• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Ramp work at the airport...

rewright

7v98.jpg

Replies:

Huston, on 17 Feb 2014 - 04:44 AM, said: Beautiful town. Seems very well constructed and well zoned, and a particularly neat low-rise downtown on the right corner of the pic :)

• Thanks for the interest. I am trying to keep it somewhat to scale.

Pioneer, on 17 Feb 2014 - 09:54 AM, said: Y U NO USE RHW?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!

• Learning curve. ;)

Schriefer, on 18 Feb 2014 - 5:44 PM, said: Nice town :)

• Glad you like it. The city has worked at planning ahead.

Update:

With the area growing and air traffic through the airport increasing yearly, the county has begun

an expansion project to add gates and other facilities to better handle the flying public.

Businesses like Defender Systems have also added to the flow through the airport.

kngy.png

One issue that has been scheduled is extensive ramp and taxiway work.

7w2s.png

Part of the master plan calls for a second, parallel runway, and the taxiways are being realigned.

6q2c.png

8 Comments

Recommended Comments

I had to go back through and catch up on your last few updates.  Great work on the dam, and the country club is picturesque!  I am sorry to hear about your storm troubles - I'm in TN and luckily we've missed most of the harsh weather this year.  My fingers are crossed that the unusually cold temps have not spared the bugs come spring time :)

Share this comment

Nice job on the airport. Though you might want to think about some security fencing around the perimeter to keep the riffraff out.. ;)

Would like to ask where you found the large distribution depot in the center of the first image. Can never have enough flat roof warehouse bats like that.

Share this comment