• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

The Daily Routine

Sign in to follow this  
TekindusT

Comment Replies

A note on the "Fourth Pic": I decided to show this picture trying to "shock" the readers and to show something I'm working on this days. I like to experiment with different city concepts when I'm not playing "the original way" and now I'm centered on Paris-like old cities; although I keep working in the ghetto.

CIUU96: Thanks for your comment!

dghh70: Thank you for commenting! I thought on placing a blast pad, but I decided not placing it to give more the feeling of a bad planning.

k50dude: Thanks for your comment, my friend! More or less the same than dghh70, if the city is badly planned... take it to its last consequences!

DCMetro34: Thank you for commenting, my friend! I guess this is a Precioustown you can finally call "precious" not like the first city on this CJ.

Adrianor: ¡Gracias por tu comentario!

ImVhOzzi: Thanks for commenting! And... I'm sorry for your eyes...

CTMandR: Thanks for your comment, glad to see you back! I think that if I place these houses closer to the runways, planes will broke their wings!

newyorkcityrocks92: Thank you for commenting! Question answered on the comments section.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

banner3d.jpg

The alarm clock rang at 6:00 a.m. and Bernard woke up with the same enthusiasm as every day: none. He opened the window carefully, trying not to awake his wife, and looked how the weather was today.

The sunrise gave every morning a different look to the neighbourhood, the Blackwater Public Housing Project. Bernard had his morning shower, water was colder than usual, and then, had his breakfast while watching the TV. There had been another murder tonight in Blackwater, the fifteenth this year.

97763031.jpg

He switched off the TV and left the apartment, going to take his car. Obviously, the elevator was out of order.

Bernard took Faraday Avenue to the south, passing besides the Blackwater Hospital, and decided to listen some music on the radio. Again, Lady GaGa. Traffic was more or less light, jams come one hour later, when all the lucky people, the ones who still have a job; commute to the industrial part of Blackwater or to the downtown.

17452424.jpg

Bernard passed above a huge ferry ship on the New Bridge, and then, kept his way to his workplace, Blackwater Power Plant.

42453433.jpg

The power plant employs a lot of people from Blackwater, salaries aren't high but at least, jobs are stable. Bernard worked as an operator, handling the coal the trains and ships bring to the plant. It was quite a dirty job, but at least they had some showers in the locker room.

The work day is dirty, hard and tiring, as usual.

69441616.jpg 

Bernard left the power plant nine and a half hours later thinking on the weekend and counting the days that remained for the holidays. But his day wasn't over yet. He first had to take the highway and face the traffic jam.

95542433.jpg

Bernard's elder son was playing a football game this evening, as part of his drugs rehab therapy. It was important for him and for all the family to attend to the game. Bernard's wife and younger daughter had walked to the field and, surprisingly, they hadn't been robbed on their way.

68750733.jpg

Finally, Bernard's day was over. The Blackwater Community Sports Union, also pejoratively known as "Blackwater Junkies", where Bernard's son played, had beaten the Blackwater Sports Association and all the family were heading home.

78396726.jpg

They all had dinner at home listening how, one more night, police sirens rang all over the city. The daily routine.

Sign in to follow this  

12 Comments

Recommended Comments

I love these stories of yours, the Taxi Driver was awesome and now this! You should really do more of these, you are very talented! 

Share this comment

Awesome Storyline! the pics that accompany it are great too! Will you be telling stories of other people that work...or don't work here? 

Share this comment

So now we have switched to short stories? Not a bad idea, my friend! Although I am confused in the second picture, there is a rather nice hospital... Does this add to your strangely perfect mayor rating? (or does this one have a bad MR)

Share this comment

I should visit your journal more regulary. It's great to read and look. Keep up your great work :)

Share this comment

@Paulobergonci: You've asked for the station on the second update and the canal system on the fourth one, the two most asked BATs on this CJ... The station is London Underground sub surface station, here [link] and the canals are the LA River Project here [link].

As usual, personal replies come with the next update!

Share this comment

awesome! may i ask where did you get those buildings in the first picture and the large factory tower thing to the left in the 4th pic?
Also, what watermod do you use? i might ask much but its not as much to answer...

waiting for replies...

thanks

Share this comment