Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

A tropical paradise located in the heart of the Indian Ocean, fueled by capitalism and oil

Entries in this City Journal

fan o SC4

Thanks for reading, and welcome back!

A big thanks to the ONE person who actually voted,so just for you, we are going to Asiantown, but I guess thats democracy lol. And a message to would be voters, look for this updates poll!

This is a project I worked on a few months ago, Asiantown, located in the Bismarck Isles province,in the heart of Gunter Beach, it is also in the capital province. This update doesn't have a story element, but the full update could if people wanted it (VOTE BRUH!). Below is the flag of Gunter Beach.
Flag_of_Gunter_Beach_zps45d879b8.png

Below is a chart that entails out nations racial demographics, taken by the State Polling and Census Department, as you can see we are very diverse.
chart_2_zpseb58dee5.png
Anyway Asiantown is home to a thriving expat community, with most of the immigrants here from Japan and North Korea, they bring with them their arts and cuisine; Asiantown is home to both the most sushi restaurants and manga book stores in our country per square kilometer. All North Korean residents were brought in to fill the 'labor gap' during the Communist Period, which ended in 1983, and virtually all Japanese immigrants arrived after.

Despite the fact the communities have very different cultures and interests, they both have concentrated here in Asiantown.
GunterBeach-Oct11301401473013_zps8e6a990Thanks for stopping by, and If you want to know where the beach is in Gunter Beach, stay tuned.

Hope you enjoyed my attempt at Asian

Look for my replies in the comments, please comment, the more comments the merrier! 8)

fan o SC4

Thanks for reading, I'm happy if just a few people enjoy my work.

Okay, so we pick up were we left off, businessman Kevin Hampton has just decided to built a hotel in Orange Plantation, but, he needs to bring in a surveyor find the location, and eventually go purchase a tract of land.

Kevin Hampton's close friend Yasif Salih, a Saudi Arabian national, is Kevin's go-to-guy, Kevin respects him for helping construct his Hotels in Nairobi, Addis Ababa, and Johannesburg (which cater primarily to businessmen and dignitaries, not tourists). Salih has some experience in the emerging tourist market, he's done some work in the Maldives,Seychelles,Mauritius, and South Africa, so Kevin believes his credentials make him the right man for the job.

KaiIslandNorth-Apr13001400627989_zpsf52e

"I woke at like 5am, because a man like myself is used to getting up early. There wasn't anything worth doing in the camper, but I decided to turn on the TV and watch the morning news"

Newsreportfixed_zps59644c0a.png

"The news showed CIC forces clashing with rebels in the African nation of Bombate, I'd be scared if I was the guy in the helicopter, anyway the CIC guys won about half an hour, so with that I went outside to enjoy the sunrise, before I give Yasif a call"

KaiIslandNorth-Jun18001400628489_zps21d4

"Man was the sunrise amazing! I Haven't seen anything this mesmerizing in a long time, a long beach and a sunrise, a moment like this something to live for, and thats something the bourgeois tourists think they can buy. Speaking of buying things I better give Yasif a call, good thing the Riyadh airport takes direct flights to Kaap City, from there he can get a charter flight to here"

(After a little time has passed)

"I gave Yasif a ring, good news, he said he was already in the country, he told he had just got done planning a giant new hotel in Gunter Beach, and that he would be here by noon on a ferry"

KaiIslandCenter-Jul29061400634450_zpsb00"Dennis (the mayor) came and picked me up at about 8am, and insisted he take me to the only restaurant in town, Kyle's Kettle. He told me they served a good breakfast, he wasn't lying, I gotta admit a steak tip omelet was an epic idea! They also had a really cool sandwich that I'll try later, 'Donut Delight', it consisted of a slit donut, and within, a sausage patty, gooey swiss cheese, and crispy bacon, this place is a surefire tourist trap! Anyway me and Dennis talked for awhile again, until about 11am, when I told him I had to meet Yasif at the ferry terminus"

KaiIslandCenter-Aug13061400635682_zpsc01"Yasif greeted me and Dennis, and asked if we already had a spot for the hotel in mind, I told him no. He said he already surveyed the island on Google Maps on the way over, and would just need a final inspection, since he claimed to already have a place in mind. So we got in Dennis' ride and headed back to town"

KaiIslandCenter-Aug19061400636376_zpsebd"Yasif told me this would be the sight of the new hotel, we just move a few trees, and boom! we got ourselves our own Bahamas, this is the best tract of land in the province, no competition, and an airport! but I couldn't quite see it, he said he'd task his crew with making me see it by the evening, he had some pretty good graphic designers in his employment back in Riyadh.

HotelAd_zpsc63a28c3.png"This was the first design Yasif presented, very compelling"

Hotelad__zps6da75816.png"The second hotel looked fine, but I liked the first plan better. I told Dennis that I would like to purchase the land, but he said it's owned by the provincial government, so I will have to contact them to purchase it. I guess I'll need to get a hold of my real estate manager, Viktor Reis. It's already been a long day"

And so here I must close the adventurers of Kevin Hampton, for the CIC is a big country with many stories to tell, now to think of what to do with the next update 8)  

Thanks for reading, and feel free to provide opinion and feedback. Replies will be in the comments.

fan o SC4

Hello and welcome to the Capitalist Island Confederacy, although most people call it the CIC, we are a large country in the Indian Ocean with a diverse historical background. The CIC also has very diverse racial demographics, with people from around the world calling our country home. If people really want it I could create a background update, just ask.

Anyway we will follow an adventure of a businessman scouting out a new location for a hotel. Kevin Hampton, an American entrepreneur, who arrives at the airport of Orange Plantation on behalf of his hotel chain, Kevin Suits.

Orange Plantation is located on Kai Island, which is located in the sparsely populated Mauritsland Province.

KaiIslandCenter-May3061400339357_zpsf277 "I had been to a lot of places, building hotels for rich westerners who want a 'tropical experience', the Caribbean is hard market to get into, Africa is to stereotyped, so, a nice island that nobody's heard of is perfect for my customers, and by looks out of my plane window, this is gold"

KaiIslandCenter-May9061400348655_zps81cb"I stepped out of the door of my plane and felt warm tropical air, so far so good" 

KaiIslandCenter-May13061400350348_zpsfef"I walked over to the only hotel in town to scope out the competition, turns out the only thing stiff about my competitors is the dead mouse I found in the corner of my hotel room! The whole place was run down on the inside, my room was dirty, I will NOT be staying here. Looks like I'll have to walk around town to find somewhere else to stay"

KaiIslandCenter-Jun4061400350890_zps9e79

"I was told the windmill is the towns oldest building, they simply call it Dutch Windmill, its a remnant of this countries Dutch Era, anyway a rich history is always good for the classier tourists who pretend to care" 

KaiIslandCenter-Jun8061400350922_zpsbd83

"I was told this estate was built in the latter German Era, the Gerhardt Manor was built by Otto Gerhardt, the prince of Brotkorbburg. This place is on one half a museum and on the other a refurbished replica of the way the manor used to look, very interesting, this place defiantly has enough history to give those tourists a dose of culture."  

KaiIslandCenter-Jun29061400364567_zps588"Speaking of culture, I went for walk to the other side of town, and was surprised to see so many Japanese style homes, the neighborhood also seemed to have Asian people living here, It seems Asians in this town outnumber others two-to-one, but nonetheless this nice neighborhood is certain to please the tourists.

Also while on my walk I met the mayor, Dennis Roeland, who said he was looking for me to talk business, In our talk I told him about my hotel problem, and he said he would let me stay at his camper on the other side of the island."KaiIslandNorth-Mar10001400364045_zpseb01

"This place is beautiful, the lighthouse view is amazing to say the least. I can just imagine the couples staying at my hotel sending postcards of this! Dennis told me on our drive over that he would be happy to see business move in as long as I paid decent wages and left out spring breakers, I shook on it, so I better call the surveyor  to find a site"  

KaiIslandNorth-Mar23001400369228_zps9652"Me and Dennis talked for awhile, and before we knew it, it was dark. We clicked fast, and I can call Dennis my friend, he will be a helpful ally later. Dennis said he had to get home, and he said goodbye and left me out here for the night. He said he'd give me a tour of the town tomorrow before he left. Anyway I'll call the surveyor tomorrow and we'll find a place to build that hotel, If my customers have half the experience I had this will be a very lucrative locale."

To be continued...

Bonus pic! just an eye candy postcard for your enjoyment

PostCard_zpsa3961474.png

I Hope you enjoyed.

Please comment, feel free to leave suggestions, critiques, and of course, compliments.    

Sign in to follow this  

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Would you be able to help us catch up after a bit of a shortfall?

We had a small shortfall last month. Your donation today would help us catch up for this month.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections