• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Results of Voting

Sign in to follow this  
sumwonyuno

Hello, Everyone,

I apologize for the lack of posts. I didn't realize how much school work I had to do since Thanksgiving. Don't worry, I'm still here, and Capitalis is too. I won't have a bona fide update until well after my finals are done (the 18th).

As for the voting, the responses from both Simtropolis and SC4Devotion, the results are overwhelming for Choice 4: Reconstructing Community Island. Thanks to all that participated. If your choice wasn't the winning one, I will try to incorporate the other three (subtly and explicitly) into the project.

Here are some ideas of things I've been thinking of (not all are doable):

- Ploppable items (grid and mayor-mode) for various items (flora, parks, eye-candy, etc.)

- TheBus automata (rainbow and classic yellow shades)

- BATing and lotting

- transportation network modding

Now, there are over 400 highrises in Honolulu, thousands of low and mid rise buildings, and hundreds of thousands of residential homes. I'm not aiming to do them all. I will need to think of a doable strategy to create a good mix of RCI and ploppable buildings that evoke that feel of Hawaii: lanais, open-air designs, landscaping, mauka-makai, etc. The different architectural styles, the feel of different areas, and the functions of buildings are all under consideration.

I have purged much of my 1.9GB plugins folder. Much of the custom content buildings I had in my collection I couldn't use for Capitalis (too tall). It's stripped down about 120MB of mods and game additions. I've left the terrain texture alone, but I've changed the water texture to something closer to real life. I also have started to work on terrain elevation.

Here is the work I did before Thanksgiving:

20091125.jpg

My strategy is to start from shoreline or the mountains (depending on the area), and first put the transportation network to the correct elevations. The development will come later, once I create it.

Although I really want to work on rail transit, until Mufi (the Mayor of Honolulu) digs that hole in a Kapolei field for groundbreaking, I'm not officially working on rail transit. I can do things such as the route and rationale for certain decisions as part of the Community Island reconstruction. The designs for the future stations and future development is an ongoing process. I'd like to BAT a station or two, but one, there are no blueprints I can go by, and two I'd need to learn additional things to make the stations work in game.

I'm also going to migrate away from Imageshack, as I've been losing an uncomfortable amount of pictures. I am going to do a combo of Photobucket and Picasa Web Albums. The Island Tours will be moved to Photobucket, and have thumbnails instead of full pictures, because of the bandwidth limit. My custom content, terrain, and the big/important pictures will be hosted on Picasa Web Albums.

Sign in to follow this  

0 Comments

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.