(SC4) Halkken

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

The Northern Pearl.

Entries in this City Journal

evivas

Hi you all! Sorry for the delay of the update, I got a lot homework, anyway today I'll do a larger update, hope not too large to be boring, so enjoy it!

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Today we'll go over the Hallanen Metro Area Plan!

To roughly give you an idea of how this was developed, I present an sketch of the plan (I made on Paint, so don't expect too much, its just a sketch).

76HallanenMetroAreaPlan_zps0b347715.jpg

From this sketch you can get the general idea of the plan, focusing more on the importance of the industrial clusters, the railway system and the road layout. All of these factors are equally important for the development of Hallanen. Another aspect to highlight is the presence of the tunnels, which where the most used solution by the engineers for the developing the railway system.

So let's begin with the pictures!

First of all, I'll show you another view of the capital so that you can see the road layout on the main part of the city.

53GRViewC_zps58d0009d.jpg

The government seek for a organic city design, which includes the nature as an integral part of the city. That is why all the industrial clusters are surrounded by a dense forest, so that it acts as a barrier between the industrial zones and the city. The less important concern is contamination, as you see the industry is High Tech in both cluster, which is a huge boost for the commercial sector on the city.

As well, the avenue that acts as boundary between the city and the industrial clusters is called the Rinne Ave, and is one of the main avenues of the capital, and one of the busiest ones.

45HallenestampMalaquieAveInterSec_zps95650d70.jpg

To begin the trip, we arrive to the intersection between the avenues to Hallenest and the one to Malaquie Town to the right of the photo. As you are able to see on the right, the water department of the city decided to invest on water treatment plant that serves the three cities (Hallenest, Sud Halle and Hallanen). This is the main entrance the people use when they come from other cities on the country.

Going into the city, you will be able to see a development of high wealth boutiques and commerces that welcomes you to the capital. The corner building you are seeing is called the Waston Boutiques Hall, it includes the prestigious Waston Boutiques as well as others prestigious commerces that are very well known across the country. This little area is commonly called the Rolly offices, because of the Rolly family which are one of the richest group in the city and they own the Waston Boutiques chain.

68LuxuryBoutiques_zps0ab17bbe.jpg

Before going downtown, we'll visit the suburbs.

48SuburbanInterSec_zpscbdc2c63.jpg

This little suburbs area was developed in the outskirts of the city, and was the first residential zone made after the 18th earthquakes. This is one of the most desirable areas of the city, just after downtown this is because of the forest that surrounds the suburbs as well as for the very effective mass transport systems that serves this sector, including the metro system.

The next stop is the fire department. This beautiful glass building is the home of the biggest heroes of the city. After the disaster, the government made a huge investment on security services and even more on this department specifically. The building is called the A - Team Building (alias A - Building), because that was the name of the group of heroes which fight against the fire on 18/9 earthquake.

07FireStation_zps741b7a06.jpg

Also the fire department got recently a exclusive airstrip for a air fire fighting force!

47FirePlane_zps9ae48fe6.jpg

The next stop is towards the Rinne Avenue, specifically onto the industrial clusters. The two of them are the biggest ones on the country, and supply almost all the works for the people of the capital, the others job sources are the commercial offices. Here is a view of the North Cluster.

44NorthClusterC_zps71d862c8.jpg

Another shot!

43NorthClusterB_zps79830dc1.jpg

And now we'll visit the south cluster. Both areas are divided just by the Sud Halle Ave. Also, those two parks you see there are the boosters of desirability on the area, both of them are sunken and are called the "Joumelles Parks".

40SouthCluster_zps6d1a1a2f.jpg

This is the sector of the cluster that is on Hallanen, the rest and the majour part is on Sud Halle.

In the next photo, you'll see to the right the industrial clusters as well as the forest areas and the farm zones. To the bottom left you'll be able to see the railway tracks and the Maree Mountain. To the top is where the suburbs are, and the huge construction zone in the middle is the prestigious University of Clayhurst. Which is our next stop.

32GrView_zpsd1c63c4d.jpg

At last, that avenue that surrounds the city, from here you can see its importance as it acts as roundabout with the city in the middle of it.

University of Clayhurst, this is for far one of the most prestigious and well-known universities across the planet. The committee of the university decided to made a new campus, and as Hallanen was developing and growing as one of the most profitable and with the best living standards, they decided to installed the campus on here.

The university offers by now a range of 10 differents careers, from architecture to law studies. But for far the most requested career is Urban Design. The phase B, seeks to finish the campus on Hallanen and the phase C the placement of other campus on the country.

36UniClayhurstShort_zpsefcaba0c.jpg

Here is a larger view of the area.

35UniClayhurstLarge_zpsada3f8aa.jpg

The next photo is the main entrance to the entrance coming from Finland and Norway. And under the avenue is where the HATC loops into the country again towards Malaquie Town.

33EntranceHallanen_zps7a824aed.jpg

Following this avenue, we'll reach the intersection at the north between the Rinne Ave and the FR - 1 Freeway.

51MainInterSec_zps9d88cf34.jpg

Here is a larger view of the area but focusing more onto the FR - 1 Freeway, this connects you towards the main highway, the A - 1, which connects almost all the cities on the country.

52FreeWayFR-1_zps28880fd2.jpg

For last, you are able to see the clusters of trees around Hallanen, that is because in the beginning, Hallanen was a forest, so that is why the government wanted so much to include nature as a integral part of the city. So that is all for this update, the next and last about Hallanen will go around downtown, and I'll post it around wednesday or thursday. Thanks for reading, and again I hope you like it. Any feedback is completely welcome.

Regards, Esteban.

evivas

The Crude 18th Night

Today's update will get us around the Capital Hallanen. First of all, I must say thet the city you are about to see is the greatest (and at the same was biggest) I've ever done, for that reason I divide the tour through in more than a couple of entries. As well, through this update I'll explain you a important part of the history of the country, so I hope you don't mind if it too much text, anyway I expect you like it. Let's get on it.

______________________________________________________________________________________

The Crude 18th Night

" It was an eighteenth day of september. A monday night. The capital and its ten thousand souls were asleep. In a moment the town alarm awaken up the people without advide, and it was just a matter of a few seconds when the earth begun to crumble. All were trying to get out of their homes as fast as they were able to. The streets were filled by midnight screams. All of us were tryiyng t understand what was happening when the crude nature decided to repeat what it just done, in a bigger scale. The town was screaming from the deepest part of its throat. Reddish and hell-like flame appeare from almost anywhere you see. The town was transformed into ashes."

This is just a extract of he ten pages narration made the local newspaper, Paivï News, three days after the disaster, extract that is now sheltered on the National Gallery on Hallanen. This museum dedicated a two story hall for a permanent homage to the disaster of 18/4.

22NationalHall_zps014a1f81.jpg

(By the way, thanks to Alex_Bervoets for this wonderful BAT).

This event is now a clue part on the culture of the republic.

And now, you may wonder how did the city rised up? What a good question.

Well, Roi Karnen, the mayor and president, leaded a plan called the Hallanen Metro Area, which contemplates three cities: Hallanen, Hallenest (the one of the previous update) and Sud Halle.

The plan seeks to build a compact system of cities, connected by a road, rail, metro and bus systems.

So the first phase was developed in nearly two years. The almost ten thousand souls who live here before the disaster were moved onto nearby cities, all of them find work on the reconstruction works of the city.

After all the hard work, this was the result.

29GeneralViewCityHallanen_zps641d8d87.jpg

(We'll focus more onto the plan in another update).

After this brief story of the events of 18/4 and the city rise, our tour begins, in the 18th street. This important road crosses the whole city, including downtown. During the homage made every year in honor to the ones who died on the disaster, the street is closed almost completely.

2318thStreet_zps43cf5f44.jpg

The next stop is the Yldeys Park. If we translate it, it means 'The pride park'. Its one of the only places that survived the earthquake, it only needed just minor quantity of restaurations. Nowadays, it is one of the major symbols of the nations.

26LittlePridePark_zps3d7bddfe.jpg

Here is a larger view of the park.

25WidePridePark_zps893892f2.jpg

The next stop is just crossing the 18th street, the Chapel of Saint Iley. John Iley was one of the first settlers of the nation and the principal promoter of a equitative social and political system, helping hundreds of communities in the region. Every eighteenth of september, people from all the country filled the chapel and surrounding plazas and streets for hearing the homage of the 18/9 events.

27ChapelofSaintIley_zpse8a1d26f.jpg

Just behind the chapel, we find the fallen cemetary. There is were the ones who died on the earthquake were buried. They were almost a hundred of infortunate souls. It could be considered as a sacred place.

08ChapelBackYard_zpse55cd670.jpg

After seeing all this icons and memorials, we will go through one more stop. This place is considered one of the major icons of the country, the UN Fountain.

30UNFountain_zpsc8d336f5.jpg

(Thanks to Cockatoo for this beautiful BAT).

It is between the three main avenues roundabout, it was made in conmemoration of the addition of the republic to United Nations. But above all, it was made for representing the rising of a new, united and strong country, which has now earn the alias of: The Northern Pearl.

