Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

This City Journal is Unique - Its a Minecraft City Journal.

Entries in this City Journal

rugeley123

Well, hope you have had a great start to the New Year and I welcome you to the new metro System of the City. Well, its not all complete yet but will bring the Masses to the centre of an amazing city. So, I'll cut my main chatter here and lets make a start!

Your Mayor of MCBC

Jan

Who remembers the old Subway Map. it had two subway lines: St Welhburg and the City Line. Well, if you can't remember it, lets now have a new look!

tubemapold.png

Well, if you thought that was complicated, you now need to see the new metro system map!

tubemapnew.png

This new system has been a great peice of engineering to work on. A lot more Stations and even a new introduction to the system can occur. We have all of our new lines, which cost a total of over $32 Billion to construct. That isn't all though. Because of it being such a hefty project, we still have a lot to do! Our old city line has been renamed and all our routes now have route numbers. The serive also serves most of the City and a new loop around St. Welhburg on the Central City will mean even better services!

Well, shall we take a look at what work we have done?

Royal Square Station in the Centre of the City seems to become a Hub. All but one of the lines passes through this station and many start from here. There is over 10 platforms for all services so it has became the Baker Street of Fango City.

85421780.png

Another new concourse has set the station into becoming the Intermodel Hub with more types of Transit to follow.

62227033.png

Each of the new lines has it's own Seperate Stair Cases with a lower Concourse for quicker interchanges below

50385323.png

Howardsend Will become a Terminus for the Royal Square and District line (Howardsend Branch). Many of the New Services will be able to bring up commuters coming from this district to the Centre by nearly 2000% (predicted by the District Council of Howardsend)

54957522.png

Our New lines are now electified bringing better, ecofriendly and more efficient services around the City.

94338415.png

Services from the Centre to Nonatown will bring new fortune to the city, Making the best out of its population. Nonatown is one of the Founding Cities of FANGO and brings major development to the other districts.

95462172.png

Our looped end lines means no need to keep changing driver ends and means a more efficent service can operate.

57547177.png

Another Route to Osktown will also mean that the service can run more efficiently with masses of passengers. Both the Nonatown and Osktown lines

will run together (Much like the Hammersmith and City / Circle Lines in London).

57993079.png

These signs are made Clear so that we can keep our arriving and Departing Passengers Seperate. We don't want conjestion on the Staircases.

Platforms A and B are used in order to Keep people from being confused by the Route Numbers.

37283014.png

Our district line is the first proper subway line on the Network and is based upon the Wirral Line found in Liverpool City Area up until Birkenhead.

It is a proper rounded tunnel - also known as a Deep tunnel Line.

71968804.png

The District line, because of its split route, has another Concourse to keep the platform free of waiting passengers. It splits into two halfs

and is the deepest of the lines.

55814602.png

Keeping Passengers Informed of where the Services Operate to!

81142670.png

The Tunnel again is electrified. Have you noticed the Rouned tunnel area?

11023706.png

Well, that was a quick look into what work has been done on the New Network. I hope to see you again soon but I have two loverly images to leave you with.

39407265.png

50101588.png

Hope to see you again soon!

(Please note, many of these images were taken on 1.8.1 beta before stair blocks could be placed on there side or in another way, shape or form. Therefore, the rounding was done to the ability shown by the software)

rugeley123

Welcome to one of The many suburbs of F.A.N.G.O City - St-Welhburg. The place name comes from a Tram station in Manchester, UK - St Welhburg Road. All but two of the house blocks of the Town are wooden, a Tradition building material of the Town. This was because before the town was there, it was a forest until the building of the International Airport, where Trees had to be destroyed in order for the aircraft to safely land and take-off. It has since been tradition for all the buildings to be built out of wood in a very similar style - the exceptions maybe being the Subway and Train Stations.

I suppose I better start showing you some Images of the Area so that we don't run out of time (and there is only 19 to get through!)

Welcome to St-Welhburg

69840498.png

A view from St-Welhburg towards the City Centre

37686986.png

Overhead view of St-Welhburg at night - You can also see the airport to the right

81831242.png

A Similar Image - Just in Daylight

70912306.png

The View from St-Welhburg at night towards the city - You cannot see the Cathedral because of the darkness

59529385.png

One of the 2 Main Hotels of St-Welhburg. This is very close to the Square.

38512336.png

The Ticket / Information desk for the Subway and Suburban Trains. There is no HS from St-Welhburg

92263338.png

St-Enoch Subway Stn - The most interesting Subway Station on the Line

79810003.png

Looking from the Beach

84912722.png

St-Enoch

17298429.png

St-Enoch Harbour

12647818.png

What a Place to approach and land on!

21592140.png

Butchers - A very interesting building from the inside

96666127.png

View from the Butchers

22099301.png

Proper Suburban houses

92744095.png

A view towards the Sea

11379056.png

17th Street

91768079.png

The Railway Station

80412046.png

Back on the Train we go...

48589686.png

I hoped you enjoyed your tour around St-Welhburg today - Please comment below and I'll see you again soon

Thank you

rugeley123

rugeley123

Fango City, what a Name. Built into the Mountain of Humblesin and situated between a coastline and Lake, the whole city Started off as just one tower with another one added to it. At the moment, it is still a Traditional Town with some nearby Communities and only one airport (Since the City Airport Closed Down), its a small Hub for those who need to get there Daily Supplies. Well, even a Supermetropolis has to start somewhere...

Well - I suppose I better Show You some Images at the moment:

This is Fango City (Central) from the View of St-Giles

bccentre.jpg

This is a local village Called St-Giles (building work for the City Commute is already Underway)

stgilesp.jpg

This is St-Welhburg (The name came from a Manchester Metrolink Station). You can see the Airport Runway on the right of the Image.

stwelhburg.jpg

This is the International Airport From the Outside

airportv.jpg

I hope you have Enjoyed this Entry and please comment below!

Thanks for reading and Drop by again

rugeley123

Sign in to follow this  

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Would you be able to help us catch up after a bit of a shortfall?

We had a small shortfall last month. Your donation today would help us catch up for this month.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections