2 - Below we can see it from a different angle.

EgVugWw.jpg

3 - Statue Cliff from a different angle

QGv7EGY.jpg

04 - The Lighthouse

ocePhd5.jpg

05 - Ferry Park

8g0BoUL.jpg

06 - Statue Pier at Ferry Park

wCz9O0F.jpg

07 - Boat docks for an evening at the bay side cafe.

mXF10uC.jpg

08 - The Bayside Cafe is a great place for dinner and plenty from around the bay sail in for a night out. We'll stop back in later.

bbj0P6i.jpg

First let's jump across the river for a look around the other side of town.

09 - Crossing the Bridge

geABTGU.jpg

10 - Old town center

9jLz2l1.jpg

11 - A closer look (these school buses are out of control one just smashed through someone's car)

n49AarG.jpg

12 - Change the angle

HnJMyCx.jpg

13 - If you take the road at the top you will be driving into The Lion's Woods, if you take the one to the right it drives past some residential and industry on it's way to Sun Bay Village

PAIJaAW.jpg

14 - The other side of town

lO4pu2s.jpg

15 - The Mansion

XVmU979.jpg

16 - A closer look at the Mansion

zwKQAw9.jpg

17 - Change the angle

eKjC53a.jpg

Time to start the Night

DpxZ4Us.jpg

Nm5gCRo.jpg

FkHY5Yu.jpg

1OcCSgh.jpg

OtH17D3.jpg

ua5jqus.jpg

BaPJwB7.jpg

y8iEwAd.jpg

FWlZZcp.jpg

ww1MA8t.jpg

3zrtbG6.jpg

2G6Rcjj.jpg

30 I'm going to have to change that light bulb

KvfsB1E.jpg

eMNB2j1.jpg

0D4psta.jpg

XvaP99y.jpg

4kJnzXf.jpg

475do4b.jpg

FmnHm3n.jpg

I6WUDpL.jpg

XLUFsAQ.jpg

That wraps it up...for now, I have an idea for a future entry that will involve multiple towns. 

I know it's probably not on the level of the previous entry but I hope you enjoyed it. I think we'll be moving east of Sun Bay Village in the region for the next entry.

We had many more views last time and less comments. o.O    Anyway As Always Comments and Questions are gladly taken. Likes are gladly taken too ;)

Replies: (missed some folks this time)

@Dreadnought  Thanks Man, though I've never been there I guess that's what this looks like. Mountain meets water with a forest on top lol.

@kschmidt Thank you, I'm sure there are plenty of balls down there. No one is going over the fence for them haha

@raynev1  Thank you buddy, Yep Doc's tunnel portals are great, wish I knew how to make new ones. That utility lot is really helpful, it can be tucked in a corner and you're set.

@takemethere Ok if you're gonna start questioning me.... jk Thanks man actually there will be some moments that are just eye candy type areas, but in this case there are 18 people that use it, see below. The pic doesn't show the pedestrians that walk from the ferry. My assumption being that it was built for and used by those needing some help like the Elderly, Disabled, and GroceryBound . 

GfmaHcW.jpg

philforhockey51

ranEkJO.jpg

Welcome One Welcome All!  Hello everyone, seems we had a big bump in views last entry so welcome newcomers to the tour. (Please look for replies at the end)

We started our tour in The Lion's Woods, and then went north to The Lion's Perch before we shifted to the East. We saw the River Leon, known to the locals as the Lion's Claw, and now we will see where it meets Sun Bay. (The Lion's Inlet is the unlabeled city tile in the bottom left corner)

lrapKeb.jpg

We'll start as usual with the full tile view and some development pics. Please let me know if you folks are interested in development pics, I could always leave them out but I thought some would be interested in the development stages and it's sometimes easier to see the elevations when not tree covered.

