• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

CAPTAIN'S LOG 00001

Sign in to follow this  
spursrule14

What is so large, and so infinite, that anything you imagine about it likely exists? Space..

Welcome to Alien Worlds...where an entire universe waits to be discovered

alienworlds.jpg

CAPTAIN'S LOG

NUMBER: 00001

EARTH DATE: OCTOBER 22, 2072

MISSION DATE: DAY 0001

interior2_4_clay.jpg522e42d6-8fd2-41b6-a497-3901b1c88ac7Large.jpg

This is my first entry in what will be no doubt a multitude of excitement and fear. I am Drake S. Eastman of the United States Navy - Space Division, captain of the U.S.S. Hubble, patriot of the United States of America, and welcomer of all peoples as we embark on mankind's greatest expedition. Our mission: to make known the unknown.

U.S.S. Hubble

1671644-xs.jpg

We have just begun our journey, and are roughly 10,000 miles outside Earth's orbit, en route to the Moon. From the Moon we will visit Mars, then catch Venus as it transitions to that side of the Sun's orbit, then we will make way for the outer reaches of the solar system - visiting Titan and Triton as we make Pluto our final destination before we set course for Alpha Centauri (our neighbor and nearest system). The Hubble is equipped with an experimental wormhole drive, making traveling extreme distances through space possible. However, the distance between worlds in our own system is too small for us to generate a wormhole, so we must travel at the ship's cruising speed of 27,420 mph. Our discovery efforts will be primarily conducted by near-surface flyovers of alien worlds. These flyovers will be conducted by skilled astronauts piloting one of the five Hubble Exploration Shuttles on board the ship. Each HEX is able to withstand a large variety of temperatures and weather conditions throughout space. Our first real-world test of the HEX outside of Earth-based simulations will be the Moon. Seeing the American flag planted firmly in the lunar soil will be a fitting overture to this great journey.

Hubble Exploration Shuttle ("HEX")

hexlv.jpg

It will take us approximately five years to reach Pluto. We have on board a stellar crew of capable men and women from various nations and professions. Most were selected based on their age and reproductive health, in the event that colonization becomes required for our survival, whether on board the ship or elsewhere. However I have seen a variety of ages the few times I have already strolled down the cold metal corridors. I have even passed a few children, of which brings even further symbolism, triumph, and even spirituality to this endeavor. Yet I am afraid I will find myself more of a governor than a captain. Godspeed.

-Capt. Drake S. Eastman, U.S.S. Hubble

Sign in to follow this  

2 Comments

Recommended Comments