• Entry
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

Gateway to the Eternal Sounds

Entries in this City Journal

InvaderNat

Hi Guys.

This is my first city journal entry - the Habour city of Port Lantea, and first city of the Eternal Sounds region, Neu Westfalen --- Population: 233,359.

SPECIAL THANKS TO RepublicMaster for helping me correct my images (and creating the background story for my ongoing City Journal).

PortLantea_zpsbe7d109f.jpg

I put alot of work into the CBD and Port area in particular so we'll start here.

PortLantea2_zps6ab25a24.jpg

Port Lantea is the Eternal Sound's main Financial Hub and is home to numerous international corporations, many of whom have their global HQs here.

PortLantea3_zps1c348794.jpg

Needless to say it is also the largest commercial port in the region, with large container, LNG, Oil and Cruise-liner facilities as well as a Luxury Marina.

PortLantea4_zpsf5b46e5b.jpg

The port is also home to the nation's largest naval base (at right), but I'll cover that in an upcoming post.

PortLantea6_zps9516ceac.jpg

The busy container-port...

PortLantea7_zps50bc3556.jpg

...operates 24/7

PortLantea8_zps5c004e79.jpg

The NWS Westphalia - a decommissioned Battleship that serves as a tourist attraction for citizens and tourists alike. It is kept in servicable condition in the unlikely chance it should ever be needed.

The Westphalia is a relic launched in 1941 and served in WWII against Imperial Japan in the Pacific, it was upgraded twice before being removed from service in 1985.

PortLantea9_zps25cda2bc.jpg

The port can accommodate up to 4 cruise liners at a time - an important facility for the entire region's tourism industry.

PortLantea10_zps6d057610.jpg

The Spinnaker Tower is the perfect centerpiece for a Marina.

PortLantea11_zps6afd3b9c.jpg

Downtown Mall and open, green space near the main Stadium

PortLantea12_zps7a3ec05f.jpg

PortLantea14_zps43a76fa2.jpg

The main highway (sunken) runs straight through the city and right along the CBD to provide efficient, low-congestion transportation.

PortLantea15_zps2ccaf160.jpg

The main Stadium and Convention Centre are located in the CBD, right next to the main HSR terminal & main Highway for easy, efficient access.

PortLantea16_zps528b4c36.jpg

PortLantea17_zpsd0172c3f.jpg

Large Apartment blocks surround a central park near the CBD

PortLantea5_zps1be6fd1c.jpg

Night-shot of the CBD.

PortLantea24_zpsb929c7dc.jpg

The Central Sports/Cultural district contains a variety of arenas and venues.

PortLantea25_zps23e87866.jpg

PortLantea26_zps50844cc8.jpg

Port Lantea's biggest Church.

PortLantea27_zpsecc13520.jpg

A couple of overviews of the whole city.

PortLantea19_zpsef0de592.jpg

PortLantea18_zps08713293.jpg

PortLantea21_zps984034ba.jpg

PortLantea20_zpsc0f5ab42.jpg

PortLantea23_zpsf08f3116.jpg

PortLantea22_zps6c12ed4a.jpg

That's it for now, more coming soon. hope you all like.

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Would you be able to help us catch up after a bit of a shortfall?

We had a small shortfall last month. Your donation today would help us catch up for this month.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections