Karasem V 4.11 (AIN)

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

Continuation of Karasem V3.0-4.7 which I've closed in 2015

Formerly named as : Greater Cibebek Area which only contain a major city. One largest metropolitan area in the Southeast Asia. Show how the current situation in the developing countries major city and the citizens life inside it.

Entries in this City Journal

Namiko

This update about Meriah, Karasem which I havent show in ST for 2.5 years (since last update of Karasem V4.7). I was thinking this CJ actually about Cibebek-Kota Baru area only but I have work in meriah which I havent show in a while so I changed it into fully Karasem CJ.

Update 43: Nightfall ~ Evening Stars

Kelan is a District in Meriah Regency located just in south of Border of Meriah. It's bordering with Jatibening City in the east, Meriah in north and Sukamulya District in south. This district with population of 56.234 (2015) include the Airport of Meriah, Kota Meriah International Airport.

wd93q.jpg

location map of Kelan.

Kelan Utara is a subdistrict in Kelan, taken most of northern part of this district

35140881225_4afdc73cdb_o.jpg

Kelan Utara Interchange of Meriah Outer Ring Road (MORR) south ring. 

Kelan Utara consist mainly the middle class suburban area as well as several undeveloped land and even agricultural areas.

35140893915_ca2aa0b8f6_o.jpg

Jl H. Solihin (road from west to east) in Kelan Utara.

There are several industrial area in Kelan Utara. mostly minor one.

35140887645_e8d18d6c84_o.jpg

Industrial area in Kelan Utara.

35009995401_69e8a406bc_o.jpg

Jl H. Solihin in Kelan Utara (again)

Sarang Alang, another subdistrict in Kelan. Located just in west of Kelan Utara.

34330818073_116217760a_o.jpg

Suburban area in Sarang Alang featuring Jl Sarang Alang.

Jl Sarang Alang actually used to be Airport main access road toward Kota Meriah International Airport before the main expressway access done back in 1983. 

35009958501_87b5b4337d_o.jpg

Jl Sarang Alang Ramp of Meriah Outer Ring Road (MORR) bound for Airport Main Enterance-Curug

Jl Raya Curug, a major road through Kelan that connecting Jatibening and Curug is one of arterial road of this district as it connect Kelan with Jatibening and Western part of Meriah.

34330851453_c3cbbf6444_o.jpg

Jl Raya Curug in Sarang Alang.

35140905215_f5dca641e3_o.jpg

another picture of Jl Raya Curug in Sarang Alang

With its location just neighboring airport, Buildings in Kelan Utara (Kelan in general) have height restriction.

35140911425_1db69cc632_o.jpg

Jl Raya Curug in Kelan Utara featuring airport gate.

In fact, Kelan Utara Interchange directly located in the north of airport eastern runway. The area in the south of interchange is known for the plane spotters to take nice view of Plane landing

35009988911_df213dba24_o.jpg

area in the south of Kelan Utara IC

MORR (Meriah Outer Ring Road) is an expressway looping Kota Meriah area. the first phase of southern part which include Kelan-Cipelak built on 1992-1997. In Kelan, this expressway served by 1 interchange (Kelan Utara IC) and 1 junction toward Kelan-Sukasari Feeder Expressway

35009968041_05888af3ee_o.jpg

MORR in Kelan Utara bordering with Kota Meriah International Airport (KMIA) Hangars.

35009966801_570c544483_o.jpg

Meriah Outer Ring Road in the east of Kelan Utara IC

35140896665_9d481194d0_o.jpg

Kelan Junction, Kelan-Sukasari Expressway termites with MORR.

35009965331_5b591c368b_o.jpg

MORR in the east of Kelan Junction

The construction of the expressway/highway back in 90s leaving several minor roads that crossed the highway disconnected, leaving the dilemma of major highway project in the dense area like southern Meriah. Although, most of newer highway project in Karasem overcome the situation by building the streets in the side of highway to avoid disconnecting the minor roads by divert them to the nearest crossing.

35009962091_e55eb5e9d1_o.jpg

one of the example of disconnected road by the highway. (image rotated 90 degree)

Meriah government did plan to build the light rail in pararel with the expressway since 2015 in order to fulfill the commuter around the city needs although this plan seems to be shelved for now as the city government focused on expanding Meriah Mass Rapid Transit System (M2RT) which seems more successful to bring more people around city to use public transit.

35009960401_352911bfd7_o.jpg

Closer look in Meriah Outer Ring Road (image rotated 90 degree). the government considered to build the light rail parallel with this highway.

As for the public transit, Kelan at this point dont have any access toward any mass transit, just several routes of city buses and paratransit toward Jatibening or Pemogan. In future, M2RT plan to expand a mass transit system which is a metro toward airport through Kelan.

35140914355_e38dc4cc68_o.jpg

Jl Raya Curug intersect with Jl Raya Kelan which is the main corridor road in Kelan.

Kelan-Sukasari Expressway is a feeder expressway toward the western coast of Meriah Regency which going through Kelan. although this expressway criticized for having low demand, it built in 2004 toward Kelan Utama IC where it termites at this moment in order to relieve the overcapacity Kelan Utara IC. 

34330857113_946e9b39e2_o.jpg

Jl Raya Curug Crossed Kelan Sukasari Expressway.

35009980441_7d50432fd9_o.jpg

overview of Kelan Utara

35140875735_5cf500f4ca_o.jpg

overview of Kelan Utara featuring part of airport

34305614534_b6568288fd_o.jpg

Evening shot of Kelan Utara

35110740186_1cfc9265bc_o.jpg

Jl Raya Curug intersect Jl Raya Kelan at Night

During night this area can be seen from every single flight toward Meriah International Airport clearly as it located directly next toward the airport.

34305612774_07d47c299f_o.jpg

Suburb of Kelan Utara at night 1

34305612994_4b210d6ae9_o.jpg

Another picture of Kelan Utara Suburban at night

Aside from the commuting residents, MORR also congested with the people rushing toward their evening flight in KMIA

34305613364_59e3d88de6_o.jpg

Night Shot of MORR

35110738676_ca49cc11e8_o.jpg

Night Shot of Kelan Utara IC

Thats all for today "repost", thanks for viewing!

Namiko

New update yet another reposted work from SC4D with several revision. Its all about the  my work on urban railroad around Greater Cibebek area. This update rather than showing certain area in city, it shows several stations in Cibebek Metropolitan Area which I've made in game so far since 2010. Also if you already see my post in SC4D its a little bit different with several updates including the maps.

Update 42: Cibebek Railway Insight 1

Cibebek Metropolitan Area which includes Karasem's capital city Kota Baru is Karasem 2nd largest metropolitan area after the former capital Kota Meriah with population of 11,271,420 people in 2010.

Cibebek Railway is a subsidiary of Karasem Railway (KNR), Karasem railway company. Infrastructure of the system owned by Karasem Railway although it's operated and designed (if modification applied) by Cibebek Railway. Cibebek Railway share the track with the intercity, regional and other local trains which operated to or from Cibebek and Kota Baru. Cibebek Railway has the largest and most used railway in Karasem. As for 2016 it has average daily usage 1,493,757 people, higher than Meriah urban railway (504,302) even with M2RT (Meriah Mass Rapid Transit) combined which is 711,700 people in 2016. 

CKB-01.png 

Cibebek Railway route map (credit to @__A to create this great map! )

The history of Cibebek Railway started in 1900 when Dutch Malaya (now Karasem) built the Narrow gauge (1,067 mm) railway from New Breda (now Pondok Daun) toward Tandjoeng Doeren (now in Kota Baru) in order to transport the industrial goods between city. In 1942, Japanese occupied Dutch Malaya and Kamogawa formed as the capital of the puppet state of Karasuma. During this period, railway around Kamogawa revitalized and rearranged into current network for better utilization of the mining and other strategic resources available in the region. Railway in the Loop Line and Minami Kamogawa-Yanagi electrified on 1943 for the local commuters mostly toward the industrial area in western Kamogawa.  By 1978 with the announcement of national capital movement, Cibebek Railway alongside with the Karasem Railway and government electrifies the railway between Yanagi toward Tanjung Duren. Later on 1980, with the further growth of Cibebek (which act as temporary capital at that time) and neighboring city Rail line between Krajan to Ciasem and Pasar Biru to Cikaas electrified and all electrification done in 1984. In 1993, Rail between Kota Baru to Sumbersari electrified to support the growth of the new capital city. In 1995 Rail from Saika to Cipayung followed to be electrified which later formed the Cipayung Line.

33306317651_22c005d20d_o.jpg

Ciasem Station, Ciasem. The only station with "original" Dutch architecture now in Cibebek Metropolitan Area. Built in 1912, today it is the terminus of Local Ciasem Line and serves intercity trains toward Tanjung Pojok.

In 2005, the rail system started to modernized with the new service system (which implemented until today). in same year CR order of used Tokyu 8500 8000 series (8001f, 8005f, 8009f, 8027f, 8041f) and JNR 103 series both from Japan  which has same rail gauge to maintain the growing demand alongside with the creation of new Cibebek Railway 4000 Series train which in service started from 2007. With the completion of Bridge from Kasem Island toward Cikulon Island in June 18 2006 first train from Meriah arrived at Cibebek Raya Station marking the start of inter-island train service. In late 2016, Cibebek Railway expected to new trains batch ( Cibebek Railway 5000 series) start in 2018.

32588702634_98d54fff6a_o.jpg

Cibebek Raya Station (Formerly Kamogawa Station) originally built in 1900, renovated in 1942. It's the city main terminal with the largest number of lines served as well as intercity trains. Local Commuter Trains served mostly at platform 4-8 while the intercity trains served by platform 1-3. It is the largest train station in Karasem and 3rd by daily average usage of 102,183 people.

The urban railway system currently has 7 main lines and 1 feeder line serving Cibebek Metropolitan Area. The Kota Baru Line is the most crowded line in the system serving between Cibebek Raya Station to Petamburan Station. Second most traveled line is Cibebek Loop line looping Cibebek City with the turnpoint at Minami-Kamogawa Station where the train going back forward. Ciasem Line is the next in term of passengers. It serves northern part of Cibebek Metropolitan area with terminus at Ciasem Station although several train only go to Sadang Station.

33434456255_8d2605f5b1_o.jpg

Padang Tengah Station, a station in Southern Ciasem city where it has rather rural-looking surrounding. Although it seems to be in middle of ricefields, it actually serves a lot of worker at nearby industrial area as well as the suburban commuters in southern Ciasem.

Cikaas Line originally serves from Krajan Station-Cikaas Station via Pasar Biru Station, now this line which serves Northeast part of Cibebek Metropolitan area mostly serves from Cikaas Station toward Cibebek Raya Station via the new shortcut done by 2007. Cipayung line which serves eastern part of metropolitan area was rather less traveled line in the system with headway averaging 20 minutes. Tanjung Duren Line is the line serves mostly Kota Baru area with its end service point at Tanjung Duren Station toward Minami-Kamogawa Station in Cibebek.
32588704264_7b5820a24f_o.jpg

Cikaas Station, main station of Cikaas city. Originally built in 1900, renovated in 1943 this station formerly serves the inter-city trains which since 2009 stopped at Bukit Pesona Station instead. Now this Station which is the 4th most crowded station serves only Local-Commuter Trains. There is a rail depot in the north of the station.

Most of lines in Cibebek-Kota Baru Railway shares the track with inter-city trains. The Ciasem Line shares with the trains toward Tanjung Pojok, Cikaas Line shares with the railway toward Pondok Daun, Tanjung Duren Line shares with railway toward Kota Meriah via Pulau Panjang Bridge and Kota Baru line share with trains toward Bankalan Station. Some expection is Cipayung line doesn't share its line with inter-city services and Ciluar line which formerly old airport rail link. 

33051377040_4c7811559a_o.jpg

Camatciut Station in Ciasem Line.

The system currently planned to expand its network toward several point. As for Cikaas Line will expand toward Cisarua Station with all of preparation done expect the station platform itself, Ciasem Line toward Cikopo Station which currently working on the catenaries. Inter-island expansion also planned by done the electrification toward Cibengkok Station in neighboring North Cikulon Province. Kota Baru Line in future ultimately will replaced the intercity train toward Bankalan Station as the expansion of the metropolitan area to the southeast. the industrial line of Pasir Gagak will also planned to be served by a feeder line toward the loop line. A 1.2 km Airport rail link also currently constructed between Petamburan Station toward airport fixed the missing link for the new Kota Baru International Airport.

33434502575_1ea70a0c47_o.jpg

Pasar Biru Station at night

In future, Kota Baru will also served by Kota Baru Metro, a Subway/MRT/Metro system in Kota Baru. the system will also constructed to Cibebek to improve the connectivity between lines in the metropolitan area.

32620395933_b169184abb_o.jpg 

Tanah Baru Station at night

If you want to see more check the wiki page of Cibebek Railway: http://aoin.eu/wiki/index.php?title=Cibebek_Railway

Thats all for today hope you enjoy!

+---------------------------------------+

Replies

On 8/1/2017 at 7:23 PM, Akallan said:

The night images are superb!  :P Thank you for the link!

Thank you! great to hear its helping! *:thumb:

On 8/1/2017 at 9:23 PM, tariely said:

The poll was decidedly a good idea. *;) Repost away !!!

Thanks! yes I'm reposting it all here until update 47 (except update 46 which is pretty much timed)

On 8/2/2017 at 11:36 PM, IL. said:

Great looking city! 

Thank you!

On 8/5/2017 at 3:18 AM, korver said:

Another lovely update!

Thanks for the link and tip on the water as well *:)

Thank you! well it really took me time to do the water work in photoshop. 

On 8/5/2017 at 1:37 PM, Tonraq said:

Looks lovely! 

ありがとう!

On 8/11/2017 at 2:51 AM, RandyE said:

Looks true to how most urban areas are constructed, I like the rail system.

Thanks!

On 8/11/2017 at 10:26 AM, jmsepe said:

Dryan, the new Asian CJ master. :O

well dont see at me, there're a lot of great cj out there... 

Also Thanks all for the like in previous entry!

Namiko

Allright, its been few days after posted the poll and we got 14 yes and 2 no to repost the entries here. Since the poll say that I should repost the picture from SC4D entries, I will post it here. 

This is the next entry which originally posted in 9/3/2017.

+----------------------------------+

Update 41: Blue Kaleidoscope

Note: 万華鏡 = Kaleidoscope
Pasar Biru (literally means Blue Market) is a subdistrict of Cibebek Utara District which also bordering Saika District where newer CBD of Cibebek located. During 1970s, this area known for its second hand markets, cheap stuffs and not forget "kaki lima*" foods. Later during the rapid urbanization of Cibebek-Kota Baru Metropolitan area, this area become gentrified with the major stores, malls and department stores replaced the cheap traditional market which now mostly moved toward pasar Krajan northwest of this area. But this area still hold the original spirit of the location for its closure toward the city center and its position as a commercial area.

32359396391_4d9e17e782_o.jpg

Simpang Pasar Biru where this area was grown from. Jl Saika Raya intersect with Jl Raya Pasar Biru 

Most of buildings in the main road built in 1980 or later. 

31669386003_cec86e2a3f_o.jpg

Simpang Pasar Biru at night

Pasar Biru Station is the main station in Pasar Biru. This station currently serves Ciasem Route (Cibebek Raya Station-Ciasem) and Cibebek Ring Route. Previously this station is also serves the Cikaas Route which had the route from Pasar Biru toward Cikaas Station, since the completion of the shortcut of Cikaas Route toward Saika Station in 2007 due to the demand of local commuters, Cikaas Route redirected from Pasar Biru to Saika Station with current main route from Cibebek Raya-Saika-Cikaas-Bukit Pesona. Although so, this station still serves the minor feeder line of Cikaas line. Area around Pasar Biru Station now full of commercial center such as malls and stores.
32329579382_5c6d1f6725_o.jpg

Pasar Biru Station and Pasar Biru Overpass (Jl Raya Pasar Biru).

Several area in Pasar Baru Subdistrict also consist of residential areas. 

31669378063_9b502c26c7_o.jpg

South of Pasar Biru Overpass featuring the railway. the left pair of rail for the Ciasem Route and Cibebek Ringroad, right one for former Cikaas Route which currently for either freight train straight toward port and minor feeder line.

31637364504_0e13da451a_o.jpg

Southern Pasar Biru in night featuring Sunada Underpass.

In Jl Saika Raya, southern Pasar Biru has several office buildings. This area directly bordering the Saika Utara CBD.

32440475116_3ffec75cd4_o.jpg

note: kaki lima = what people here call the street side vendor which consist of cart or something like that.

Thats all for today, hope you like it. 

+-----------------------------------+

Replies:

On 7/28/2017 at 9:41 PM, Akallan said:

UNBELIEVABLE! It's just one of the most beautiful updates I've seen among the Asian cities ... ALL the pictures are beautiful to see ... The train station diagonally under the bridge, the rich neighborhoods next door Of the poor, this river that is really ugly (ugly = well done), there are details to see from everywhere, it is incredible! Or have you found this mod that puts greenery in the middle of avenue TLA-7 (that we see already in the first image)? *:thumb:

Congratulations!

Thank you very much! well you see that the riverside slum is the main theme of that update. As for the greenery in middle of AVE-6, its here: 

On 7/29/2017 at 2:29 AM, tankmank said:

Wow it has been a while since i have seen Karasem. I used to really enjoy the updates, the city looks great as always, i love the lot editing of the buildings it really adds a lot. I can't wait to see more

Thank you! I will update it regularly as before. :) 

On 7/29/2017 at 4:10 AM, tariely said:

Thank you ! Now, THAT's a station ! *:D

glad to know thats what you searching for! :}

On 7/29/2017 at 5:30 AM, GoKingsGo said:

The river is awesome.

Thanks! well its awesome just in point of sc4 view but not in real life.

On 7/29/2017 at 7:34 AM, Adhvic127 said:

Amazing! So realistic! :thumb: Link Indomaretnya apa gan? *:D

Thanks gan! link Indomaret is here

On 7/29/2017 at 11:29 AM, DavidDHetzel said:

Very nice @Namiko

Where did you get that Carrefour and that building labeled "Indomarket"?

Thank you! the links are here:

On 7/30/2017 at 4:34 AM, korver said:

Another excellent update *:thumb: The slums are done extremely well as usual.

PS. Do you have a link for the muddy river MMPs? I've been in dire need of something like that for a while, everything else I've found is too pristine looking for my slummy areas :/

Thanks a lot! your cities surely one of my inspiration as well! I cant see myself even comparable with yours. 

Its from RFR plopable water with a little bit of color correction in photoshop. 

On 7/30/2017 at 6:09 AM, juliok92012 said:

If you're talking about the river itself, it looks like an edited version of the RFR River... But I can not tell if it was in photoshop or if it is a different MMP.

Great and realistic job, really one of the best scenes of slums I've seen in SC4!

Thanks a lot! yes its RFR River with a little color correction work done in photoshop. *:)

Namiko

Well here we go again... I decided to bring this theme back into City Journal realm back earlier this year. Actually I've done several updates (40-46b) since this February in SimCity 4 Devotion but well, I might repost it here so everyone can actually see what I work.

This first entry is actually a complete repost of Update 40 Karasem: Limited Love (17/02/08) 

+----------------------------------+

Update 40: Limited Love

Cibebek Utara, Cibebek, Karasem. A district in Karasem's 2nd largest city where don't want to live but have to be.... atleast that for several people live in this area inside the northern part of Cibebek. People can shop a cheap stuff into high-end stuff in the Plaza Tanah Baru, a shopping centre built in 2003 alongside with the surrounding commercial area.
31669436093_f9285b0a89_o.jpg 
A commercial center next to Simpang Tanah Baru (Tanah Baru Intersection) where Jl Saika Raya (north-south) meets Jl Raya Krajan (west-east)

This commercial area, where you can enjoy walking alongside the road while shopping or just enjoy the atmosphere is really feels like you are not in Northern part of Cibebek.
31669427583_d955fe2a52_o.jpg 
Commercial area in the east of Plaza Tanah Baru

Alongside with Jl Raya Krajan, the commercial area is rather elite even compared to those in the main road. 
32102535390_c49c59262b_o.jpg 
Jl Raya Krajan near the Ruko Plaza Tanah Baru

In the night this area is bright, either from the evening traffic near intersection which sometime a worst situation or maybe from the lightning system inside the shoping centre
32102487790_51b4ecf618_o.jpg 
Simpang Tanah Baru at night

This area actually not very far from a mass transit station aside from local buses or paratransits. Tanah Baru Station located below the overpass of Jl Saika Raya which one of the main option for the commuter in Cibebek Metropolitan Area. Its located in the Jl Saika Raya which is Cibebek's main corridor toward the downtown areas where located in the south of Tanah Baru.
32405687790_4bc70680eb_o.jpg 
Tanah Baru Station featuring Cibebek's Cibebek Railway 4000 series train. 

32440436796_5f34fe5d76_o.jpg 
Nightshot of Tanah Baru Station

Yeah this area actually close toward city centre and have easy access, why it so miserable? lets go to the north of the Intersection to see whats happening....
32329601422_8747869198_o.jpg 
A hypermarket in Jl Saika Raya Tanah Baru .

Alongside Jl Saika Raya it still rather nice with the exception of the daily morning and evening commute time where it's a real bumper to bumper.
31669507293_5622d1e969_o.jpg 
Jl Saika Raya crossing the Krajan River

People can see something different from the bright side of the city by visiting the Krajan River which located in the middle of Tanah Baru Subdistrict... Not only at the Krajan River, much of the Cibebek Utara district of the city actually consist of slums and semipermanent settlements which prone towards fires and other risks.
31637496404_b9106c8cc2_o.jpg 
Behind the hypermarket in Tanah Baru..

Going deeper from the main street shows the other side of this area.... People come here anywhere from Cibebek Province or other places in Karasem
31669530423_26d2ce04ea_o.jpg 
somewhere in Tanah Baru Utara Subdistrict.

east or west from Jl Saika Raya, there are slums...
32359378071_f5d6bfe267_o.jpg 
A slum area in Tanah Baru Timur Subdistrict.

But, people in the riverside have much worse situation than any other area in Cibebek Utara District.... Not only live in the bad situation, they also in border of life when they got into the river whether incidentally or intentional since the river had a rather strong flow eventhough it has too many stuff in it, like plastic bag and used beds (no joke, somepeople really throw away their used beds into river).
32481106165_9765b723ed_o.jpg 
Riverside slum at Tanah Baru Utara Subdistrict

31637447294_02303ac561_o.jpg 
Like in Jl Saika Raya, Jl Raya Pasar Krajan looks well and lively compared what behind it....

Tanah Baru Timur Subdistrict is one of area in Cibebek prone to flooding. Back in 2014, the flood breaks into this area, it even hit the Jl Raya Krajan in the south of it, disturbing the citizens activities.
32359361471_c16961c2bf_o.jpg 
Riverside slum at Tanah Baru Timur Subdistrict

32329595822_fc8bc8b551_o.jpg 
Jl Tanah Baru Timur Dalam, an access road toward the residential area in North Cibebek crosses Krajan River.

