• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Mid City- Journal Crisis...LOL

Sign in to follow this  
Sky Guy

Hey all, thanks for the comments, I am sorry I have been vey busy with Real life and Bating those houses.

I am having second thoughts on my CJ, it seems that my style is all muddled (as many mentioned in the last update)

I need your help and opinion on what I should do please answer the questions- I may just start a new CJ!

1- Should I try and change the style, cities, etc up a little bit?

IF YOU ANSWER YES TO #1, ANSWER THE NEXT ONES

2- Should I keep my nation a fairly wealthy one, or should I downgrade and make it a less prosperous country?

3- What type of style should I model after (its hard as there are many just within SEA)

(ex: Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, etc)

And I know this is probably stupid and wont do much, but I just want to know what kind of BATs, style etc you want to see.

Thanks for the help!

Sign in to follow this  

5 Comments

Recommended Comments

Heh, it's perfectly all right.  I'm quite busy for the next week (and then it's SimCity til January  )

1.  I do like what's been presented so far, but I'm interested to see how the changes will turn out.

2.  If you're going to stick with Southeast Asia, try "downgrade"; there is a lot of poverty.

3.  I would say to not go with a never-ending skyscraper forest.  It's not realistic, and you've done a great job in realism.  The only Southeast Asian city I've been to in person is Manila, and I think it is an effective place to model after if you're going for a sharp contrast between rich and poor.

Share this comment

Hey Sky Guy,

your style is already very good, about your questions, I believe that you should downgrade your nation and make it wealthy, Asia is full of contrasts, very poor next to very rich. I playing around with the idea of a Philippine CJ, there are great impressive and huge cities, with a Spanish colonial background, maybe you try something like this too, but just if you really want, it's your CJ ;)
About you second question, take a look at Manila and mix it up with a little bit of Jakarta and Saigon, and you will see, what I was takling about before.

have fun with the game

Share this comment

1- Should I try and change the style, cities, etc up a little bit?

I would try to keep it as South East Asian as possible

2- Should I keep my nation a fairly wealthy one, or should I downgrade and make it a less prosperous country?

Perhaps the nation can be pretty poor perhaps a middle income nation but in the cities there is wealthy areas and modern CBD'S but also
slums and government housing estates

3- What type of style should I model after (its hard as there are many just within SEA)

i'd go with what others have suggested, Manila, Kuala Lumpar and perhaps a bit of Hoh chi minh as they have lots of colonial housing.

Share this comment

I'm sorry I haven't been able to comment before. Remember what I said about Simtrop lol. You know, I think you should look around more CJs for more ideas and stuff. Of course it's best that you keep your city with a Southeast Asian style as there aren't a lot around here or maybe it's just I haven't been here for a while now. Anyway, I actually prefer more medium wealth and low wealth residentials over high-wealth residentials. Makes it more realistic and down-to-earth as possible. If you plan on making a new CJ, well, it's been a great run and you know it.

Share this comment