2 (The opening pic is 1, district pic has no number) Full Tile View - Finished

gpA27Hg.jpg

3 - Starting Point

3tj15ar.jpg

4 - further along

yIFCO9p.jpg

5 - Inlet Area Zoning

Ggkjzk3.jpg

6 - Univ. Bridge Zones

3WshH6S.jpg

7 - Cross River Zones

AIjkP1f.jpg

8 - University Bridge

FRtC6fB.jpg

9 - Statue Cliffs

rcIm4DW.jpg

10 - Inlet end Industry, Homes on the Hill

tKvVDox.jpg

11 - Main Road through Town

ayGqaYJ.jpg

12 - Downtown

Cu03RZi.jpg

13 - Westfield School

KMd5Bzp.jpg

14 - Farm Corner

H18rB8t.jpg

15 - Farmer Bob's Sheep

Qo6AVGL.jpg

16 - Church Street (yeah some of the names are quite blatant, but in my head they reference somewhere, something, or someone else)

5G2jc72.jpg

Zooming out a bit, we'll take a look at the inland area

17 - Church and Farms

WDXEw2t.jpg

18 - Moving South(to the left in this case)

G9KPas7.jpg

19 - Coast

7MlwA45.jpg

20 - Inlet and Downtown

JfgLQSK.jpg

21 - Round and Round we go

DYnmD4T.jpg

22 - What do I call this?

ZvUqRW5.jpg

23 - Funicular at Station

AYUG8kS.jpg

24 - Funicular going down the hill

LwSSydJ.jpg

25 - Ferry Park

NJy3bwR.jpg

26 - Going Out for a Sail

744zxvJ.jpg

Let's head over to see the area around the University. Education was always an important thing to 'The Lion of the Sea" (my grandfather's nickname the townsfolk gave him, meaning his hometown in Portugal, it speaks to how good a fisherman he was.)

27 - Univ. Area (the school is an off site campus for a larger university, guess what it's focus of studies is.)

c3TgFCd.jpg

28 - Across Univ Bridge

ccM2Ecq.jpg

29 - A closer look at the bridge(note the tunnel)

OUOesLj.jpg

30 - Different Angle

jnAw0CS.jpg

31 - Sports Fields

iYgDnxC.jpg

32 - That Tunnel Again (love that thing, any BATters out there want to make more overhanging tunnel entrances, they WILL be used) yes MMPs to blend

w16r8lK.jpg

33 - The Lion's Claw

3gHJMfB.jpg

34 - River Ends and Bay Begins

CWj90wB.jpg

35 - Across the river there is both some high end housing and industry in the corner.

3DukXSp.jpg

A couple more to go, more water to come

36 - Industry Corner

Jv6baLr.jpg

37 - Heading Out to the Bay

qF2NOqT.jpg

38 - Some Fishing some Sunbathing

b3rOSp2.jpg

39 - Sunbathers (if you can see them, two of the three lost there towel in the MMP wars)

7SOgHLV.jpg

40 - Full Tile View (in Regional alignment, North at the top)

Je1ycu9.jpg

Ok another long entry and I actually decided to cut it off at 40 so the next entry will have a couple more pics of The Lion's Inlet including some Night Shots. We'll also take a quick peak at the lighthouse on the small city tile to the east of this one.

I hope you enjoyed the tour. Any questions or comments are gladly taken. If anyone would like to see a pic of a specific area feel free to request I'll throw it into the next entry, don't forget to mention zoom level.

Replies:

@MissVanleider Yes! First again, you win a duck :ducky:    Thank you for the comments. My focus is working with the elevations and the nature so I really appreciate that compliment.

@raynev1 :D That's cool thank you. Really good question, I have tricks and I will gladly share. Let's start with what's in my imagination and then what is actually going on with the power situation. There is a city tile in the eastern part if the region near the main city that has the largest nuclear power plant lot I could find (SFBT if I remember correctly) that powers most of the region. There are tiles around it with power lines as you will hopefully see in a future entry. One power line runs to a sub station that carries under ground and then it runs under the Bullet Train Track. I think we should move more of our power lines underground in the USA as they are in Europe. So where the Bullet Train goes the power goes. In the actual game to make things work I like to use what I think is the most useful utility, a water tower that produces power, cleans the air pollution, and water pollution in a 1x1 lot you can see it in picture #15.(I'll throw a link in the comments section. I don't mind the way it looks in both farm areas and industrial areas as some sort of "modern" water tower. Pretty much most of these smaller town tiles have one or two on them. In some I also use a lot that is a metal shed that does not require road access, it's a Nexis item. You can see it in picture #35 it is the shed on the left side of the industrial yard 3 are plopped together. For the gaps between zones I use a couple of different "park" lots, usually a PEG item I picked up with a texturebaseless 1x1 lot with a couple of rock props on it.

@feyss Thank You, I promise there will be more waterfalls and bridges in the future

@kschmidt Thanks, not easy to work with elevations but it was fun and sometimes you just have to use the roads that fit. 

@Dreadnought Thanks man, yeah it took a long time to lay down all those MMPs but I couldn't find the right beach mod so I decided to plop my own. You can only build where you can get to, thanks for noticing. The way you lay down mmps underwater in your coasts tells me you'll also do a good job when you head inland, all about hiding the hard lines and transitions. I think

@kelistmac Thank you, sometimes I like to build places I wish I could drive in and that view from that bridge would be cool. We don't live on a flat earth so I decided I wouldn't build on one :] :lol: , thank you for noticing.

@kingofsimcity I appreciate that coming form someone who does great work themselves. I'm sure that tower sold like hot cakes, and I'm really happy with the way it worked out for that building, something just told me to dig it into the hillside and I like how the lines of the crosswalks work their way into the columns, I love his work I always try to find homes for them.

@takemethere Thank You, sometimes when I'm building I try to imagine ground view and that was definitely one of those times, glad you can see it too. I wish for a ride on a bullet train one day so once I saw the mod I knew it was going in.

philforhockey51

GaPwMhk.jpg

Welcome Everyone to Sun Bay Village. For those that enjoy a long entry ... we've got one for you today. (Please look for replies at the end.)

Let's take a quick look at the Sun Bay District view. (Check out entry 01 for the full region view)

lrapKeb.jpg

Sun Bay has a couple of rivers and inlets along it's rocky coast. Some parts have developed though in difficult areas to build in. Though some looked into building a small seaport, once the studies were done and the local population pushed against it, all plans were canceled. One of the outcomes of the data in the studies found that there was enough depth for a Ferry stop. Once the Regional Bullet Train was constructed through the village, on it's extensive region wide track, a stop helped the areas beauty to be found and more and more wanted to move in. The speed of the Bullet Train between Sun Bay Village and the city of River's End, on the Eastern side of the Region of Mountain North, allows for some to live in the village and work in the city.  A couple of towers were built with some of the best views of Sun Bay. 

Let's start with development and full city tile views.

D8JQZkJ.jpg

1wUpuoW.jpg

C0lQfzG.jpg

zJv42pm.jpg

ufjP72a.jpg

kmQ6fdC.jpg

B4DBGmf.jpg

27BLtdS.jpg

UmemR1F.jpg

ACgKLPA.jpg

SBwwBID.jpg

UcI7wZY.jpg

ceg9yfy.jpg

PCGf0ml.jpg

OTmKwpk.jpg

miTkF5g.jpg

7WaeFVW.jpg

HrDfwXw.jpg

VFCr5uR.jpg

mlWCZv8.jpg

JmzqGnk.jpg

sQaN0f7.jpg

4Ad8E4b.jpg

THPpWjk.jpg

gkQ8o69.jpg

5nLWN5m.jpg

UbL1mwg.jpg

AZw9SWI.jpg

x8NQ4UP.jpg

oyvKmSW.jpg

sL3gQvm.jpg

Jl1KS0E.jpg

llcB5We.jpg

pAeHQ10.jpg

5q6kz3Q.jpg

oDkDaBU.jpg

I hope you enjoyed it, I enjoyed making it. I figured with so many pictures I would skip captions or explanation. If you folks think I should add some more written info let me know, I was also thinking of starting to add numbers to the pictures if you guys think I should. I was going to do it this time but.. I think I'll save it for next time.

Replies:

@MissVanleider Thanks I only think a grid looks right in a dense city, there will be more anti grid coming up too

@kschmidt Thank You, You got it, the town is in mid development. The Avenue running west into The Lion's Woods is newish, and the Regional Government is paying for a region wide Bullet Train Network, its kind of passing through but a stop developed. The first stop in the area was here in Sun Bay Village. 

@Dreadnought Thank you :thumb:   The region in full is partially planned out. The geography started with the basic idea of Northern elevation Mountain on the water, bays with river running into them, I picked the areas based on the tile size that would be "developed" and created the "nature" and then planned out towns kind of evolving as I went. I pretty much lay it all out making sure there is enough "civil" coverage, school, police, fire etc.  Then I hit play and just watch. Varied speeds and plenty of pausing to allow for making things historic to keep them around and add some things to close out lots, like IRM fillers.  Some more MMP and there you go.  I'm using the good ole Maxis terrain, when it is at a higher elevation it starts to change to the splotchey look, part of the reason I wanted to build high elevation areas. For trees I'm using the Columbus Terrain mod tree controller with the CPT trees(I think that's what its called sorry) for the main tree brush button and in mayor mod I have the CPT trees models to plop. So it's a mix of me putting in mmp usually along edges, and the tree controller for larger swaths. The feathery brush near the tracks is a mix of mmps, Girafe Bushes and Tall grass and ppond mmp flowers.  As you can see by my coasts on this entry, a lot of mmp work.

@raynev1 Thank you buddy, there's a little one in this entry too, peg cemetery stuff and peg scenic drive for the drive aisles. Not sure where to find it maybe here on STEX but check with catty_cb thread for the list.

@feyss Thank you, and welcome to the tour

@takemethere Thanks man, I kinda had to squeeze in that 180 into the station but otherwise I think I kept it smooth. While I was in the planning stages of the region I started to play around with mods for the region and kinda realized I would need to use the maxis highway for space reasons and well I like the look of the grey kinda reminds me of the concrete ones there used to be in the northeast corner of PA. I kind of wish they would revisit the maxis highway with some more interchanges and exits a little cleaner looking as well. I'm also assuming by the time I start a new region I plan on using the RHW in, it will be even better.

@kingofsimcity Thanks glad you like it I spent some good time on it.

@Belfastsocrates Thank You and welcome to the tour

@kelistmac Thanks, if you want to see the rest of the region in development check out the first entry of my CJ, I also eventually will have a new entry showing more of the region.   

philforhockey51

H0saMzs.jpg

Forest Fields Freight Yards just to start.

Welcome everyone! Today we'll be taking a closer look at Forest Fields. It's going to be a full day tour so I hope your ready. I hope to cover just about all of it so this will be a big entry. (Please look for replies at the end.)

Ok to start off let's catch up with where we are in the Region. As you can see we have been touring the Sun Bay District and it's communities. Situated in the South Western corner of the region. We have already taken a look at The Lion's Woods and The Lion's Perch. We'll take a look at Forest Fields and then move our way south into Sun Bay Village.

lrapKeb.jpg

-Forest Fields Development-

A quick look at starting point and development.

YIwos7j.jpg?1

Txo2q5L.jpg

DePej4o.jpg

7EjpjNS.jpg

Here Is the Final Full Tile View:

TAikc2p.jpg

Want to take a closer look?

flViffk.jpg

l0mL9az.jpg

bcn8jnb.jpg

qjO4tt4.jpg

UA1yTmd.jpg

cqSa5OX.jpg

YmXud8j.jpg

7UviLVf.jpg

mG5BcNZ.jpg

RcuNvyE.jpg

Note: The taller building in the above picture was eliminated, took up too many jobs.

CEs1gK9.jpg

RQQk7sx.jpg

lVKdfVS.jpg

VVcLtzL.jpg

qNqJFRg.jpg

XpqVO0r.jpg

augDRRj.jpg

A8lewQZ.jpg

1gnjvXE.jpg

0BPa7OX.jpg

AptBRpe.jpg

YFEsDre.jpg

Let's zoom out a bit for some broader views.

h5t6QK4.jpg

K3ec6KB.jpg

mYYAI5y.jpg

K41bDyS.jpg

g653cbE.jpg

vYw1mzB.jpg

ehcZjxD.jpg

EC6f2wW.jpg

RMh8JsG.jpg

p8COelH.jpg

TgGzMvd.jpg

We made it through, I hope you enjoyed it. Any comments or questions are gladly taken. Hope to see you next time when we head into Sun Bay Village where we will get a chance to to spend some time down by the bay, Windsurfing anyone?

Replies:

@Dreadnought Thanks man, I had the idea and had all the pictures ready then noticed some people were posting nightime CJs around the same time, hope they don't thik anything of it, I've had most of these pics for months.

@raynev1 Thanks buddy, Yeah it kinda throws things but there are so many good buildings with great night lighting I still have to switch over every once in awhile.The Goober Gen just popped up one day and in just the right spot I think

@MissVanleider Thank you glad you like them. Thank you for commenting. Yeah it's always the parking lots causing trouble, shakes head at the parking lots  :noway:

@kschmidt Thanks, I don't make them I Just plop them, but then again it is SC4 and everything is a little compacted or we'd never fit anything

@takemethere Hey man Thanks for the compliment. As I mentioned in a pm, I use the Mandelsoft's LRMv5 USA Set, with the dark nite cones, but doesn't always work that well. We need someone to come up with a new set.

@kelistmac Thank You, hope you liked it during the day too.

philforhockey51

kdxKw0u.jpg

Hello Everyone! 

I hope you were able to get some rest. Tonight we'll meet up for some dinner and head over to the State Fair for some entertainment. Pigs and Ferris Wheels and maybe a pig on the Ferris Wheel...you never know around these parts.  (Please look for replies at the end and sorry but some of the lighting is out of whack)

If we head East from the train station we will walk through the downtown section.

7rWK877.jpg

A little further east and we can see the hotel just past the Bullet Train Rail Line.

DwAV5am.jpg

If we go to the west from the train station we'll be heading into the area of town called the west village. It's one of the residential arms of the town.

ftVE1kA.jpg

xZdjjcL.jpg

Vm1G2ih.jpg

D7XoM2C.jpg

For those that want to head to the State Fair we'll be driving this little area of the town.

06Omf1A.jpg

The road at the bottom right of the above picture can be followed to the fair, it drives right past it.

6Oey0Nm.jpg

Here's a larger view of the area.

12m28nm.jpg

If you're wondering what is helping support the denser population areas, well there is some advanced industry in some corners of the town.

RyEfz2X.jpg

Forest Fields is one of the towns on the western end of the Bullet Train Line that runs all the way to the main city of River's End situated on the eastern side of the region. The region is quite wealthy and the Bullet Train was paid for by the regional government. The wealth is due to some mines in the region that produce a very rare but very versatile metal. The PM of the region has worked toward development of the region with keeping  the natural feeling of it in place. The Bullet Train is currently operated by MGB Associates and they have started the Overnight Express, a direct high speed run from River's End to Sun Bay Village. It then continues north through Forest Fields onward to the end of the line where it reverses for it's final run of the night a full speed direct non stop ride back to River's End. This last run has turned into quite the hot ticket as it is the only chance to ride the train at high speed for the full length of it's track.

Here we can see it on it's north bound route. Past the other residential arm of the town.

5IfmxBM.jpg

For anyone that would like to go ahead to spend the night in the next town in our tour Sun Bay Village you can use your region pass to take the night train into town.

ELlhJnj.jpg

Okwqvr8.jpg

o4caNWC.jpg

pVmkHKN.jpg

P867Fpy.jpg

Thank You everyone for coming to hangout tonight. Looking forward to seeing you in the next entry 05 - Forest Fields by Day where we will take a deeper look at Forest Fields and it's development. Look for the Full Tile View of the town in the next entry, something I will do for each of the tiles we will look at.

Replies:

@kschmidt Thank You, I hope I was able to better explain about the Bullet Train reference.

@Dreadnought Thanks, I love the Super Chief, my operable model train as a kid was ..what else.. the Super Chief!

@DavidDHetzel Thank You, I dragged it.. you can create a 90 bend in a 3x3 space by starting to head at an angle then turning it, I created one 90 and then continued and made another, the bend on the right is a wide radius curve dtr piece.

@raynev1 Hey Bud, yep decided to finally start it up, I've been working on it for a year but finally got to the point I was comfortable enough to make a CJ and show it to people, that and I figured it'd be a shame if I was the only one that had ever seen it. Thank You for comments. (So that's why those orchards are dark, kinda forgot about that)

@takemethere Very glad you like it Thank You , hope you like Bullet Trains too

@Ln X Thank You, I kinda went with some older mods for the region, PEG Rock Mod and Columbus Tree, I used SHK's Brigantine that's newer but it looks good and works so well with PPond MMps, I also stuck to the Maxis Sidewalks for the region.

@Schulmanator Thank you I'll try.   This CJ has been schulmanated! That's a big meow!

@GoKingsGo Well I guess that would have been a nice compliment I would have said Thank you to but.. I Still say Let's Go Devils! lol  I still haven't forgotten 2012, the Devils haven't done much since then, it hurts lol  

Thank You everyone

~Phil

philforhockey51

msVY69v.jpg

All Aboard! Welcome and Welcome Back! Thank you for all the comments and compliments, please look for replies at the end.

We have a busy day ahead of us hope your up for it. We're gonna start our morning in one of Bed and Breakfasts up on The Lion's Perch. Nothing like coffee with a view. Feel free to take a walk around and take in the view from the perches or the tower for a clear line of sight. We will be just north and up stream from the town of The Lion's Woods and the entire Valley is visible from up here.(check first entry for Region View)

For the adventurous, the main attraction other than the view at the Lion's perch is the Hang Gliders Club. Brave souls can take flight and with the right updrafts from the valley can stay aloft for quite sometime. Brothers Ryan and John run the club and have a knowledgeable and friendly staff that is more than willing to give a helping hand and with plenty of instructors everyone is welcome to take a lesson and flight.

Please Note: If you choose to fly please meet us down at The Lion's Woods train Station for the early afternoon train ride at 26 o'clock.(this is not earth it just looks like it) If you're not flying today the shuttle will bring you down the mountain and into town.  See you at the station don't forget to bring your pass.

6aEmGVb.jpg

NDXdvSE.jpg

EEoTINK.jpg

xPQ6jru.jpg

AwHp6JW.jpg

GGf0GJz.jpg

I actually redid some of the MMP work on the shoreline after the last picture some visible in the first pictures.

Hope everyone had fun, get your rail pass out time to take the train over into Forest Fields situated to the East of The Lion's Woods and North of Sun Bay Village.(a non yet seen city, unless you've seen the before and after building concepts thread ;))

s9Dm1E6.jpg

FzpDtOX.jpg

jtcUi1V.jpg

ldlrwPb.jpg

SOScLAG.jpg

(for those trying to track where we are in the region you might care about this detail: the train is actually running out of town and into The Lion's Woods)

Here are a couple more pics of the train on the tracks in Forest Fields, think of it as a preview for the next entry.

9IniY0w.jpg

VEenena.jpg

Welcome to town, there is a hotel by the Bullet Train Station to the East of the Train Station and plenty of places to find some food. We'll be in town for a few days so feel free to sleep in tomorrow, we'll meet up for a quick dinner and then we'll take the full tour of the town.