The slum extend until the border of Sawahan and Tanah Baru Timur Subdistrict in the National Route 2
31637347934_972bbc22e9_o.jpg 
Eastern part of Tanah Baru Timur Subdistrict featuring Karasem National Route 2 which connect Cibebek city centre with Keshan in Northern Karasem.

As in the night, this area of city is very different with Plaza Tanah Baru where it's bright...
32359371461_2c0f83d165_o.jpg 
Tanah Baru Timur riverside slum at night

In order to reduce the risk of flood, the city government planned to do a revitalization alongside Krajan river which involve to reduce the river sedimentation as well to create the wall alongside the river. This already done in the Krajan River downstream as seen in Krajan Utara Subdistrict where the river in better situation.
31637462304_38c4d06ecc_o.jpg 
Krajan Riverside in Krajan Utara Subdistrict. 

32440610526_bbc71cb9f3_o.jpg 
Cibebek Expressway, the city main highway crossing the Krajan River in Krajan Utara Subdistrict.

Although the area around the river still rather poor looking, this area which flooding in 2014, no longer flooding during 2016 flood which hit the Tanah Baru area due to the river revitalization work done in 2015 which done with several violence...
31637509604_e8def9a7c1_o.jpg 
Jl Kampung Dalam, where the previous work of revitalization meet the old looking riverside....

The city government planned to revitalize the river futher upstream, but this involve the displacement and eviction of the riverside settlement which mostly illegal. People alongside the river in Tanah Baru currently in the worrisome. They have a time bomb ticking where the have to move out from where they live now.
32481110235_66ed107b27_o.jpg 
Back in Tanah Baru Utara....

They don't know where to live after this, where they have daily activities. Other place just too expensive for them to afford.....
31637469414_cac5fccc15_o.jpg 

To handle the displacement, city government currently building several housing project for people that affected by the project or other people around Cibebek Utara slums... First and second highrise building of the housing project currently being built in Jl Tanah Baru Timur Dalam. This area covered by the local bus with route from Tanah Baru Station toward Semawu in Northern part of Cibebek.
32359438941_a72f2cfbb6_o.jpg 
Rusun Tanah Baru 1 & 2 (Tanah Baru Housing Project 1 and 2) alongside the Tanah Baru Timur Dalam.

Other tower built literally right next toward Tanah Baru Plaza's commercial area which was a donation from the Plaza's developer
32102459870_cefb9fdf6c_o.jpg 
Rusun Tanah Baru 3 (Tanah Baru Housing Project 3) built in Jl Raya Krajan in the south of the river.

Some of the people think the housing project just too far away form they current location where it will be more difficult for people to reach where they have their activities beforehand...
32440482816_ac84bb72be_o.jpg 
Tanah Baru Plaza with the housing project tower under construction.

However, it is still very controversial whether it is a right thing to displace people in force as it might a violation toward the human rights. The citizens around the city still arguing about this....
31637341364_c635c8bfdd_o.jpg 
Tanah Baru Timur Subdistrict.

Whichever the right decision, people of Cibebek just hope this area will no longer become the city eyesore without humiliating some people..

Thats all for today. hope you enjoy this rather depressing update.. and oh maybe something not depressing?
32102444700_5b45aa8553_o.jpg 
Saika Utara CBD alongside the Jl Saika Raya.

Before going further, I might ask all of the viewer here, should I repost every single of my Southeast Asian City from SC4 Devotion here, it might took a while but I will catch up with update 47 which will come soon. if no, then I might just jump toward Update 47 as the next update of this CJ. oh here's the link to my entries in SC4D: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=12773.440 

+---------------------------------------------------------+

Replies:

Bringing replies to the comment of Nakama Update 6: Memories of Snow:

On 7/17/2017 at 3:29 AM, Skimbo said:

Mmh, this remembers me about the good old days, playing SC4. Well done "trainspotting" ;)

Well thanks a lot! *:D trainspotting is interesting after all to search and took picture of your favorite train series... (atleast as what I think)

On 7/17/2017 at 4:24 AM, Mewds45 said:

Nice BATS, where'd you get those? :P

Thanks *:D! a lot of these BAT's come from this site: http://hide-inoki.com/bbs/phpbb2/viewforum.php?f=7&sid=6241eb1e8c3ced79919101314d0ca976 

also I used stuffs from various Japanese sites which unfortunately many of them down now.. :cry:

On 7/17/2017 at 4:45 AM, sunda said:

Fizeste um belo trabalho.

obrigado *:D. unfortuantelly I'm not speaking Portuguese. :lost: 

On 7/17/2017 at 7:32 PM, tun93ngo said:

Looks breathtaking. Do you mind sharing where to get all the rail stations in your CJ? I only recognize the HSR one and some from Bripizza.

Thank you *:D! as for the stations, I link to them in the bottom of this post.

On 7/18/2017 at 0:59 AM, tariely said:

It's always great to see new buildings and other types of cities. it was lovely travelling on that train ! (and BTW, splendid mall on first picture --"Com City"-- What is it and, oh please, where could it be found ? :-) 

Thank you! *:D well, I give the link in bottom of this post.

On 7/18/2017 at 2:06 AM, korver said:

Great to see you back over here *:thumb: Lovely town and rail lines as always!

Thank you! *:D great to see you here as well! 

On 7/18/2017 at 10:39 AM, CT14 said:

Splendid!

Thank you! *:D

On 7/18/2017 at 11:47 AM, mertzigzag said:

The attention to detail is amazing! This really captures the look and feel of Japanese cities and railways quite well.  I second the question from @tariely--where did you find all these stations?  Lots of cool designs I haven't seen before.

Thank you! its a lot of work to give a real feel of Japanese city... as for the stations, I give the link later in this post.

On 7/19/2017 at 0:15 AM, Dgmc2013 said:

Beautiful pictures! I liked your work with the rails!

Thank you! I like to do railway in SimCity 4 especially in Japanese city theme.

On 7/19/2017 at 8:27 PM, sejr99999 said:

thank you for sharing your SC4 city and also the RL pix   well designed city and some great buildings especially the train stations

are the stations still available for download?

Thank you! well most of these stations still available to download, I'll give the link below.

On 7/24/2017 at 8:08 PM, 911Diva said:

Thanks for sharing all your hard work!  Very lifelike and well designed!  Now . . . where did Hashimoto's Train Station come from?  Awesome looking station!!

Thank you! its a real hard work to do it but I really enjoyed to do that update! as for the station, its below....

As for those who asked the link toward stations from my last Nakama update here's the link please note that some of the station in the update actually reloted :

Hashimoto Station (first station): http://hide-inoki.com/bbs/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=577

Mizue Station (second station): http://hide-inoki.com/bbs/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=604

Kozue Station (third station): http://www.bripizza.net/sc4/285sta/285sta_c.html#-2-2-x

Shin-Mizawa Station for local line (forth station): http://blog.livedoor.jp/moonlinght/archives/cat_59226.html (search for the station)

Shin-Mizawa Station for HSR line: sorry I think the web already down :cry:

Kurihama Station (Mizawa Line): http://blog.livedoor.jp/moonlinght/archives/cat_59226.html (search for the el rail station link)

Kurihama Station (Nazawa Line): http://hide-inoki.com/bbs/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=537

Iguchi Station: http://www.bripizza.net/sc4/1103tokestation/1103tokestation.html#b

Mizawa Station: http://hide-inoki.com/bbs/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=434

Again thanks  for the replies in Nakama update!

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Would you be able to help us catch up after a bit of a shortfall?

We had a small shortfall last month. Your donation today would help us catch up for this month.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections