There has not been an update in about a month. I unfortunately have not had much time, as April is coming up very, very soon, which means the start of my college years, so updates will probably be even more sporadic...
pinkindustry: Thank you! You may not consider yours Japanese, but real Japanese cities actually look quite similar to yours. But anyway, great job on your cities too!
Mymyjp: Thank you for your comment!
Tonraq: Yeah, you're right. It's not good to worry. あなたの日本語が良いです！頑張れよ！
nas786: Ha ha, quite funny! You have a good sense of humor! And also, thanks for your comment!
Paulobergonci: Don't worry, you'll be able to visit Japan one day.
jmsepe: Thanks for your comment!
NMUSpidey: Thank you for your comment!
Tonraq: That's what Kisa Atsuko (on SC4Devotion and here on Simtropolis) said as well. I'll work on it.
Kim Sunwoo: Thank you for your comment.
89James89: Cheers, and thank you for your comment!
tankmank: Don't worry, it'll come in the next or the one after next update.
Ln X: Thank you for your comment.
Now, on to the update for today! It is going to have a ton of pictures, to make up for my inactivity lately.
This right here is a high-up view of the city of Tagawa (田川市、ローマ字：Ｔａｇａｗａ－ｓｈｉ, which I think translates to, "Rice Field River City" in English?), a fictional city located in the fictional Tagawa prefecture (田川県、ローマ字：Ｔａｇａｗａ－ｋｅｎ). This city was made for the monthly challenge, but however, I did not have enough time to complete the city, as it was only half-way done. So when I got back on a couple of months after the fact, (March) I filled in the remaining space on the 1.8 kilometers of low-level flat-space in the Southern part of the city. However, the Northern and far-eastern parts of the city have yet to be finished, so we may just have updates on those too . Here is the region-view picture now:
1. Here is the first area I will show you. However, the photo right here was taken a few years ago (not real years, as I said above that this was started in January) before the major Tagawa flood, caused from an earthquake in the ocean in the Tohoku region.
2. Another moment from before the disastorous flood came. You can see the rice paddies and the small farm houses off to the side, completely unaware of what is about to happen.
3. Even the citizens of southern western Tagawa who are up on a raised plain are not completely safe from the disaster that is about to happen.
4. Something terrible is about to happen, especially on this low level floodplain, which is closest to the wrath of the water.
5. The disaster that is about to happen is especially bad news for the industry and the powerplant, which powers up the whole Tagawa City area, of many people, who most are on 1.8 square kilometers on the raised plain.
6. The flood has reached land fall! The power lines which lead out inland have been completely submerged, cutting off power to those up north.
7. The flooding has reached the houses. The sirens in the city are blaring. People are fleeing from the home of theirs, and the power plant workers have been evacuated.
8. MIN'NA!!! THE WATER HAS REACHED THE POWER PLANT AND MANY OF THE INDUSTRIAL AREA! FLEE TO HIGHER GROUND AS SOON AS YOU CAN!
9. While the power plant workers survived and the people near it survived, isolated small villages like this got left behind along with the people in them...
10. This small village, which was closest to the river and on the lowest elevation got the worst of it.
11. The water eventually began to take over the whole village. The water begins to seep in toward the dense urban area up on higher land.
12. The water come onto the elevated land, destroying everyone that is in its path.
13.Tagawa Police Officer Tomioka on the horn: "Citizens of Tagawa City, Minami ku (Southern ward), please remain calm and evacuate to the northern parts of the city in which the elevation is higher! Evacuate now to the safe places, Denshi ku and Kita ku up in the north!"
14. Tagawa News: Tagawa News Reporting! Today, on March,11, A huge tsunami has come to the Tohoku region flooding many coastal towns, such as Ishinomaki, Onagawa, Motoyoshi, Kesennuma, Rikuzentakata, etc. The one that we are covering today is the Tagawa tsunami, in Tagawa prefecture. As you can see, Minami ku is flooded, with the water rising at around 4.5 meters high, up here. Below on the floodplain, water levels reached almost 56 meters high.
15. Tagawa News: Despite all of this catastrophe, a man named Tomioka Kazuhito was a hero on this day, giving warning to those farther from the tsunami. He saved many lives on this day.
16. Tagawa News: The waters seem to be receding back in. Debris and other trash is getting pulled back in.
17. Tagawa News: Now some areas of the flood plain have become dry. The water is receeding quickly, taking all the debris it can with it.
18. Tagwa News: The waters have receeded to their normal level. Out of the 66,284 people in the city, there were 4,692 casualties, 2,314 people gone misssing, and 7,456 people injured. Due to water getting inside of the Tagawa powerplant, Tagawa has completely lost power.
19. ...So, 4 years after the tsunami of 3/11, Tagawa has rebuilt some of what has been lost. Slowly but surely Tagawa and other towns like it have been rebuilding what they have lost. Unfortunately, however some things can not be regained...
20. Tagawa now is good and well, and recovering from the incident. The grand re opening of the pedestrian mall just happened today.
21. More re development.
25. Sakurano, Tagawa's second indoor mall to open up.
27. An area near downtown.
28. Tagwa's major train station which sees countless numbers of people each day, and Tagawa's downtown along with the SOGO Mega Mall. There are always tons of people walking around here.
31. An industrial area in Kita ku.
32. Tagawa's new water filtration plant, along with industry.
34. The black and brown building is Tagawa's news station, home of Tagawa News!
35. Another train station in Midori ku.
36. A somewhat new residential area of Tagawa.
38.As one first enters the city from the south, the things that they will first notice first is that there are 3 big, major buildings here: The Aqua Research Institute, the Kitamura Major Art Musuem, and the Tagawa City College. There is also a hotel nearby (pink and gray building) for those who want to stay near it. Located in Minami ku.
43. The major highway, leading into and out of town.
44. An urban park.
46. A view of Minami ku (ward) (south of highway) and Midori ku (north of highway).
47.View of Minami ku (South of avenue/highway) Denshi ku (All of downtown, it is the electronic and office industry ward) and Kita ku (north of highway/avenue and of the downtown).
48. All of Mizutagawa ku (Rice paddy river ward), basically the whole flood plain.
That was the update. It was quite long, but well worth it for me, and for you guys! Comment, and feel free to ask about where I got the mods from!
I would also appreciate negative criticism. If there is something you don't like, or something you think that I am doing wrong, please tell.