Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

Just a small City Journal I am attempting.

Entries in this City Journal

TheHaso2011

Jmsepe - Thanks! Hopefully it will work in this update

Juliok92012 - I take a screenshot of the region and then use paint to draw lines of different colours.

Welcome to Update 1 of my on-going project - to build a city from a basic plan.

Lets delve straight into the pictures:

The first interchange, where H1 and H2 connect (H2 is the one leaving the region, and H1 is the eventual loop around the 4 city tiles (Junction will be refereed to as J1)):

44Uhhjh.jpg

The railway crossing the H1 just south of the junction:

ekITP6w.jpg

The railway bending in toward the CBD:

RILdJgJ.jpg

The starts of the A1/A2, next to the railway junction just outside the CBD:

EsGj7wY.jpg

The H1 to the west of J1:

fZ0DrOZ.jpg

The unfinished J3 (Junction 3) - It will link the E2 to the H1 (I will probably release a map later on with all the names of the roads):

76E7SDW.jpg

The A1 linking onto the E2, and the E2 then flowing down to the E1 (The CBD ring-road):

kZKOXXB.jpg

Finally, 2 images of the current region view. One is in satellite view and the other in transport view:

AtWp8KP.jpg

GU3VfF1.jpg

One final thing before I sign out. I am limited on lots/bats. If people can link in the comments some good commercial/industrial/residential lots or some parks it would be much appreciated. I am also looking for some decent walls to build up on my raised railways/highways. Thanks in advance.

Note: Struggling to get the images working -.-. Bare with me, hopefully the next one will work properly :P

Hope you guys enjoyed the update, next one will not be until Friday due to me being away.

TheHaso2011

Welcome to my first attempt in a long time at a CJ.

The aim of this little project is for me to show off my little project that I am embarking on. I have exams in a weeks time, so I am revising, but am slotting this in :P. For this part, I will just show off the plan the I quickly made. The entries will follow the development of the city through it stages. Here is the plan:

Y8oCJx6.png

I will try to release a daily update, but with revision and exams they might stretch over a few days :)

Black: = Highway/Motorway

Red = Railway

Green = Avenue

Blue = 2 lane Highway/Motorway (Each side)

The green/blue area in the middle are just highlighted areas for residential/commerce.

I might not be able to get the 2nd post out till Thursday/Friday due to me going away, but I will try my best to make some good ones :P

Note: If anyone can tell me how to make it show the image, would be helpful :P I am using imgur if that is relevant.

Sign in to follow this  

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Would you be able to help us catch up after a bit of a shortfall?

We had a small shortfall last month. Your donation today would help us catch up for this month.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections