Sign in to follow this  
  • Entry
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

Farm Town to Boom Town

Entries in this City Journal

Beren Erchamion

Anderson Bay is a natural harbor of the Alanson Ocean, located on the west coast of Merduria. The region around Anderson Bay remains sparsely populated; Emperor Norton I of Merduria first opened this area to settlement fifty years ago, and to this day it is a primarily agricultural region.

regionview1.jpg

(if Anderson Bay looks like the San Francisco/Oakland Bay area, that's because it is--the base map for this is phuzzy3d's ).

The "major city," as it were, of the Anderson Bay area is Gary. With a population of roughly 2,100, Gary is the only incorporated community in the region, and is the hub of all activity. Boasting both a Home Depot AND a Wal-Mart, as well as a Pizza Hut(!), Gary is clearly a metropolis in the making. Mayor Harold Hill is certainly proud of his community, and urges you to come visit the weekly performances on the bandstand.

Once they can budget the money for it and build it, that is.

garymosaic1.jpg

South of Gary, you'll see the Peabody-Prine Coal Company's Big Green Muhlenberg mine. Coal from this mine is shipped via Mr. Peabody's coal train to feed the Anderson Bay Power Cooperative's Gary Plant. Currently, ABPC Gary consists of a single generating unit, with a capacity of approximately 8 GWh.

Sign in to follow this  

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Would you be able to help us catch up after a bit of a shortfall?

We had a small shortfall last month. Your donation today would help us catch up for this month.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections