Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Asiantown (introduction)

fan o SC4

Story Element?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see a story element (like the first two entries)

• Yes, lets do it!
    • Whatever, I don't care
    • No

Thanks for reading, and welcome back!

A big thanks to the ONE person who actually voted,so just for you, we are going to Asiantown, but I guess thats democracy lol. And a message to would be voters, look for this updates poll!

This is a project I worked on a few months ago, Asiantown, located in the Bismarck Isles province,in the heart of Gunter Beach, it is also in the capital province. This update doesn't have a story element, but the full update could if people wanted it (VOTE BRUH!). Below is the flag of Gunter Beach.
Flag_of_Gunter_Beach_zps45d879b8.png

Below is a chart that entails out nations racial demographics, taken by the State Polling and Census Department, as you can see we are very diverse.
chart_2_zpseb58dee5.png
Anyway Asiantown is home to a thriving expat community, with most of the immigrants here from Japan and North Korea, they bring with them their arts and cuisine; Asiantown is home to both the most sushi restaurants and manga book stores in our country per square kilometer. All North Korean residents were brought in to fill the 'labor gap' during the Communist Period, which ended in 1983, and virtually all Japanese immigrants arrived after.

Despite the fact the communities have very different cultures and interests, they both have concentrated here in Asiantown.
GunterBeach-Oct11301401473013_zps8e6a990Thanks for stopping by, and If you want to know where the beach is in Gunter Beach, stay tuned.

Hope you enjoyed my attempt at Asian

Look for my replies in the comments, please comment, the more comments the merrier! 8)

5 Comments

Recommended Comments

^I don't think so. What you have given as an example above is an example of a "typical" Chinatown, as if it was brimming with this and that. What he had given here is typical. It is a bit similar to a Chinatown in smaller cities, such as Winnipeg, etc. and there was no attempt to create a "city within the city", which made this more realistic than the one you linked. 

Keep it up!

Share this comment

Needs more work in the central area. please see example

http://community.sim...nica-chinatown/

I'm happy with what I got going here, less is moar, I'm not about to level Gunter Beach to expand Asiantown. Thanks for making me view MilitantRadical's gorgeous update again tho. I appreciate the feedback nonetheless, maybe you just don't get what I'm after.

^I don't think so. What you have given as an example above is an example of a "typical" Chinatown, as if it was brimming with this and that. What he had given here is typical. It is a bit similar to a Chinatown in smaller cities, such as Winnipeg, etc. and there was no attempt to create a "city within the city", which made this more realistic than the one you linked. 

Keep it up!

Thanks for backing me up, yeah, I didn't really want build a massive city within a city, the Asian buildings go on mixed for a couple blocks. This isn't the whole thing.

PS: I kinda was inspired by San Fierro's Chinatown (In GTA San Andreas(the greatest game ever made), it only had a few blocks, it was small, but you still got the feels.

PSS: The residents here don't like Asiantown being it called 'Chinatown', as there are very few Chinese people living there, just figured i'd stick up for them.

Share this comment