• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Intro Update- Portland

coolwiththecool2

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which city do you prefer to live in based on the Quality of Life Survey...

• Portland
    • Hemsworth
    • Peoria
    • Beaverton

Z5X6T.jpg

Welcome to Portland. Portland is a fast growing city nearing 200,000 people, with a metro nearing 300,000 people. The picture you see above is an old picture of downtown, but not much has changed though. Portland has been known as the most populated "Forest City" in the nation. Besides traffic on the I-15, also shown above, Portland's air is pretty clean compared to other big cities.

5jTYb.jpg

This Holiday Inn Express was the first "brand name" hotel to open in Portland that wasn't a skyscraper. It is rumored that this hotel might be turned into another skyscraper. Another tourist attraction in this pic is Portland Pond, which used to be a small lake that was about 9 blocks wide and 6 blocks long. The pond was shrunk to what you see here after being polluted and abused by fellow Portland residents.

Rgh0u.jpg

This is Midtown Portland, also referred to as the Rivers End Business District. Midtown is located right by the end of the Portland River and provides many jobs for residents living in the Hemsworth Valley (shown in the regional pic below).

s7wtm.jpg

Inside Midtown's technical borders is numerous middle class house, many above $400,000. Midtown is only considered a business district due to its mid-rise buildings. This picture also proves how you can't escape trees here in Portland.

kTpx4.jpg

These are some apartments located on the Portland river. In Portland the lower class are treated with nice, upper class looking apartments, while the middle class prefers to live in houses.

Census Data and other facts...

VAgTo.png

Click for full size!

owIbt.png

This is the custom made Quality of Life survey for the Portland Regional Census. And please take note that personal wealth satisfaction shows people who are happy with the current wealth, including the lower class, and its not a measure of wealth.

llEG2.jpg

This is the Portland Metro, you can see the area I am currently working on. And P.S., the city limits for Hemsworth goes over the mountains and into the valley.

7 Comments

Recommended Comments

Are you modeling your city like the one in Oregon, USA? It sure is a fine city just like the city of roses. If I was a sim, I would move right in and settle down and rase a family. Awesome job on your city, keep up the good work.

Share this comment

I like the feel your city has. Its very American. I think the top pic is my favorite. If I can, I'd recommend implementing some rail-based mass transit and districts within your city (theater, education, financial, etc.).

Share this comment