• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Update 2- The nation's first master planned....island?

Sign in to follow this  
coolwiththecool2

14 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want to live in Dion, if so, where would your house be?

• Crystal Shores
    • Downtown
    • On a beach
    • On that remote island right over there...
    • City Hall Basement

Replies...oh and don't forget the teaser at the bottom...

westy177: Thanks! The region is actually completed now! That is a first for me...

SimCoug: Thanks! I have been working on how good/clear my shots are compared to my previous CJs

poweredgirlie15: Thanks!

burnzie_16: Thanks! The Eaton's probably gonna pass up Hemsworth in the near future...

AshPikachu: Nah, I named after Portland since I think that is the best-looking american city under one million...

MLP-Rainbow Dash: Thanks!

JGellock- Thanks! I really focus on making my cities look and feel american, as for mass transit there is a Interstate 5 bus route I am working on...

e5nke.jpg

dNcfr.jpg

Today we are going to the nations first master-planned island (it's still a city), Dion. Dion has a population of 18,000 people. It also has one of the most modern downtown areas in the nation, as well as the most efficient mass transit in the nation. Dion is connected to the outside world by one, lonely bridge that leads to another island, which has a bridge that leads to Peoria, the nearest suburb to Dion. Dion has an average income of $102,872 and has some of the nation's most expensive houses, and the nations most expensive condominiums.

99zCR.jpg

This is city hall, which is the metro area's largest, not tallest, office building outside of Portland. As you can see by this picture Dion doesn't really have traffic while people are at work, since 21% of Dion residents work in a different city, most work in Eaton, which is a pretty far drive...

bsobi.jpg

This is one of Dion's 3 public pools. This pool has been expanded and renovated 7 times, most of which were expansions to allow more visitors. In the Great Portland Spring Heat Wave of 2011, temperatures in Dion hit a record of 119, and this public pool was so crowded that visitors were handed out wristbands and were only allowed to stay for 30 minutes. 97% of Dion residents also experienced rolling blackouts.

UgsDu.jpg

This is the Crystal Shores neighborhood of Dion. Here the home prices start at $443,266. Nearby schools, hospitals, shopping and recreation make this the perfect neighborhood to live in and you get your moneys worth. Crystal Shore High School is the only A+ high school in the metro area. Now wouldn't you want to live in a city like this?

Portland Metro. Population Growth

DW1KT.jpg

As you can see its kinda obvious Portland is in the mist of a population boom...

k1CV8.jpg

Sorry its so messy! And Dion is at the bottom right.

And now for the teaser...

XlxOS.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

5 Comments

Recommended Comments