• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

Traveling to the 1910's

Entries in this City Journal

debussyman

Iglesia de San Juan

Still no full update yet. BATing everything takes a lot of time! But here's a second teaser:

IglesiadeSanJuan2.png

On the eastern side of the Plaza de San San Juan is the church of the same name. It was built in the XVIII century and was the meeting point of the "Sanjuanistas", a group of thinkers that promoted Enlightment ideas during this time.

A view in the early XX century:

yg.jpg

debussyman

When I first started playing SC4, my favourite subject was my own city; recreating it was my pleasure and delight. However, there weren't any Buildings in the game that could fit in the style, therefore I had to use A LOT of imagination. Eventually I decided to take things in my own hands and started BATting buildings for my town. However, somewhere along the way, I deviated myself from my original intentions and started making BATs from all over the world with no more goal than to enjoy making and sharing them. But now, with the new SC on the horizon, I feel it is time to return to my roots and start again my recreation; hopefully, after so many years I've acquired enough skills to make a better job than when I was a newbie.

I will set the time frame in 1910, the golden years for my city (and the world). I'll try to make it as close to the real thing as possible, basing myself on current surviving buildings from the time as well as old photos, some of which I'll be posting along the Simcity ones. However, as much info as I've been able to gather, I still have to make up many things and sacrifice others because of game limitations. That's why this will be a fictional/real-world-inspired city.

Taking into account that I pretty much have to make every single building from scratch, updates will be slow and probably feature one or two pictures. That's why I beg you to bear with me... : :)

Now, without further ado, I give you... Emérita Augusta

First teaser:

We are now entering the city through the southern gate...

EmeritaTeaser.png

As you can see from this little perspective, we are in a square, called Parque de San Juan. The XX century has brought modernity to it: you can see the french-influenced houses and the freshly laid down pavement. This is how it looked just 20 years ago, in the 1890's:

Arco.jpg

Hope you enjoyed this little appetizer... there's more to come! ;D

Sign in to follow this  

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Get the best of the best from the STEX!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange. Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections