• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Update 22: Schwarzritters M

Sign in to follow this  
Nardo69

Hello to All!

Hope you haven't completely forgotten ol' Papa Nardo but yes, there's another update - now! Took some time, had some problems with my old box (should replace my pre-war box someday with something newer I guess ...), what I tried to finish couldn't be finished because it was/is mork that I thought, an urban project is about to be killed because I started it the wrong way so waht to do?

Well, there was that small map. Tried out, learned and developed a lot of new things on it but never decided to release the update because there were always these pesky little corners that did not made me feel good about ...

Update 22: Schwarzritters Mühle (re)visited part 1

Schwarzritters Mühle (Black Knight's Mill) is a small 1200 soul village and as "important" as its neighbour Rammelsbach. The name is derivated from the Mill that stood here at the creek Mühlbach between appr. 900 and 1800 AD which flows here in the Ihner. Unlike the Ihner that suprises its neighbours each year with a hundred year flood the water flow of the Mühlbach is rather stable and more suitable for a mill.

That mill was quite a long time the property of the family Ritter von Schwarz zu Emmelsberg which terrorized the region as robber-knights and blackmailed high tolls from the ships passing on the Ihner. In 1372 AD the last son of the family was caught here with his accomplices. After a short trial he was sentenced to death. On the small hill above the village he was decapitated and his accomplices hung.

On the Galgenberg (gallows hill) people had been executed untill 1824. The last delinquent was a beggar accused for stealing some meat and bred ...

If you know where to look at you still can find the stone where the poor souls lost their head as well as the foundation of the six corner gallows in the woods ...

The mill burned down to ground on June 16th 1800 and wasn't reerected - too much other mills in the county. It's foundations had been cleared in 1864 to make place for the foundation of the railway bridge.

After a little bit of history now the pictures! 2.gif

Pic 22.01

The (rather recent) Overview.

To the left you find Ihnersteinberg, one of the first maps I began under Windows 7 beta after the long hiatus. To the lower edge we would leave to Rammelsbach, at the upper edge to Emmelshausen and to the left you would a small town under construction.

Pic 22.02

An older screen shot. Above the diagonal grey street you'll see the Galgenberg (gallows hill).

I loved the railway trace with the two FARR curves but that setup gave me some problems to solve and I am still not yet 100% satisfied ...

Pic 22.03

The Mühlbach flows into the Ihner. One of my earliest halfway presentable tries with MM props and Maxis water. To the left ...

Pic 22.04

... we'll find that small water Taxis. I installed them on all maps at that river but noone uses them ... 33.gif

Pic 22.05

CBD" with the railway bridge and the embankment with the culvert for the Mühlbach which was build like this due to high water protection.

Pic 22.06

The bridge over the Mühlöbach from another angle. You'll see some pictures with trains ... later! 2.gif

Pic 22.07

I tried a lot in this corner. Eventually it became that SFBT church ...

Pic 22.08

The Kirchweg (church street) continues parallel to the railway line towards the Galgenberg.

Pic 22.09

Because of bad geological conditions a short tunnel was bound to be build here otherwise the hole hill would have become instable.

Pic 22.10

The streets of the previous pictures ends at the B284 (national road 284) which passes the whole Ihner valley.

Pic 22.11

When I saw that vineyard growing I decided to plant a big vineyard on that hill and downloaded the BSC fields as parks ...

Pic 22.12

I like autumn in the vineyards! 1.gif

And yes, today the vine plants are usually planted in rows down to the valley because of all the machines. But the props look better this way and the rows parallel to the contour lines is more ecologic due to reduced ground erosion. 2.gif

Pic 22.13

Some retaining walls between vineyards and houses.

Pic 22.14

At the end of the village you can see this dry drainage ditch between vineyard and railway lines. And yes, the trees at the railway line need some trimming...

... in one oft the next updates!  2.gif

Have fun!

(and don't forget to make backups!)

Bernhard 44.gif

Sign in to follow this  

9 Comments

Recommended Comments

After all this time; I still hadn't rated this CJ... Obviously, you've gotten a 5/5, I wonder who was the you-know-what who gave you less than this...

And this is another brilliant update, I've only missed a couple of trains passing by. I've specially loved the Mühlbach Bridge pic...

Share this comment

Wow....love all the greenery. Kind of the type of update I am attempting to create....excellent inspiration.

DC 

Share this comment

After a long time I´m looking again and again i´m amazed. And this picture where You show the beck flowing into the river is not "halfway presentable", it´s more a kind of outstanding...
greetings, eufl

Share this comment

Hi Nardo, great CJ with amazing detail! Plz can you tell me where you got those realistic powerlines from there lovely.Thnx

Share this comment

@Samerton: Thanks for the compliment my friend! 

@tigeria: Thanks for the compliment my friend! 

@Reikhardt: Thanks for the compliment my friend! 

@TekindusT: Thanks for the vote! Well, yes, I also wonder why I got such a low rating comapred with others but then again ... after such a logn time in this "business" (), after two trixies I am not too dependant on Trixies. And as long as I find the time and the insiration and some people interested in my work I'll go on!

@DCMetro34: Thanks for the compliment my friend! 

@Apankou: Thanks for the compliment my friend! 

@eufl:
 Glad you liked ot. You know, life can be sometimes real a pain in the ... if you have someone like Nardo69 looking over your shoulder all the time ...

@Chilli22Thanks for the compliment my friend! 
The modell is the original Maxis one repainted in aluminium grey by Pegasus - you'll find the mod here

Share this comment