Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Awaken to an industrial revolution!

Sign in to follow this  
CWLGAMER01

Welcome back!
We take another look at Anderson tonight with a population of just over 10,000; the city is growing fast and moving from town to small city quickly.
Some new developments include the following:
  • New heavy industry entering the city.
  • New manufacturing has entered the city.
  • New retail areas have sprung up in or near major intersections.
  • Due to increased jobs we have added 9,500 new residents – about 50/50 between unqualified and qualified.
  • One new water tower built for continued growth.
  • A new high rise hotel opened in downtown.
  • Two new medical clinics opened on the outskirts of town.
  • A new city dump/landfill for industry and growing demands of residents.
  • The widening of Bellview St. from City Hall to Kingsley Rd.
    • This also adds additional ways to enter town. Until this you could only enter town via Main St.
  • City Council has heard several citizens about the need for new educational or city-wide schools. The council has moved forward in preparing to zone areas for at least two schools within the next year.
  • City Council has voted to build another water tower within the next two years as demand increases.
  • City Council may vote in the next month to build Anderson’s first power plant if the city can assure a renewable source of fuel from other cities in the region.
Please stop by and visit and we look forward to your comments and seeing you soon!

p_0.jpg

p_1-1.jpg

p_2.jpg

p_8.jpg

p_7.jpg

p_4.jpg

p_3.jpg

p_5.jpg

p_6.jpg

p_9.jpg

p_10.jpg

p_11.jpg

p_12.jpg

p_13.jpg

p_14.jpg

p_15.jpg

p_16.jpg

p-17.jpg

p_18.jpg

Hurry back soon to find out what happens next in Anderson!

Sign in to follow this  

12 Comments

Recommended Comments

I can only imagine how those spaces will be filled when the town gets bigger.  Your playing style is complete different than mine during beta testing.

Share this comment

Thank god you started a Cities XL.

Once people see what you can with city journals and cities XL, hopefully they'll at least give the game a chance before moaning about it.

Share this comment

I love your approach to the journal. Interesting development style, which would be different to my own. Therefore I will be interested to see how things work out. Got to say, I completely agree with kookalang.

Keep it going. Look me up when copy finally gets delivered and I'm online.

Share this comment

Honestly... the graphics are amazing!  I'm going to wait a little to consider buying CXL, but still.... those graphics are great, and I'm glad to be seeing the first CXL journal.  I'm still waiting to hear about what gameplay is like.  Can't wait to see the next update!

Share this comment

Wow awsome work here!!! You are definatly making cities xl look like an awsome game with this awsome journal!!! Nice start and i will be looking forward to more!!!

Share this comment

Cities XL seems to be amazing. Great CJ story, well done!

Are you happy with this game? Does it crash often or cause you other sorts of trouble???

Share this comment

Man, You've got AWESOME work in this journal. It is really nice to see Anderson growing! Also, Nice photos you've got there!

Share this comment