• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

A Request from the Author

Sign in to follow this  
sumwonyuno

Hello everyone,

I've been thinking on how I should proceed with this city journal.  I'm asking you the reader on your opinion, whether you're an active poster or a lurker.

Choice 1:

Right now, I consider the Real Island Tour a filler series. I do have hundreds more of possible pictures to use, so the Real Island Tour could last for many months. I pretty much already have shown many parts of the island back in the Community Island Tour, and I'm just reposting the pictures with their real-life counterparts. These updates are relatively easy to do. I just have to choose pictures from my collection, resize and crop, get their SimCity equivalent shots, and write captions. Though, there wouldn't be a sort of direction or real point because it's just fillers.

Choice 2:

There is the main story that I've been mentioning here and there ever since I started. The main story is suppose to be about 225 years of development history of Honolulu, but in the SimCity world of Capitalis, Paradise (minus annexation, Pearl Harbor attack and party politics). The focus is on land use and transportation.

The first 220 years or so is background information, while the last 5 years is on this latest and ongoing attempt of elevated rapid transit for the southern shore of the island.

Now, this is an extremely difficult task. I would have to do the equivalent of going back in time and creating pictures of areas in their respective time period. It would be essentially rebuilding a huge chunk of the region over and over and over just for pictures. This is the most ambitious choice.

Choice 3:

A simplification of Choice 2 would be to focus the latest and ongoing attempt of rail transit. I could use the region I have now and do the story telling with existing locations in the region.

downtownstation.jpg

Choice 4:

From looking at everyone else's cities, farms, and regions, I've been having an itch to rebuild Capitalis and Community Island. I don't know if anyone has noticed, but the developed areas in my region are actually flat (all at 270m). There is a lack of custom content. In reconstructing the island, I would rebuild the areas to actually have altitude. I would try to do BATing and lotting (if I figure out how to get it to work on my Linux setup). Rebuilding in an already established region isn't easy, and the custom content creation will take time.

Please vote. If you have other suggestions, then please comment or leave a private message. Thanks!

Sign in to follow this  

2 Comments

Recommended Comments

REBUILD I went through a flat stage... its good for experimenting but altitiude will really add character to ur already great skills.

Share this comment