Replies for 02 - The Lion's Woods (and 01 - A Look at The Region)

@SimCoug Yes it was intensive but that's the way I've found I like to get rid of some stress after work. I just get lost in it for a while. Thank you for all your MMPs please release more :yes:

@Dreadnought Yo Thank You, I spent plenty of time making sure things make at least a little sense geographically, some area might seem a bit compacted but those were kinda of ideas that went too far to be deleted but don't perfectly fit. It's science fiction I guess lol

@SimEMS38 Thank you bud, yes lot's of patience.

@VMIUJcadet09 Thank you, there are some places available now, but there will be more when the land near the avenues develop. (In the fictional future of this town, I'll never actually change it.)

@GoKingsGo  Thank You and thank you for noticing :thumb:  and Go Devils! ;)

@takemethere  You are going to have some scary moments with this CJ, I'm using 7.5m Tunnels and in most places that I can fit it in I have already started changing out most of the 15m overpasses. There will be some throughout due to space but there are some I'm going to leave in to give you a smoother ride :). Some locations that I will be changing though are where I feel whatever is next to it looks too small next to it.  As far as Rails though I don't think you'll find a piece of track that is interfered with and other than some low mph zones I think you'll find a smooth sloped ride. Please point out any problem spots please as my priority was the rail over all other forms of transit. Thank you for you comments

@bien1500 Thank you. Look for SFBT diagonal fillers and mgb or rsc204 fillers

@kingofsimcity Thank you, Sorry I don't remember where I got them but they will end up being used some what often kinda like them better than others for some spots.

@kschmidt Thank you for the compliment

Thank you all for your comments This is my first CJ ever so I really appreciate them. Also I'd like to add that I'd like to treat this CJ as a bit of an interactive one where anyone can ask for an additional picture of an area I'll throw it into a reply comment in the entry. I wasn't sure how to set up my replies or if I should comment within the entry or what not, I'll tend to do it this way unless you guys disagree or have a different suggestion.

Thank you for stopping in, see you next time for 04 - Forest Fields at Night

~PHIL

philforhockey51

02 - The Lion's Woods

Welcome Everyone!

Today's tour will see us going through the town of The Lion's Woods. Situated on the Western border of the Region of Mountain North it contains both a rail line and a new avenue that runs through connecting the neighboring region with the neighbor to the east Sun Bay Village, a larger more developed community.  We'll start today with a couple of before and after pics.

Before:

NjmvYeB.jpg

After:

osqTeDV.jpg

Here we can get a look at the way the zones were laid out followed by an image of the zones grown.

Glvk5cq.jpg

MI7Vz2f.jpg

Let's move in a little closer for some better views of the new avenue and bridge near the town center.

B8UreZS.jpg

UbLd7Po.jpg

Here we can see the old road bridge.

DTtDTQc.jpg

And here we can see the rail bridge in action.

ePWuzYb.jpg

In the north east corner we have some farmland. The avenue was built right down the middle of Old John's farm splitting it in two.

MLvjdT2.jpg

cu1yFVw.jpg

9WHrxZO.jpg

jXlr3rt.jpg

Here we can see the avenue connection to Sun Bay Village

iuU6lHd.jpg

Let's take a look at the town center where both the passenger rail station and the freight station are located.

zHWtch2.jpg

2VrxVZW.jpg

7SgPRFS.jpg

To closeout let's take a look down river a bit.

ZExIdBL.jpg

gF4ib2R.jpg

rED6NIi.jpg

nwq4gtN.jpg

Thank You for taking the tour!

Next trip we will be heading North up the mountain. The Lion's Perch has become quite the Hang Gliders Destination so bring your gear for a flight. 

~PHIL

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Would you be able to help us catch up after a bit of a shortfall?

We had a small shortfall last month. Your donation today would help us catch up for this month.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections