• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Niederbauen - High-rise to Mid-rise

_Michael

An even longer gap than last time - 145 days. I do apologise, but my RL has been very busy, and I've only really started playing again in the past few weeks. I've been working more of Niederbauen - filling in gaps so that it's good enough to show off. I've worked hard to compress the pictures this time, so they shouldn't take too long to load, although there is a rather large mosaic at the end. ;)
Hope you enjoy!  

----------------------------------------------{--------}----------------------------------------------

hxvikSr.jpg

7d0sfOv.jpg

YTBaeBw.jpg

VovpSh5.jpg

VIFmyk0.jpg

5q5QEU0.jpg

YjDSCfc.jpg

AQIiOPJ.jpg

uMwGoYe.jpg

MLrO0ts.jpg

VS4eJ74.jpg

jbUMPwU.jpg

lNKaLpK.jpg

ZUEMnhq.jpg

8AeMaGk.jpg

oLIyUti.jpg

wr6mfLF.jpg

----------------------------------------------{--------}----------------------------------------------

eF1KmCd.jpg

Replies for "Niederbauen - Historical Introduction"

Spoiler

*Hands up* Blame RTMT; not me! :lol: And thanks for the comment @Yarahi.

Thanks for the comment @MissVanleider

Thanks @sejr99999!

Thanks for the comment @mike_oxlong

Thanks @Akallan, it was indeed about time!

Thanks @jons11.

Thank you very much @kschmidt.

I thought I'd give it a try @Ln X!

Thank you very much @korver!

@Caio R. CastroThanks for the comment.

Thank you @JP Schriefer

Thanks for the comment and compliment @Takingyouthere ! :D 

Thanks @ulisse !

@Prophet42Thanks for the comment!

And thank you all for the likes!

percent_0.png

Hope you enjoyed the visit! There's more to come!

28 Comments

Recommended Comments

This is amazing! I love mosaics, and you did an outstanding job with that one! Your use of MMP and other things should be an inspiration to others, lovely update!

Share this comment

7 hours ago, Ceafus 88 said:

This is amazing! I love mosaics, and you did an outstanding job with that one! Your use of MMP and other things should be an inspiration to others, lovely update!

Thank you for the lovely comment @Ceafus 88!

7 hours ago, GoKingsGo said:

Nice!  I like the curved part of the riverbanks and the look of the sidewalk textures along with the building selection.  Very cohesive.  Great entry!

Thank you very much @GoKingsGo.

7 hours ago, korver said:

Beautiful pictures! Fantastic BAT selection too as usual *:)

Thanks @korver.

2 hours ago, mike_oxlong said:

Awesome! Such great balance in your scenes.

Thank you @mike_oxlong.

Share this comment

7 hours ago, TekindusT said:

Sure the wait was worth it! I love how you group the same BAT to create these regular patterns!

Thanks for the comment @TekindusT!

3 hours ago, tariely said:

OOOOOOH, NICE !!!! (esp. 11, 14 and the aaaaargh-mosaic !). Worth the wait indeed.

Thank you very much @tariely.

12 minutes ago, Odile1991 said:

How do you grow a specific house on a specific place? Do you buldoze until the right house shows up?

@Odile1991 Yes, I do that most of the time. Otherwise, I just plop a landmark building, which is what I often end up doing. 

Share this comment

8 minutes ago, _Michael said:

Thanks for the comment @TekindusT!

Thank you very much @tariely.

@Odile1991 Yes, I do that most of the time. Otherwise, I just plop a landmark building, which is what I often end up doing. 

Thanks for your reply! I absolutely love your city. Is the city playable? Because if you plop landmark buildings everywhere, there is no place left for real housing. 

Share this comment

@Odile1991Playable is very subjective. I create by cities in a totally sandbox way, which is very different to the way the vanilla game works. I build for aesthetics rather than immediate functionallity. 

Share this comment

2 hours ago, _Michael said:

@Odile1991Playable is very subjective. I create by cities in a totally sandbox way, which is very different to the way the vanilla game works. I build for aesthetics rather than immediate functionallity. 

Ohh I see, thank you for your answers!

By the way, do you use a mod for sandbox mode playing, or do you use the pause button the whole time?

Share this comment

2 hours ago, Odile1991 said:

Ohh I see, thank you for your answers!

By the way, do you use a mod for sandbox mode playing, or do you use the pause button the whole time?

I just keep it on pause, and then run it when I want buildings to grow.

Share this comment

49 minutes ago, SC4L0ver said:

Good job! Those diagonal streets and buildings look stunning, as well as your city's canal network. :yes:

Thank you @SC4L0ver !

20 minutes ago, Odile1991 said:

Can I ask you what mod you use for the pavements?

It's a custom 'home-made' texture.

Share this comment

3 hours ago, TMTS said:

Nice job! Love your european modern city! Mid to high rise.

@TMTSThanks for the comment.

3 hours ago, RandyE said:

I haven't seen anything like this so had to comment.  Very neat and tidy, refined, meticulous, organized... etc. --kind of words to describe the impression I get.

Thank you very much for the kind words @RandyE.

Share this comment

One of the most beautiful city presentations I've ever seen.... Especially the long picture from the station, down the channel and to the harbor.... Good work :)

Share this comment

53 minutes ago, Seppi93 said:

One of the most beautiful city presentations I've ever seen.... Especially the long picture from the station, down the channel and to the harbor.... Good work :)

Thank you very much @Seppi93 !

Share this comment