• Views

Chapter 6| Episode 35

Sign in to follow this  
Follarch

1-6.png

Shortly afterward,

Inside the main lobby...

2-6.jpg

Trellian.gifCommander Trellian: Tristan, I've seen you spit in the eyes of death before, but damn, I thought you really were a gonner.

Trellian and Panin followed Tristan into the building and through the lobby. The three of them were heading toward the sublevels of the tower so they could command the investigation into the missile attack.

tristan2.jpgChancellor Tristan: I got lucky. I was in the tower's lobby when I heard the two explosions. They were powerful enough to shake the whole building, and then that's when I heard the several smaller explosions and I knew I wouldn't have time to make it out. So...I used this.

Tristan then pulled his coat sleeve up, uncovering the device strapped to his wrist. Both Trellian and Panin stared at it, confused over the unknown device.

untitled-1.jpgVice Chancellor Panin: What is it?

tristan2.jpgChancellor Tristan: A little present from the Myon. It's a Beaming Transponder. The Myon had Beaming technology, so they installed a reciever in the OMI building that had a certain range, which basically covers the whole city. Wherever I am in the city, if I activate this, the reciever locates my transponder, and I'm beamed to the OMI building safe and sound. It, takes a lot of power to operate though, It can only be used every several hours or so.

untitled-1.jpgVice Chancellor Panin: So, then I have the Myon to thank for your life.

tristan2.jpgChancellor Tristan: Yup. Curious though how I've had this reciever for ages now and our technicians still can't replicate it. It's amazing how complex Myon technology is.

Trellian.gifCommander Trellian: We really could use this beaming tech.

tristan2.jpgChancellor Tristan: Yes, but for now, a good ol' Raven does the job of transporting just fine for now.

3-6.jpg

The trio walked through halls toward the rear of the tower and came upon a large lift. Stepping onto it and activating the console, the lift descended down, below the lobby and ground floor level. Red lights were spaced evenly along the elevator shaft, providing lighting for the occupants. After a minute, the lift stopped some several dozen feet below the ground floor, and the three stepped off and continued down a hallway.

4-7.png

tristan2.jpgChancellor Tristan: So, I'm sure you two know more about the attack than I do. Fill me in.

Trellian.gifCommander Trellian: Well, the only thing we do know, is that the two missiles that hit the Chancellor's Tower were military grade weapons outfitted to be clusterbombs.

tristan2.jpgChancellor Tristan: Ugh, when will the day come where my country isn't attacked by it's own weapons?

untitled-1.jpgVice Chancellor Panin: We've been doing extensive amunitions checks ever since the end of the war, but somehow these aggressors remain well equiped.

Trellian.gifCommander Trellian: And Panin has a theory about who may be behind the attacks too.

Panin then turned to Trellian and gave him a stern look, which made her look back at her, defying her glare.

Trellian.gifCommander Trellian: You should tell him.

tristan2.jpgChancellor Tristan: What? What is it?

They all stopped and Tristan turned to stare Panin in the eyes. She sighed and folded her arms.

untitled-1.jpgVice Chancellor Panin: I only thought that...it, could have been the...FLF.

Tristan stared into her eyes long and hard, remembering those three letters. What they meant and what their impact on Follomer history had been. What they're impact on him had been.

tristan2.jpgChancellor Tristan: Follomer Liberation, huh...

Tristan backed up to the side and leaned against the wall, folding his own arms. His eyes drifted to the floor.

tristan2.jpgChancellor Tristan: There's a name I swear had been forgotten...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bay Star Hotel, Downtown St. Krist City

5-5.jpg

The glass doors to the hotel slid open and a man walked on through out into the sun, the sound of sirens in the distance. He walked out alongside the reflecting pool and raised a lighter to his mouth, igniting a cigarette before stopping as his cellphone rang.

He slipped it out of his pocket, flipped it open and put it to his head.

manRua.jpgRua: You're late.

He continued to walk away from the hotel and headed to the crosswalk.

manRua.jpgRua: You should be proud of your toys, they took down the whole building.

6-5.jpg

The light turned red for the cars, and he started cross like any other usual man on his phone would.

manRua.jpgRua: And now every emergency service in the city is busy dealing with the debris and remains. The city police are spread very thin because of your stunt.

He continued walking down the sidewalk after crossing, the river being on the other side of the road.

7-2.jpg

manRua.jpgRua: Yes, it's taken care of. Yes, you have my word that the Chancellor was indeed inside the building when it collapsed.

Rua came up to the Venture Telecomm and Entertainment building, the crowd becoming more thick.

8-2.jpg

Above him on the large monitor, the city police chief was making a statement somewhere in downtown about the attack on the Chancellor's tower.

manRua.jpgRua: And it seems the attack is on every major television network in the country. You've caught their attention, now what?

He kept on walking, past several passerby's who paid no attention to an average joe on his phone.

9-1.jpg

He then passed the building and began to cross the light rail line. He headed towards the seawall, the end of his little journey.

manRua.jpgRua: You do realize the level of chaos that will create? Just wanted to make sure that was your intention before I let you collect the blood of hundreds on your hands.

He passed the planted trees and benches before finally stopping at the waterfront, staring out over the bay and its crystal blue water.

10-1.jpg

manRua.jpgRua: Yeah, I understand. You do what you want, I'll take care of my part.

Rua then hung up and slipped his phone back into his pocket. Leaning against the wall, he stared out across the bay at the towering building before him. The Office of Military Intelligence was a stunning sight. Many citizen thought of it as the nation's most amazing landmark. But very few actually knew of it's complicated defense network, set apart from the rest of the country's defense network. It was essentially a fortress, but it looked to the common eye more like a tourist trap.

manRua.jpgRua: Now...how am I going to break you open to get to your prize?

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

And such a prize it was. For whoever controlled the life of the leader, controlled the country he ruled.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sign in to follow this  

2 Comments

Recommended Comments

Rua is an interesting character...

I really like how the city looks, the light rail plazas, the plazas, and the buildings that make the city look urban yet open.

Share this comment