• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Transit Enabled Ford

Sign in to follow this  
Craig-Abcvs

Hello my name is Craig and it has been freaking ages since my last proper game update...

Well I have had this little idea of making a transit enabled ford, with the PPond stuff...  and no I have not had to nag Pegasus for any new stuff I am making do with what I already have!

Anyways let's go and find somewhere to build this thing shall we?   Clevedon Bay looks good...  we still have a bit of space up in the hills.

ClevedonBay061009-1.jpg

Yeah like that levelish area in the river valley...

ClevedonBay061009-2.jpg

Now first things first... If I am going up in the hills to build stuff... pause -  the -  freaking - game! ...  I have had nasty things happen when the game has still been running and I have been happily absorbed up in the hills on zoom 4 or 5... for an hour or so...   power stations...  they tend to blow up.  Oh you will notice that there is no yellow pause thing...  got a mod for that...  what?  You want the link?   It is on the STEX... here  ...now go find it yourself already!

ClevedonBay061009-3.jpg

Yeah there... in the river valley... like I already said...  stop yabbering  and get on with it will ya....

ClevedonBay061009-4.jpg

Yeah yeah... keep ya shorts out of ya crack...   I have this idea of using the canal extender lot to make my transit enabled ford.   Well this is the theory anyway...  we will see if it works...

ClevedonBay061009-5.jpg

Alrighty... lets plonk this thing right over the road...  Yay!   I know I know a good idea when I see one!

ClevedonBay061009-6.jpg

Right...  if we want traffic we will need some Sims to move in...  so a couple of residential zones...   oh yeah and pine tree lots spaced every 5 tiles up the hill...    Why?

ClevedonBay061009-7.jpg

...to bring in the power of course silly!

ClevedonBay061009-8.jpg

Right looks good...  (actually I had to take out the dirt road FAR curves... for some reason I kept getting no road access zots with them in but that is a problem I will have to sort out another day...   ONWARD  I say!)

ClevedonBay061009-9.jpg

Let's throw this thing into gear and get some Sims to move in!   Yay!   It works!

ClevedonBay061009-10.jpg

I hav creatid life!  

Well a transit enabled ford...  but you catch my drift.

ClevedonBay061009-11.jpg

Not bad eh?   I like it!

ClevedonBay061009-12.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

8 Comments

Recommended Comments

Wow- your city in that first shot looks amazing! That's a great idea especially for the more rural areas where you dont want bridges! Keep it up!

Share this comment

@Sky Guy - Eventually all those hills on the left hand side will be covered in pines...   but it takes a long time to individually dig a hole and plant each tree!

@Schulmanator - What pray tell is that 'thing' you have posted?   Looks like something the cat dragged in.

Share this comment

Wow! I never knew you can do something like that! btw... If this is Auckland, is there going to be an chance of urban delvopement?

Share this comment

@ Evillions - Well I have been fairly focused on my Clevedon Bay area development for the last few months, but yes there is an urban / CBD area of course...   However it is not currently connected on my region map.    Maybe I need to go and revisit those tiles, haven't been there for a while.

Share this comment

A Pinto.  A green one.  With a dent in the rear bumper.  And it's still intact.  A rare sighting indeed!

Ah, anyway, the update...

On the one hand, quite clever there creating the stream over the road.  I do believe it's the first time I've seen that.  

On the other hand, doesn't look safe to drive across. :P

ISF

Share this comment

Those are itty bitty streams.

What you made is practically a river.  :P Nothing against you, really.  I don't think anyone in SC4 has made a stream that narrow in the style you'd need it.

ISF

Share this comment