Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Markland Woods - The Calm Before the Building Permit Storm

mirofoss

State Of The City

Well it has been a very quiet five years since Markland Woods was chosen to be the capitol of the Dynamo Dukedom. New development in the city has been rather sluggish compared to other cities around the globe. This may be partly caused by higher than average taxes and a lack of infrastructure. The Dynamo Dukedom has requested stimulus money from the world bank to attempt to get it's cities up to par with other leading urban centers. The current population of Markland Woods is 16,000. Some improvements have been made though with traffic congestion and new roadways:

blogentry-649797-0-84057800-1394406339_t

Many of the citizens of Markland Woods were complaining that they suffered major delays when trying to use Fairfax Avenue (Formally Pimento Beach Highway) when a train was coming through. Although many people were happy to see the busy road widened to a four lane avenue, the constant rail delays caused the road to still grind to a halt. Markland Woods installed a rail viaduct to allow traffic, both vehicle and streetcar, to move without delay.

blogentry-649797-0-68626800-1394406333_t

Markland Woods is planning for future development by building Elizabeth Avenue as a grand boulevard now instead of later. Town council agreed that spending a little more money now, will save more money, and congestion, in the future.

blogentry-649797-0-51352400-1394406330_t

At the time the rail corridor was shut-down for the Fairfax Avenue viaduct; Construction crews also completed the installation of a pedestrian bridge for the Pimento Beach rail station. Citizens were complaining that they had to walk all the way to Fairfax Avenue to cross the railroad tracks and if a pedestrian bridge was built, more people would use the commuter train rather than drive.

blogentry-649797-0-63589200-1394406336_t

Black Horse Corners has seen a slight amount of growth with a small residential development which was built when Chase Acres Dairy Farm went out of business. Black Horse Corners Public School was also built for the expected influx of young children.

blogentry-649797-0-81624300-1394406326_t

The village of Shalebridge is still being used as the interim Dynamo Dukedom capitol until a proper capitol building is constructed. Slight growth took place in Shalebridge with two new neighborhoods being developed along the village's borders. Residents have begun complaining about the air pollution being generated by natural gas electrical facility. Dynamo Electrical Concerns (DEC) has stated that they will look into alternative forms of electricity and will decommission "Denki-Electrics ONE" when an alternative power source is built.

blogentry-649797-0-89777900-1394406342_t

The Hamlet of Warrington Station has seen the least amount of growth in all of Markland Woods. This is being caused by a lack of jobs and a lack of municipal services in the area. A study has been commissioned to attempt to find solutions to this ongoing issue.

3 Comments

Recommended Comments

I don't know if you have one now, but in the first picture, it's painfully obvious that you need a slope mod. This will allow you to have more gentle, realistic slopes instead of the bumpy ones on this avenue.

Share this comment

I don't know if you have one now, but in the first picture, it's painfully obvious that you need a slope mod. This will allow you to have more gentle, realistic slopes instead of the bumpy ones on this avenue.

Hello;
I am relatively new to mods so as I get comments and suggestions from people, I add them into my game... I will be downloading a slope mod as soon as possible and putting it into the plugins folder... Do you know which one gives the best results?

Share this comment