Cattala

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Errosan | The Mountains Weep

Sign in to follow this  
ThomasSimpson

replies.png

Hellken Thank you - Cattala has always been a development, both of the country and my skills as a CJer. I think that update emphasises this.

MilitantRadical: Thanks! Vittoria is basically where Cattala began, and evolved from, so I thought it was fitting to return and really focus on what is my favourite part of Cattala.

SimCoug: If anyone's work around here is inspiring it's yours, so that means a lot. Thank you. :)

Kruness: I do enjoy my Lessito updates. I only do them seasonally so it's always one I enjoy going back to in summer.

daybreak: Thank you, for viewing!

dildevald: I'm not sure I'm allowed to upload my plugins folder - it's rather big anyway. 2 years of downloading and adjusting, and years of even harder work from the creators themselves made those pictures possible.

Hazani Pratami, Altec, Mastof, alexthefalex, alfanmuqafi23: Thank you for the kind words!

Cressa-U01-01.png

Buongiorno and welcome back to you all. Those celebrations left the journal with a bit of a hangover so apologies for the delay in getting a new update. Over the coming weeks and into January these entries will become more sparse as I have exams just after New Years. But we've got something a bit different in store today!

The Cressa roadworks are still ongoing and have now over run. Trust contractors at your peril!

Cressa-U05-01.png

Instead we'll head down a country lane, which was once an important link between Jennai and the villages and towns of the north of Monte Calida. This road has existed for centuries, carrying travellers and traders to the north coast through the rocky mountains that split the island down the middle. But now, a modern motorway has destroyed hundreds of years of travel and the communities that relied on this trade route for their livelihood. One of these, is Errosan.

Cressa-U05-02.png

Errosan was a humble hamlet, with a small wind turbine on the hill providing the electricity that its residents needed. Now it sits abandoned, with the wind running through the blades harmlessly. Not an ounce of power trickles into the houses anymore.

Cressa-U05-03.png

Even the lifeblood of the hamlet has dried up and closed now. Errosan was the only village with a petrol station for dozens of miles and its owners grew wealthy off the trade and tourism that it bought in. They've all left now - the pumps are coated in dust and there's not a car in sight.

Cressa-U05-04.png

For as long as anyone's great-grandmother could remember the village had been a bustling thoroughfare. It didn't rely, like the villages of Lessito in the western valleys, on farming and tourists for its livelihood. Even twenty years ago, the hamlet was busy with traffic and people and life. So what changed?

Cressa-U05-05.png

The village was reliant on the road. But when Monte Calida's M5 motorway was completed in 1994, the traffic was diverted to the state-of-the-art new fast road and very few cars ever drove through Errosan any more.

Cressa-U05-06.png

As time passed, the businesses closed and the people left. Now, nothing remains but the relics of a bygone era. All you need from this hamlet any more is a map out.

Cressa-U05-07.png

Sign in to follow this  

7 Comments

Recommended Comments