• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Alov Hills Brewery (mmm!)

Sign in to follow this  
Retep Molinari

Welcome back!

We first explored Alov way back here. Let's see what's going on these days.

Close to Klov, Alov was a perfect location for businesses and manufacturers to set up shop as Syldav sought to catch up to Bordav and Balboa economically. You'll hear more about this in the next post! For now...

As Alov grew, so did Syldav's exposure to the city's culture. Some of the most notable local products came from "Alov Hills Brewery." Founded back in 1836, it is located at the very north of town past the suburbs.

northalovjun12371262575.png

Alov Hills Brewery draws its distinctive flavor from the hops which are grown on-site. You can see the lines of hops (being grown on the right of the second image). Some of the barley is grown on side too (to be planted at top) but most comes from the western plains near the border of Peotav.

Hops%20Aurora%20OR.jpg northalovsep20351262575.png

The apple orchard is for Alov Hills Brewery's own brand of hard cider. The heirloom apples, which are grown in this orchard, are mostly inedible as fruit. But as cider, they are without equals.

northalovnov10371262577.png1343627640_b011162465.jpg

The brewery has an outlet pub across the street (the unassuming yellow building). There, local beers as well as drafts from all over the world are served all hours of the day.

northalovdec73812625782.png

Inside the pub.

bar1sm.jpg

As the brewery has grown in popularity, North Alov has become a popular region. Here we can see the light rail expansions that accompanied the new glass lofts growing near the historic housing.

northalovsep28391262578.png

Here is a picture a VT31 tram in action in the streets of North Alov I took this afternoon. The trams runs all the way to downtown, eventually running through a subway under the busy streets (Maybe its time for a transit map? Did anyone think they were getting a post from me without some sort of rail transit? Heh!).

1428045571_2a329e1cf4.jpg

The trams bring tons of thirsty workers to the pub each night. A strip of diners and restaurants has grown up around the brewery at the edge of the farms making this one of the area's most popular destinations. Wouldn't you go there? Heck, I'm going right now...

northalovaug94012625795.png

Enjoy! beer.jpg  buks.jpg

Thanks to Glenni for the wonderful brewery building. You view & download it here. If you liked this post, you should go give him 5 stars on the STEX.

Next-- expansion of downtown Alov!

Sign in to follow this  

8 Comments

Recommended Comments

I don't usually comment on this journal, but I must say it is getting better each time I visit and watch! Keep up the good work, I really like trams, and your use of trams. It may certainly be time for a small Transit map, dont' want sims getting lost, haha

Share this comment

A good stout is always my pick. I like your combination of the farms and hops story. That's a cool touch that I haven't seen. As CTMandR said, I enjoy your use of trams.

Share this comment

A transit map is seconded! As you said once, transit is your favorite part of the game, and I would love to see a large scale map of your efforts.

Share this comment

ROFLyoshi: Me and my trams, indeed! When I can't sleep, I think up light rail projects in the SF Bay Area (it's true).

mrnnh_nz: Thanks for spending some time in Syldav! It's a cool place, no? :-) Anyway, your comment was very kind and I appreciate it.

CTMandR: Well thanks for taking the time to read and comment this time around. I really appreciate it! I think I'll get working on that transit map after I make my next entry.

JGellock: I enjoy a good stout. But I lean more toward vairous pale ales... a double IPA is my favorite! As far as stout, I was a Guiness fan myself.

Faded Glory: Nice to hear from you again! As I said, I will get on that map ASAP! 

Well, looks like I have some work to do: I already have the next 4 enteries planned out, and now I have a transit map to add to the pack! Plus, I have 3 backlogged enteires to make for Bordav as well as an update for Balboa! So, 4+1+3+1=9 updates to make! Gah!

And I have to space them out over a few days, because that way my hard (and beautiful!) work gets more views I need to earn better that a 3.50 rating on this CJ, too! Gah!

Share this comment