Bellingham Journal

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Parks in Bellingham: Costa Verde

f3cs

Hello, welcome to the second entry:

The entry will be huge, because I'll speak of the greatest park in the region, we have 9km of park (5.6mi if you use the imperial unit)

NOqjENx.png

They're divided in 3 fully connected parks:

-Parque do Canal:

fy8y1X1.jpg

Aterro:

JAHUz4k.jpg

woqZr0R.jpg

AyKASeQ.jpg

Ferry terminal in the right side, in the bottom: Integration with metro system. You can see Historical Museum in the left top too.

5r5LXuq.jpg

(There's another subway connection here too)

And Praça da Bandeira:

JzY5LOO.jpg

There were studies for the implementation of a beach in Praça da Bandeira, but the proximity to the port killed the project.

8FyuNu2.jpg

By the way, this is the reason why it's called Praça da Bandeira: There's a lot of flags of friendly countries and associations

But sims use it very well. There's a lot of gazebos and park benches like this one, where sims can relax and think about life:

kClZEwe.jpg

8lMy1wS.jpg

Aterro:

This is the biggest part of the park. Where the park divides it's space with Jayme Costa parkway, popularly known as Costa Verde Parkway.

KvfproD.jpg

It's know that way because there was no land here in the beginning of the history: It was created with a severe number of landfills (this is what means aterro in the language that the city adopts, the Portuguese). With the new high speed corridor, solutions were also implemented to not permit that the expressway cut the park in half where it needed.

wgp417v.jpg

pedestrian walks and even the sidewalk of the tunnel are used for making the walk of the pedestrians safe.

6S1Kq8d.jpg

recreational stuff right after a footbridge

WOS8m9h.jpg

There's a lot of park accesses if there's need to create expressways.

HbRbPly.jpg

WIth the ease of the parkway, a lot of facilities moved towards to it. The Parliament and the bus terminal are just two of them.

07ueLJm.jpg

One of the biggest residential buildings in the world was constructed in the "parkfront" Near it, the other buildings look like dwarfs *:lol: You can see the "to-implement" acess from Thomas Edinson Avenue to the parkway:

2I9aNuh.jpg

JAHUz4k.jpg

I leave you with the two most important interchanges of the parkway. The first is named terminal. In the second image, you can see Trumpetstack.

This park was inspired by Aterro do Flamengo, in Rio de Janeiro:

https://www.google.com.br/maps/@-22.9276923,-43.1623716,1324a,35y,293.03h,37.44t/data=!3m1!1e3

@Dgmc2013 Thank you for your kind comment. It feels like is organized because it uses a technique that I'll explain later, called TOD.

@MissVanleider Yes, I always have that feeling too. The other reason for having 2 lanes is because it's a very important node in the city.

6 Comments

Recommended Comments

There are good ideas and I think the city is doing well. The transport system in general is nice to see and you are doing very well.

On the other hand, the grass everywhere, it is not possible! Why do not you simply leave the land blank with some MMPs?  You do not need to download many plugins, some will suffice (some trees, bushes and Girafe flowers among others). ;)

Share this comment

On 02/04/2017 at 11:17 PM, JP Schriefer said:

You do some very nice parks! :)

BTW, do you know where I can find that beige/orange building from this picture?

On 03/04/2017 at 5:58 AM, MissVanleider said:

Some serious interchanges again! Well done

Thank you!

On 03/04/2017 at 1:30 PM, Akallan said:

There are good ideas and I think the city is doing well. The transport system in general is nice to see and you are doing very well.

On the other hand, the grass everywhere, it is not possible! Why do not you simply leave the land blank with some MMPs?  You do not need to download many plugins, some will suffice (some trees, bushes and Girafe flowers among others). ;)

This is one of the first parks in the city. I'm in a process of evolution of my gaming skills and urban planning in general. You can see that from Iguaçu Park to Costa Verde there's a clear evolution in terms of MMPing, for example. There's always time to learn new things.

On 03/04/2017 at 1:35 PM, MissVanleider said:

I do somewhat agree with @Akallan in terms of the grass. I too used to use grass lots everwhere until i discovered this:

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1886

The 'green rye grass' included in particular is great. Really nice 'texture' to it. I would agree with the Girafe flowers and bushes too

In my next works i'll surely use this one, and the other suggestions.

On 04/04/2017 at 2:35 PM, Dgmc2013 said:

Very beautiful parks! Great job!

Thanks! I really appreciate your comment. This helps me to keep going!

Share this comment