Sign in to follow this  
  • Entry
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

My first foray into city journals and my first interaction with the Simtropolis Community

Entries in this City Journal

dovieandi

Hi there, I've been playing the Sim City series for over a decade now, but only found Simtropolis and the potential that the community have added to SC4 in the last 2 years. I've always wanted to make a city journal but never felt my cities were really good enough until I had some practice with the ridiculous amounts of custom content. So a year and a half later I've finally made something I feel is worthy of starting a city journal with. The image is pretty big so I hosted it on the new stash feature from deviantart. Not sure if simtropolis can host images this large, if anyone knows let me know please.

My link

Its unnamed, and took about 2 days of on and off work. The buildings are mostly just placeholders. The majority are still maxis buildings which I plan to replace. The city is self sufficient too, it actually functions and is profitable which I like to do when working on good looking cities. Any suggestions or recommendations on how to improve or change parts of the city as it stands would be very much appreciated.

With this City Journal I plan to upload bits and pieces; some good, some bad. And finally I might cover how I do things in my kind of semi-newbie way and learn from some local veteran players at the same time =)

Thanks guys,

-Dov

Sign in to follow this  

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Would you be able to help us catch up after a bit of a shortfall?

We had a small shortfall last month. Your donation today would help us catch up for this month.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections