• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

SPECIAL EDITION - Cambridge Air Tours

Sign in to follow this  
emgmod

To start off, we need to get to the airport. Luckily, ND Transit Route 70 goes to the airport.

picya.jpg

us4-1.jpg

The bus heads south on 7th avenue to Cambridge Road.

us4-2.jpg

From Cambridge Road, the bus turns left on Railroad Avenue. Okay, there hasn't been a train on Railroad Avenue for a long time, but the name stays.

us4-3.jpg

The last stop before Cambridge Municipal Airport.

us4-4.jpg

And we arrive at the general aviation area, where Cambridge Air Tours is located.

us4-5.jpg

And the helicopter is off!

us4-6.jpg

Hello, and welcome to this aerial tour of Cambridge and Lordside. First off, we are passing by Railroad Avenue. The railroad line in the median hasn't been used since 1965, when Daloa Central Railroad abandoned the line.

us4-7.jpg

While we are heading farther north, there is the West Cambridge Elementary School. The current mayor of Daloa came from this school.

us4-8.jpg

The rail line is abruptly broken by the current end of Expressway 30. The E30 grade separated this intersection in 1979, permanently splitting the old railroad line in two. It is planned that an extension of the ND Light Rail will run the route of the old track to relieve congestion on the E30.

us4-9.jpg

Past the highway is the Cambridge Christmas Tree Farm. It has purebred tiny trees so people can get real trees that aren't 3 stories tall.

us4-10.jpg

Now we are heading east to Lordside. The park trail runs in the old path of a stream, before suburban expansion paved over the area.

us4-11.jpg

Next is the Lordside National Laboratory and Lordside Tower. The tower was built in 1926 to celebrate the unification of Illu'a. Today, it is preserved by the laboratory.

us4-12.jpg

Lordside is the newest suburb in the area. The town center is new, but is made to look old. The entire suburb is surrounded by a road called the Lordside Loop, to "Have a sense of community in the area." In my opinion, it's a barrier to the rest of the city.

us4-13.jpg

Now to head south to the Lordside Pivot Farms.

us4-14.jpg

The pivot farms are used to efficiently water crops in this farm. Takes a lot less people than manually watering all the crops.

us4-15.jpg

And that's our tour. Thank you for staying in Cambridge!

Since the next bus is coming in 40 minutes, we decided to take a taxi to go shopping.

us4-16.jpg

Cambridge is turning into a red light district, so we avoided the area.

The taxi headed down Cambridge Road, and then turned left to North Avenue.

us4-17.jpg

The taxi passes by Cambridge High School and Lordside National Laboratory.

us4-18.jpg

We took well over an hour shopping at the stores here.

us4-19.jpg

After we went shopping, a taxi took us to the nearest hotel.

us4-20.jpg

The taxi drives past the Christmas Tree farm to the nearby hotel. I couldn't get a diagonal avenue to turn into one diagonal and one orthogonal one way road.

us4-21.jpg

We arrive at the Best Western Cambridge and checked in before we went to sleep. I forgot to get the nightlight patch when I took the pictures.

us4-22.jpg

Attention Backlog of town names, in the order posted:

Kuta

Kemayoran

Sean Town

Scottville

Robertsville

Verona

You can still post names, but it might take a while to get your name on the map.

***I need from you today...***

-VOTE: Relax, it's almost Christmas.

-If you have an idea for the trip, PM me. If it requires Plugins, send me the links to the plugins.

-Who wants to have a road town named after them? Backlog on names

-Any Plugins that seem relevant to the area we are heading to (More suburbia)

Sign in to follow this  

2 Comments

Recommended Comments

I think the pivot farms are a weird addition to your city. Pivot farms are only used in dry or arid regions and yours is very lush and green. But it is a very nice CJ.

Share this comment