• Views

Blackmoor Mega-Mosaic: ROFLyoshi's First Mosaic

Sign in to follow this  
ROFLyoshi

Replies:

Jamonbread: Thanks!

Weecaeks: Thanks!

samness7: Thanks for the tip. I will do that in the future,

heitomat: Thanks, it feels great to impress someone who I take a lot of inspiration from.

And a personal note: I am somewhat dismayed by the 3.75 rating.  I have been following it from 4.50 to it coasting gently down to about 4.18, which means that everyone is rating it 4, and thats fine. But by that, I can see someone has downrated it. :(

Not to be selfish, but sometimes I think the ST rating system is flawed...

Well, down to buisness:

mosaic1.jpgmosaic2p.jpgmosaic3q.jpgmosaic4.jpgmosaic5.jpgmosaic6.jpg

Says it all.

Please comment!

-ROFLyoshi

Sign in to follow this  

8 Comments

Recommended Comments

Awesome mosaic! I especially like the rail viaduct and the rail winding in the valley.. I like rails, you know.  I do have to say that I think the bottom avenue bridge looks a little bit strange, though.. Those pillars look a bit odd to me, but I guess it's a kind of workaround for the embankment pieces..? Anyway, don't get me wrong: I love the update. More, please! 

Share this comment

Very nice! I like very much your usage of the TuLEPs (as I said before) and I see a bridge in the left end of tyour mosaic... I wonder where it leads... On the other hand, I also see some garbage on the streets, hope your sanitation services aren't on strike!

Great job overall!

As for the downrating, there's a large number of CJs that have been severely downrated around here, not just yours, not just mine...

Share this comment

REPLIES:

Samerton: Thanks! Its my first one

Reikhardt: Your CJ is definitely worth more than 4.20!

heitomat:
I never would of guessed you like rail, you haven't really shown much in your CJ hahah . I suppose I could move the station 1 tile forward so it sits right up against the overpass and makes the pillars unseen from this angle.
That viaduct crossing the river, then the avenue, then the other river took quite a while to get right, as I have a quite strict slope mod.

TekindusT:
I can't go without TuLEPs. Every intersection must have them. I'm going to criticise, there is no TuLEPs for MAVE-6, which is quite annoying (but I'm sure that the NAM team are working on it).
I'm having quite a problem with garbage. I'm using the Black Hole Trash and Energy Lot, but I think it may be causin my mayor rating to rapidly drop into the red.
One thing I would fix about the ST Rating system is that you can see who has rated your CJ. That way you can report downraters to ST, but things could get messy as you'd have to go through a process where you justify your actions, etc.

Share this comment

Ah I see. To be honest, I don't think there is a problem with it; I like the look. But yes, there is nothing I can do (other than change the actual bridge).

Share this comment

You're right. However, to my experience there's an "issue" with the underbridge embankment pieces; the sandstone texture tend to show through the road textures of the bridge, leaving the player no other choices than choosing the bridge you've used, or to raise the land to make two different levels for the bridge (higher) and the embankment (lower). But by all means, I never meant to say that you should change the type of bridge. It looks great. 

Share this comment