Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Twin Peaks- growing and modern.

Sign in to follow this  
thadividedsky

Water taxis were built along with a CBD with a canal running through it. A forest was planted and a tunnel built through the north volcano to connect the Old CBD with the new CBD.

TwinPeaks-101710-1.jpgThis is a shot of the Industrial sector. Boulders and rocks were brought in to prevent errosion. ;) A water taxi was built to connect the Island and Wilson.

TwinPeaks-closerlookoftheindustrialportaa night shot of the industrial sector.

TwinPeaks-HamiltonPublicSchools.jpgHamilton Bluffs Education complex overlooks the farms. The town council is thinking of putting to vote weather or not to allocate public funds to erect a retaining wall in front of the schools.

TwinPeaks-southhamiltonlookingsouth.jpgJust to avoid confusion. Hamilton is comprised of North Hamilton (the new section of town) and South Hamilton (the old section). The farms are protected and can not be turned into any other type of zone due to the citizens of Hamilton voting to preserve Historical South Hamilton. This is looking at South Hamilton from the east.

TwinPeaks-HamiltonismodernwithskyscraperThis is North Hamilton. Kenai University as well as George Washington Field (where the Kenai Warriors play-SimCollege Football) reside in North Hamilton. The Hamilton Nighthawks play in Alexander Hamilton Stadium in the Simnational Baseball League. TwinPeaks-oldandnewhamilton.jpg

North and South Hamilton are not directly connected with roads, streets or avenue. My intention was to cut down on traffic through the historic Hamilton and force anyone who lives in South Hamilton who wishes to work in North Hamilton to utilize the highway. Most residents of South Hamilton choose to work there. Shops line the streets, the farms employ a lot of people and the resrt only hires people from South Hamilton.

TwinPeaks-theresidentialareaofNorthHamilThis is a night shot of Hamilton Estates from the east.

TwinPeaks-greatnightshotofnewyearsinHamiHappy New Year from the Mayors mansion in Hamilton.

TwinPeaks-TheTwinPeaksMayorlivesinHamiltA closer look at the mayors mansion next to Mountain View Cemetary.

TwinPeaks-dawninTwinPeaks.jpgBack to Twin Peaks. The forest has been planted. This is Twin Peaks at dawn with the new tram system in place.

TwinPeaks-closelookatmodernTwinPeaks.jpgThis is Twin Peaks during the day.

TwinPeaks-thisshotwastakenrightbeforeIbuThe forest was officialy named Twin Peaks Forest. The trees were transplanted from Wilson in a show of good faith. The new CBD is visible. It is part of Twin Peaks.

TwinPeaks-CBDatnight.jpgCentral Financial District from the north. The canals are by simgoober. Residential towers were erected to provide enough housing for expansion of the CBD.

TwinPeaks-tunnelgoingthroughthemountain.This is a night shot of the tunnel that was built through the north mountain. Locals in Hamilton were concerned with the contruction of the tunnel. They were afraid it would awaken the volcano and destroy their way of life. Nothing happened and now it is 1 of the busiest roadways in the city as it connects the old CBD with the new CBD.

TwinPeaks-theOCBwith1stave.jpg

TwinPeaks-moreofOCBDwith1stave.jpg

TwinPeaks-heartofthecity.jpg

these 3 are of 1ST Avenue from the OCBD through Twin Peaks and connects to the NCBD through the mountain as well as around it.

TwinPeaks-oldCBD-1.jpgOCBD at night looking south. The other side of the tunnel through the mountain at night.

TwinPeaks-HamiltonEstatesatnight.jpgHamilton Estates from the west at night.

TwinPeaks-earlyshotoftheNCBD.jpgThis is an early shot of the NCBD before the towers moved in. I know, lots of pics. :)

KenaiRiver-updatedtransportmap.jpgThis is the current transport map with total population. And now, a shot of current Kenai Province and a teaser of Wilson Estates and the Wilson Provincial Forest. ;DKenaiRiver-teaser2.jpg

Wilson-teaser-1.jpg

I hope you have enjoyed this entry. Thank you for your visit. Do Svidaniya :D

Sign in to follow this  

3 Comments

Recommended Comments

It looks good! Keep going! The only thing I don't like is how bumpy you made your mountain. Try to give it ledges and make it less step.

Share this comment

Thanks for the input. I will try to do that, I'm thinking of adding a trail to the top of the  big mountain to smooth things out. It'd be cool if I could find a lookout tower or something similar for a park on the brim of the volcano crater. I'd like to plant trees as well, I love forestation lol.

Share this comment

I actually like the steepness of the mountain its something that is needed in the CJ section of Simtropolis ... much needed uniqueness 

Share this comment