New Chandler III

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Winchester: IFL All Star Game bid

Sign in to follow this  
k50

I've been playing with GIMP a little bit. I'm personally most impressed with myself with the train station (look at the signs) and the arena (scoreboard and court). Also, this entry (in city journal sections, not in AIFF bidding sections) has an optional voting portion! Enjoy!

Winchester is bidding to host the International Futsal League (IFL) All-Star Game. The logo is the IFL logo against the New Chandler colors.

The game would take place in the New Chandler National Futsal Center. Although it is relatively small, it is by far the most suitable venue for this event.

Arena logo.

Arena picture.

Going inside...

The court.

The arena is located in southern Winchester, in the Kensington District. This name was chosen by Benedict on Simtropolis a very long time ago.

The Canal Riviera Hotel, operated by Westin, is where athletes would stay for the event. It is adjacent to the Winchester Athletics Annex (where the arena is).

The Winchester Castle is once where the Spanish Crown's oversighter of the Gigá province ruled and lived. Now, it is a museum.

This is a work-in-progress image of a highway interchange next to the Winchester Athletics Annex. 

Here is a picture of the complex. Notice in the two corners glimpses of the Winchester Garden Arena and the New Chandler National Futsal Center. Although the Winchester Garden Arena normally holds more people than the Futsal Center, it is usually configured in a soccer/american football/baseball formation, and a futsal configuration would end up having a smaller capacity than the National Futsal Center. In the middle of the picture is the subway station.

An inside view of the state-of-the-art subway station. On your left side of the platform are trains leading to the Central Core, on the right are trains heading north to Ashton. A digital board displays how far away the trains are from arriving.

For my city journals, I have a section where YOU SHOULD VOTE! Parking lots are all over the Winchester Athletics Annex. However, residents in Kensington want to see more colorful apartments instead of parking lots. After the event would take place, should the community...

Option A: Keep the parking lots. Parking is very important in a location like this one.
Option B: Build the apartments. More residents and colorful apartments would make the Kensington District look more pretty.
Option C: Build some of the apartments planned, but keep some parking lots. Although the drabby lots would still be there, there would still be a little splash of color.

Sign in to follow this  

6 Comments

Recommended Comments

It's great to see one of your updates after a hard study night! You've got a very nice district here, where have you downloaded the brown apartment midrises? Also, great photoedition on the station pic...

I vote for C!

Share this comment

Parking is very important in an area like this, but the vast expanse of concrete would cause the area to look more like a concrete jungle than a multimillion dollar complex.  I suggest you construct some or all of the apartments.  Then in ideal locations construct entrances to an underground parking complex.  The nice thing about it is they take up little space and parking lots can be however large you need them to be.  There should be some underground parking garages floating around on the STEX.  Hope that helps and good luck.

Share this comment

I am back! I just passed through Simtropolis and decided to look at your CJ. Looks excellent compared to the old Winchester. I vote for C by the way. Happy Building!

Share this comment

Man its good with all those parking lots... but with some apartments+ parking lot it would look much better. So C

Share this comment