Izumo

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Asoura - A Japanese village on the sea

REPLIES : Koriyama

I sincerely appreciated your reactions and comments about my last entry. I wanted to thank you all before the replies.

@MissVanleider Thank you, I am happy to see that you liked my work !

@MushyMushy I have also spent a lot of time on G.Earth to have this result. It is nice to see it was efficient, thank you !

@raynev1 Haha it is strange ! Living in France I have no problem. This was a song named Yoru no Odoriko, made by the Japanese band Sakanaction (one of my favorites, you should try to listen what they do)

@kschmidt Yeah, I noticed that Japanese cities have a very large variety of buildings. They are absoutely not uniform. That is what I tried to recreate. Anyway, thank you !

@feyss "Banality" is maybe not the appropriated word. I just wanted to underline the fact that this city looks like any other one in Japan. I appreciated your remark, thanks !

@_Michael That was one of my goals, capturing the atmosphere. Thank you !

@jmsepe Like I told you in private, this beautiful tower has been created by APTX. Here is the link if anyone else is interested.

@korver Thank you very much korver !

@Takingyouthere Yeah I saw that all the main Japanese CJs that I followed a few years ago had closed. That is a pity. I hope to see them opening again soon !

@Ln X Thank you for your comment, it is very nice !

ASOURA - A Japanese village on the sea

My holidays end very soon, and then, I will have to pass my exams. I will be quite busy. That is why I decided to post this entry now, only a week after my last one.

Asoura is a Japanese village located in the fictional prefecture of Koriyama. Compared to the biggest city of the region, just a few people live here, quietly. It is rare to see strangers aventuring in the area. There is nothing to see, except maybe the authenticity of the Japanese rurality.

The inhabitants of this village are mainly fishermen. Indeed, Asoura is located between the Pacific Ocean and a bay which has the same name. To protect the city against the dangers of the sea, a big wall has been built along the beach. 

In 1994, a famous Japanese photographer flew above the city and took these photos. Asourans discovered for the first time the shape of their village. Today, they are exposed in the city hall.

Click and listen ! (Shiki no Uta - Nujabes & Minmi)

839793Asoura2.jpg

205220Asoura4.jpg

704288Asoura5.jpg

I hope that you enjoyed this entry ~

Do not hesitate to like and/or to comment !

10 Comments

Recommended Comments

Really great style, although I would have preferred to have had the last 2 images less blurred - I feel I could have seen a lot more of the detail!

You've once again excelled in capturing the look and feel! Great job. :D 

Share this comment

Excellent result! Those seawalls have never looked so good, i may make another attempt to use them! As a collector of seawalls i can provide the link as i am sure others will want to use them http://uki-sim.seesaa.net/s/article/205531925.html

The beach scene is so real, i know it is authentic Japanese but reminds me of the coast here in many ways.

(If it takes away any joy for you that i have posted the link which breaks your 4th wall please let me know and i will remove it happily.)

Well done

Share this comment

Holy Smoke.............(speechless for a few seconds, happens very seldom). Look at that first picture, as if I just flew over that place in a helico. That is one fine layout of coastal installations. If this would be the Best Picture thread, I surely would have voted for it! Great job, well thought out, man! That was a real eye pleasure for me.

Fred

Share this comment

Looks really nice! Good use of those seawalls too - those are one of my favorite seawall assets. Uki's Japanese stuff is top notch.

Share this comment

More lovely pics *:) That beach area looks great and I like the post processing too, really brings the pics to life.

Share this comment