• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Hightonia Entry 1: Welcome to Hightonia!

Hightonia

A Cities Skylines Project!

Entry 1: Welcome to Hightonia!

So, this is the first of these new projects that I'm working on, going by the name Hightonia. Now this came about when messing around with highway systems and finding a pretty interesting (at least to me) way to distribute traffic without having clogged highways.

This is the system.

LwDkDIK.jpg

It's basically a slower two lane highway running alongside a 3 lane highway with ramps leading down into the city. This seems to work really well at distributing traffic throughout the city without causing any back up's at the interchanges. (please note that realism isn't a huge concern here, I'm happy with steep ramps as the idea is to test the system)

Anyway opening up my old Sinatoa map, I started building a densely packed city around the highway without using any sort of public transport (planes and ships are allowed though seeing as its a island map) Below are a couple of images of it growing.

5lz1wCH.jpg

QUeG2hD.jpg

Now, unfortunately, the system wasn't fool proof as I found out when I put all the incinerators in the middle of the industrial zone and gave them a single exit to share with a load of high density housing blocks. The results were this, though I think this is just bad planning on my behalf. As you can see I've begun to try and figure out a filter system for the industrial and bin lorries.

RSIM106.jpg

Which seems to have fixed the issue

gfmeYdC.jpg

Then, I got to talking in the chat here and decided to try and implement a interchange which led to a harbour being planned on the other side of the existing city. Below is the various stages of creating the overly complex interchange (yes, this is all to feed them two harbours, apparently I decided they needed separate entrances so this turned into a tightly staggered double t junction or very tight angled 4 way interchange and took a while to sort out).

HN1YcCF.jpg

9QOt2T8.jpg

z4ukUhT.jpg

Still it works a treat and the separate harbours to the west mean that traffic from only the east use the two connected to the highway.

So, this is currently where I've got to with this project. I think I next plan on trying to expand to the north-east and see what sort of strain I can put on the grid layout of the city traffic wise. I also want to get a passenger ferry in somewhere near the harbour so that should be interesting.

Current overview:

nWyAqcL.jpg

Join us next time to see how this goes!

0 Comments

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.