The main plaza of the city, named "Plaza de la libertad" (Liberty square) by the Grandorians. On the center of the plaza, a statue of the famous independence heroine Candelaria Martínez, one of the leaders of the revolution against the spanish empire. In front of the plaza we have the main church of the city, Catedral de Nuestra Señora de la Concepción. Behind the plaza the former palace of the vice-kings is located. It is now used as the presidencial palace.
The city of San Lorenzo (in Grandoro they call it Sucurocá which is the name of the tribe that lived here before the european conquest) was founded in 1521 by spanish conquistador Juan Guiterrez. It is located in a flat valley between two small mountain ranges. The estimated population in 2016 was 960,000 .
More information about Grandoro will be up shortly..!