Nir

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

A New Hope

Nirwanda

Okay. *deep breath*. Running bootlegged SC4 on a Mac and using weird patches does mean $%&^! happens. And it so happens that after a power cut and an unsuccessful look on my hard drive I am abandoning the previous CJ.

Anyhow, this is the latest from me. I've decided to call this city Liverpool because it's fairly generic, there is a liverpool everywhere. I have built the core of the city and what I am planning to do with it is build it with you guys, the master city builders. Every post will be a new little district or suburb or a major overhaul of such. So to kick us off I will post some pictures of the downtown and train yards which I have done myself. Then, at the end we can do a vote! *yay* its just like primary school ey?

tXgKCi4.png

Boom. The whole city. Well just the core. Again showing my allegiance to the ESB (I'm really excited for Vlasky's version to come out like I check the STEX every morning like a 5 year old at christmas)

D0MlL7x.png

Zooming right in now, here is the edge of like a little urban farm/community farm made out of the allotment set and the farmer's market. Also have some low wealth tornado housing for the preliminary stages of the city.

xF6md6f.png

Bypassing my awful Maxis housing we come to the manufacturing end of the city. The hospital is here too and that soccer pitch is for the staff to put wheelchair bound people on and then giggle at them. People aren't very nice in this city...

VR6EJ81.png

A little look in at the abandoned fringe of the CBD, showing us some burnt out warehouses and the more low end/struggling businesses in the alleyway.

L9jlKuC.png

Being a midwest (midwest of where?) manufacturing city, we have the freight yard to send off all our nice refined metals and car bodies. Because the body plant has a rather nice industrial façade that didn't look out of place with the mostly art deco cityscape i've placed it's front end on the edge of the city instead of isolating it.

B3ODGtg.png

A little peak in between the buildings at a main road, showing all our lovely façades.

L8byYeM.png

Some nice modern housing next to the city church (and graveyard...)

WTv4WB5.png

And a bit of fun to cap it off, I LOVE these halloween type lots so I've put them on the industrial fringe to look pretty. If anyone can link to more I will be eternally grateful!

Vote Time:

Put in the comments what you would like to see happen:

We have a few options here;

-We can start laying out some more suburbs and make them like garden city style, as their own little communities,

-We can get some more transit happening, such as commuter rail, busses, motorways etc. (I don't have NAM)

-Focus on the city "It's too grungy mann you need some green" *sips latte*

-Whatever. I do whatever or a mix of all and you guys just tell me whats up when it's done.

Please comment and thankyou for taking the time to view!

3 Comments

Recommended Comments