Ionica

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

53 - Summoning

VcVXctX.png

Break out your holographihc projectors, tonight is Summoning.

What is Summoning?

Summoning or The Summoning is the opposite of Halloween which Ionica also celebrates. Whereas Halloween is about celebrating death, demons, and sorcery, Summoning is about celebrating life, angels, and white magic.

Summoning is actually a relatively modern creation and was unintentionally started by Holografic graffiti artists.

In the mid-twenty-first century a group of Holo-Artists decided to set up a massive prank with new holographic technology at the time. They broadcasted holographic images of spiritual apparitions all around the city in order to make people believe that angels were being summoned from the heavens, and it worked. It was like the first time people heard Orson Well's War of the Worlds on the radio. For a brief moment many people actually believed in magic.

After that it became a yearly event and eventually Mayor Jon Daily had the night of March 11th officially declared The Summoning. The best Holo-Artists from around Ionica are now commissioned by the city to create displays around the city.

Freedom Rising by Jack Wilder in Pater

nightofthesummoning4_copy.jpg

Kodama Angel by Alex Zhang in Sierra

nightofthesummoning5_copy.jpg

A Greeting to our Friends in the Feline Galaxy by Thaddeus Bradley

nightofthesummoning6copy.jpg

Beckoning Angel on top of the Tressler Insurance Tower by Henley Reeves

nightofthesummoning7.jpg

An ode to Van Gogh's Starry Night by Arthur Lemay. In a big city like Ionica it is rare to see the sky full of bright stars but during Summoning anything is possible. (Original image by Solemone)

solemoneberlinlightedit.jpg

If you live in Sierra you don't need all that fancy holographic technology to believe in magic because you already have Diamond Lake and the Black Stones Lighthouse.

Sierra_Feb4copy.jpg

Skyward Spirits by Jasmine Blaine in Pater

nightofthesummoning3_copy.jpg

Finger of God by Dylan Rhodes in Avalon

nightofthesummoning2_copy.jpg

This is the hologram that started it all - The Summoning by J. Daniel Atlas in Avalon.

nightofthesummoning1.jpg

Special thanks to Houston for giving me a tutorial on how to create hologram effects.

Comments, suggestions, and questions are always appreciated. Thanks for visiting.

ionica_REPLIES.jpg

tankmank: What a great update, the lake is so beautiful, especially at night
Hey tankman, thanks.

feeroz123: Awesome !! That lake deserves the name.. Very well created!!
Glad you enjoyed it feeroz123.

juliok92012: I Love the Farol at night, Very Good.
Don't wanna toot my own horn too much but I do too! Thanks.

blunder: Love the night luminescent effects in the water.  Great stuff.
Thanks. It was actually a last minute idea.

gigius76: Amazing update! The picture with the lighthouse is art.
I hold your praise in high regards. Thanks.

freemunchies: Which seawalls are those? They fit really well! I also really like the detail you put into the water with various mmps!

Those are JENXPARIS Quais de Seine Riverbank walls.

KonstantinII: Grid busting! I really like those diagonals. The whole city feels like San Francisco The raised transit park fits well. The one I downloaded wasn't transit enabled for some reason. I did something and it got undemolishable lot syndrome. After that I was able to pass my freeway right under it but not destroy it.
Thanks KonstantinII. I hate un-demolishable lot syndrome.

TekindusT: As charming as usual! I love Ionica!
Ionica loves you too Tek. Thanks.

Schulmanator: Raised transit parks FTW!! Awesome! First time I have seen that!
First time? Really? Makes me feel special. I'm glad I popped your RTP cherry.

Huston: Love the effects on the water! Really does make it the much more beautiful! :D
Thanks. I was kind of inspired by something you did in your Pyronatalis Christmas entry.

Crazyforsimcity: Now this deserves a clap! Love it! :D
Cheers, thanks.

pingpong: Oh, the lighthouse, the boat, the sea and the sky, so charming and so calming :D
Hey pingpong, thanks.

Lord Branham: Your city is gorgeous! I am in love with your water and sea life; you are truly an artist!!
Glad you enjoy it LB.

Gugu3: Nice pictures!
Thanks.

SimRico: Back in Ionica on another Around the World Tour Of Featured Cjs and love it! Heading over to Chinatown to one of my favorite spots and get "Phatt and Phed!".. Will have to jump on the plane early in the morning, so better make my rounds to say hey to my friends here!
Hilarious! Hope you enjoy Summoning.

Schriefer: Amazing pictures! Nice job.
Thank you Shriefer.

14 Comments

Recommended Comments

Thanks for the recognition, really appreciated! And on the other hand, spectacular update. You really nailed the editing and Summoning seems like a fantastic celebration :)

Share this comment