____________________________________________________________________________________

So that's all for this update, you'll see the second part very soon. Any feedback and commentaries are completely welcome.

Hoping that you are enjoying this journal.

Regards, Esteban.

____________________________________________________________________________________

I'll just show you a plus photo of the new train the HATC invested on, enjoy it!

31NewReskinHATC_zps6ce62eb4.jpg

Thanks!

evivas

Hallenëst

Hi! First of all, I am new at this forum but I decided to start my CJ, I am not quite as good as others, but anyway I hope you enjoy the cities I've done, all related to the region I am currently developing, the Kingdom of Halkken.

Let's get started.

Official Name: Kingdom of Halkken.

Political System: Democractic Federal Republic. (Yes, indeed the name of Kingdom of Halkken exist because I can't change it, it is quite nice as well.)

Capital: Hallanen.

President: Roi Karnen.

Today's update will be about a city which is part of the Metro Area of Hallanen, it is called Hallanëest. This city was developed with the plan that the Mayor of Hallanen and President, Roi Karnen, lead forward for developing the country's capital into a major metropolis. This plan contemplate to developand expand the eastern industrial cluster of Hallanen towards Hallanëest for producing a major amount of jobs for the people. So this went true.

That briefly story is how the city begin, so let's start with the photos.

First of all, I'll show you the Ronne Lake, its a cold and shallow lake. It was the first source of water when Hallanen was just a hundred of habitants. As it is so important to the country's history, the engineers decided to design all the rail and road layout without affecting the area. Currently, the governement make a bid to the UNESCO for stablishing it as a Natural Protected Area.

10LakeRonneuml_zps9c4108db.jpg

To continue, we will follow the rail line that connects the city to Hallanen, as a suburban rail.

13TrainHallanen_zps291ea6f8.jpg

The rail system is managed by a government's subsidiary, the company HATC, all the system in the country is totally sunken and does not disturbs the road layout, and it connects the whole country. Even the best way to arrive to the country is by train, as it was develop before the freeways system.

The next stop is the branching of the rails into the industrial cluster. As you see on the bottom left corner, there is a suburban sunken stop, so that the workers from Hallanen could arrive here to get to work.

11SuburbsHallaneest_zps8945fe14.jpg

Let's see closely the train station, which is commonly known as the "Dome Station". Its a high capacity station, and its directly connected to the Hallenest Blue Bus Line, which is the one that connects the station to the suburbs and the industrial cluster.

14GlassStationHallanest_zps0d5ad44e.jpg

Getting more onto the suburbs, we appreciate some low wealth houses, which reduce the desirability of the area. The Mayor is promoting the creation parks and malls, so that the medium and high wealth people move onto the area, that will happen eventually.

16Closersuburbs_zps78f22c8d.jpg

Onto the Main Ave. (actually called Hallenëest Ave.) exists a couple of drugstores and low wealth businesses, but there is one that stands out from most of the people, it is called the Jeva Bar. Commonly the workers during weekends and vacations come here at night to get a relax from job, it is actually one of the most profitable business in the city (even more than certain industries). It has a white with red facade. To remark, it was the first business that was stablished on Hallanëest.

15JevaBar_zps0a05bfe9.jpg

Returning to the industrial area, in the next photo well see the curve that gets the railway toward the main freightyard. It was an issue for the engineering department to design the rail system as it requires smooth and large curves, even so they designed one of the best systems on Scandinavia, which makes the people from Halkken very proud.

19CurveFreight_zpsaf08e19f.jpg

The next stop is the Local Freightyard, it serves the whole industrial cluster. This is an advantage for the industries as all the products could be distributed along all the country so this propitiate the creation of big companies.

18YardFreight_zps8b0e987a.jpg

The next and last stop is onto a specific company, it was founded by a local entrepeneur, it is one the main producers of concrete for the country, and makes competition to other international companies that decided to get here as well. As well as it is one of the most important and profitable industry in the cluster, the owner should be very proud of it. (I was about not to show it, but I like very much this building).

17Industry_zps263c188f.jpg

At last, I'll teaser you the next stop, which is the apital, Hallanen. In the picture you'll see the local train station and a general view of the city. (The train that is in the station was coming from Hallenëest).

21HallanenStation_zps85c08fc6.jpg

General View. (On the top left corner, you'll see the other part of the industry cluster of Hallanëest, which is in this city).

06GeneralViewwithUNFountain_zps104261f7.jpg

I really hope you like it, and that it was not too long.

Regards, Esteban.

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Would you be able to help us catch up after a bit of a shortfall?

We had a small shortfall last month. Your donation today would help us catch up for this month.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections