Phoenix Project

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Evolution

Akallan

171026070652585015.jpg

Hello everyone,

It has been a long time since I came on the forums, tonight I come back with a new video... A video a bit special, it's the first time I spend so much time to achieve one. It took me more or less two weeks, during all my evenings to lay this video, there are more than eight hours of films that had to be sorted and compressed. But the biggest particularity of this video is that it appeals to 21 other people than me, without whom, I could never make this video as we know it today!

I want to thank everyone who took some of their time to make the video!

Good viewing! :)

161008104325671706.jpg

On 26/10/2017 at 9:41 PM, RandyE said:

Thank-you for this video, good work.  Enjoyed the entire length and soundtrack.

Thanks for the comment!

On 26/10/2017 at 9:52 PM, The British Sausage said:

To paraphrase the Terminator- I want your MMPs and your LOTs now!

Seriously, your MMPs and relots need to be added to the STEX/LEX!

I did not invent any MMPs, all come from different mods. For the lots it's almost the same thing, I just used existing BATs in the LE. *;)

On 26/10/2017 at 9:53 PM, tariely said:

WOW. Just wow. *:thumb:

Thank you for your sharing! *:)

On 26/10/2017 at 10:10 PM, TekindusT said:

I'm truly amazed by your work in this video!! I think it is the first time I see a history-accurate timelapse in SC4 and it was incredible! Love the way you make the growth look so organic, I don't know if you had some "mental masterplan" for the village in your head but it is impossible to tell... Great stuff packed in one video for sure.

And to top it all off, I'm honoured Barnanova shares a video with some big heavyweights around here and with an instrumental Nothing Else Matters... the icing in the cake!

Thank you very much, it makes me very happy to have worked with you! *:thumb:

On 26/10/2017 at 11:13 PM, sejr99999 said:

thank you for a very enjoyable trip thru time   very interesting evolution of your small city

I'm glad you're happy! *;)

On 27/10/2017 at 12:00 AM, _Michael said:

This really is something special. Well done for many making something so special and unquie, and what a great collection of showcased images at the end - I am honoured to be among them. 

Thank you very much Michael, I'm glad I worked with you too! *:D

On 27/10/2017 at 12:31 AM, SC4L0ver said:

Excellent job! Your MMP work is really jaw-dropping. Chapeau !

—SC4L0ver.

Thank you! *:)

On 27/10/2017 at 2:34 AM, GoKingsGo said:

Just incredible.  It's so cinematic with the music.  Like TekindusT said, love the organic growth, that was cool to watch.  Great detail with the MMPs.  The selection of CJ photos was great, I liked the presentation order.  And I loved that little timelapse near the end.  Awesome, awesome work!

Thank you very much GoKingsGo! *:D

On 27/10/2017 at 3:17 AM, KRMill09 said:

This may be one of the greatest things I have seen. Absolutely fantastic!

Thank you very much! *:)

On 27/10/2017 at 4:29 AM, korver said:

Truly stunning work. Fantastic job with the growth of the city and the video!

Thank you very much korver! *;)

On 27/10/2017 at 6:13 AM, citycowboy said:

I liked that very much, very impressive, good job. 

Thank you!

On 27/10/2017 at 9:36 PM, kingofsimcity said:

What a video :O! The transition from early farming to industrialization, then to a small city with modern amenities was truly mesmerizing to watch. Nice use of the Halo theme during the timelapse as well. Truly amazing work! 

Thank you very much, music plays an important role too! *;)

On 28/10/2017 at 10:13 AM, jons11 said:

this is one of the best work that i have ever seen on simtropolis, please ,can you tell me where can i find the streets that you've used?

Well, thank you very much! For the textures of roads and streets, this is part of my work SNT:

Textures are not available at the moment. The project should be realized in a few months! *:)

On 29/10/2017 at 2:13 AM, Krasner said:

Such a trip :8)That was wonderful and at least, gave me some remembrance of Koyaanisqatsi, which is suprising as I eventually never  saw this movie :ooh: That was impressive how consistent, detailed and realstic the town stayed throughout the centuries also :thumb:

Thank you Krasner, glad you like it! :)

On 29/10/2017 at 7:40 PM, Artimus said:

Such a neat video you composed! Clearly this encompasses human history and development in SimCity 4 itself, which is impressive! Sorry I was not able to get back on your higher resolution request. Still, it was pretty neat to watch! 

Thank you very much for the comment! There is no problem, the resolution also goes as it is now! *:thumb:

On 02/11/2017 at 8:18 AM, Fantozzi said:

Breathtaking. You turned the city builder into a city composer. 

Thank you! *:D

On 07/11/2017 at 5:46 PM, kelistmac said:

What a fantastic video my friend !!! Your touch using MMP is from out of this world !! Thank you so much for share this amazing video and also for including the picture from my region !!

*:lol:Thank you very much for your comment and your participation, I am very happy! *:)

On 12/11/2017 at 9:27 PM, adam_SVK said:

Wow. Just wow! I can imagine, how much time it took to create this truly artistic work... maybe you have full time job, maybe you have family and you still can find the time to make such a perfect video and city. This is probably the best video related to SC4 I've ever seen. And this work is also out of borders of us - city makers. You could probably inspire a con-world (constructed world) makers' community as well.

Really amazing work, mate! As we in Slovakia say: "Klobúk dole!" ("Hat off" - it means true appreciation)

Well, thank you very much for all your kind words! It is true that I do not always have a lot of time to work on SC4, but I always try to find a moment to do what I like. :}

18 Comments

Recommended Comments

I'm truly amazed by your work in this video!! I think it is the first time I see a history-accurate timelapse in SC4 and it was incredible! Love the way you make the growth look so organic, I don't know if you had some "mental masterplan" for the village in your head but it is impossible to tell... Great stuff packed in one video for sure.

And to top it all off, I'm honoured Barnanova shares a video with some big heavyweights around here and with an instrumental Nothing Else Matters... the icing in the cake!

Share this comment

This really is something special. Well done for many making something so special and unquie, and what a great collection of showcased images at the end - I am honoured to be among them. 

Share this comment

Just incredible.  It's so cinematic with the music.  Like TekindusT said, love the organic growth, that was cool to watch.  Great detail with the MMPs.  The selection of CJ photos was great, I liked the presentation order.  And I loved that little timelapse near the end.  Awesome, awesome work!

Share this comment

What a video :O! The transition from early farming to industrialization, then to a small city with modern amenities was truly mesmerizing to watch. Nice use of the Halo theme during the timelapse as well. Truly amazing work! 

Share this comment

this is one of the best work that i have ever seen on simtropolis, please ,can you tell me where can i find the streets that you've used?

Share this comment

Such a trip :8)That was wonderful and at least, gave me some remembrance of Koyaanisqatsi, which is suprising as I eventually never  saw this movie :ooh: That was impressive how consistent, detailed and realstic the town stayed throughout the centuries also :thumb:

Share this comment

Such a neat video you composed! Clearly this encompasses human history and development in SimCity 4 itself, which is impressive! Sorry I was not able to get back on your higher resolution request. Still, it was pretty neat to watch! 

Share this comment

What a fantastic video my friend !!! Your touch using MMP is from out of this world !! Thank you so much for share this amazing video and also for including the picture from my region !!

Share this comment

Wow. Just wow! I can imagine, how much time it took to create this truly artistic work... maybe you have full time job, maybe you have family and you still can find the time to make such a perfect video and city. This is probably the best video related to SC4 I've ever seen. And this work is also out of borders of us - city makers. You could probably inspire a con-world (constructed world) makers' community as well.

Really amazing work, mate! As we in Slovakia say: "Klobúk dole!" ("Hat off" - it means true appreciation)

Share this comment