• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

OSITM Special part 6: Back to the forests!

Sign in to follow this  
Nardo69

Hello to All!

Today's the last day of my OSITM week. And in the final update we go back to the roots forests so noone has to worry if he's in the right CJ or not ...! 2.gif

OSITM Special part 6: Back to the forests!

You might know Emmelshausen already as I showed pictures of it before, one of it made it even into the SFBW Hall of Fame!  16.gif

OSITM 6.01

Overview of the northeastern corner of the map. To the left the Mühlbach and the Landesstraße (state road) are leaving to Schwarzritters Mühlem to left a road connecrts to Hochrot.

The ridge isn't completed by now...

OSITM 6.02

... but so you can see how I lay dirt tracks in the woods. 2.gif

OSITM 6.03

The Mühlbach Valley. To the left you can see an early trials only with c.p. trees. You can see why I didn't continued this on the right! 2.gif

OSITM 6.04

The village of Emmelshausen. In order to gain height the railway passes the village in a wide 180° degree curve.

OSITM 6.04a

The small lake was made after a fire which almost couldn't have been distinguished because of a lack of water. Thanks to this fire water pond this danger was banned. However the now increased ground water level destabilized the hill so that a massive reatining was necessary in order to save the factories between the railway line and the pond. Otherwise the hole area might have gone to the valles ...

OSITM 6.05

The Mühlbach valley above Emmelshausen.  While the railway and the creek are sharing the small valley the road went up the hill and accesses the small hamlet Steinrod.

OSITM 6.06

This is the picture that won 5 rounds in the SFBW (SimForum Picture Competition) and eventually went into the Hall of Fame.

The props at the level crossing are missing due to some harddisk problems. (by now I could restore most of them)

OSITM 6.07

The other side of the level crossing. The props have reappeared as you can see! 2.gif

So, everything has to come to its end. And to close this weeks I prepared some closeups for you:

OSITM 6.08

The Mühlbach inside Emmelshausen.

OSITM 6.09

As you can see I used quite some stones due to the topography.

OSITM 6.10

I placed church and cemetery at a high point at the edge of the village.

OSITM 6.11

I just loved that view into the Mühlbach valley.

And finally, a small fireworks to celebrate the birthday of SC4Devotion:

Fireworks!

That's it. That was my OSITM 4in1 Special week, the next update will be in the "normal rhythm" ...  21.gif

I hope you had as much fun as I had. But now I need to play the game in order to have enough picture for the next update ...

Untill then:

Have fun!

Bernhard 44.gif

Sign in to follow this  

9 Comments

Recommended Comments

Great updates, Bernhard. In all these updates I've always found something to amaze me. Great to see your rural pics again, I like them the most, even though the fortified town in last update was of huge inspiration to me. Looking forward to more!

BTW, it looks like there's a tiny spot of water missing under the bridge in the lower left corner of picture 6.08.. (Sorry, but everything else is just so perfect..) 

Share this comment

@TekindusT: So I guess you enjoyed my tour de force? 

@sbh565: Glad you liked them.
If just someone told me earlier how easy animated GIFs can be made ...

@bwong: Thanks for your compliment!

@ImVhOzzi: No, no more special week ... Actually with my "speed"   of playing the game after two weeks like this I had to stop updating for months ...
But there's a regular update coming.

@Samerton:  Thanks for your compliment!

@eufl: You, too? 

@JGellock: Thanks for your compliment!

Share this comment