• Comments
  • Views

The University Stage 1

nathanthemayor

Replies

@UnderCoverNinja12: Thanks!

@Ln X: Thanks!

@Gannet: Thanks!

I know it has been a long while(And it has!) since I posted in this City Journal. Back in January, I retired this CJ's mother CJ, The United Cities. Some of you in the comments wondered how long I would keep Paridise Island open following the UC's retirement. I can answer here that in fact it will be open for the time being, but will be retired sometime before I head off to college in August. Note that i haven't really updated here because I have been distracted by SimCity 2013 and another region in SC4 that i am working on.

And in fact, speaking of college... tonight's update will be on the island's first university, the University of Paridise Island, located across from Falmouth with the recent PIRail extension linking the campus to downtown Madisonville.

Overview of the campus:

university1.jpg

Close-up of the library(Right) and technological sciences school(Left)

university2.jpg

Close-up of the student recreation center, the administration building at left, and the PIRail station below

university3.jpg

The School of Arts and Music, along with it's auditorium for performances and plays

university4.jpg

Note that what you just saw is phase 1 of the campus. Phase 2 is expected to add housing, a multi-purpose arena, a ferry terminal, and more....

Hope you enjoyed this update, see you next time, and be sure to set your clocks 1 hour forward!(At least, if where you live goes on daylight savings time)

12 Comments

Recommended Comments

Nice University and interesting collection of buildings. They all seem to work pretty well together :)

Share this comment

In my opinion, the transition from ground railway to elevated is too steep. You should use a slope mod and elevate it more slowly.

Share this comment

Glad to see you back in action Nathan!! :thumb:

I concord with basty_goofy the NAM Rail Ramp is too short! ;)

Share this comment

Thanx for the comments guys sorry if the bottoms of the first two images show garbage instead of the actual image; i'll get the photos reuploaded and redone...

Share this comment

Good stuff!

Just out of interest are you going to college (16-18 year group) or university? If it's your first year in university then you will find yourself with a decent amount of spare time in your hands, plus if you're moving to a different permanent residence then take your rig with you (it should fit).

I myself am completing a masters in mathematical sciences and the only time I have to play Simcity 4 is during the weekend when I return home! And I still churn out 1 or 2 CJ updates per week! So if you're retiring your CJ strictly because you won't have the time; don't! Even with several hours available per week it's still possible to produce quality CJ updates.

Share this comment

thank you for sharing this very good use of some amazing Maxis buildings   I had forgotten about 

some of them but now will take a fresh look

have you actually modded them for these university functions?

Share this comment