New SorGun

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Name that Fort

SimCoug

The United States Army needs your help. After the completion of the fort near Porthaven, the Civil War erupted and the Army never got around to a proper name. Now is your chance - your name can be a part of New SorGun history. Simply reply with your fort name, and if you wish, feel free to share a back-story of where the name came from. Not feeling creative? No problem - just rep up your favorite entries. The Army will have final say, but will consider rep points when making a decision.

Don't worry - The next full update is near completion, and the new fort name will be included. Thanks for participating!

Update%2016%20-%2016%20completed%20fort.jpg

13 Comments

Recommended Comments

I guess I'll go first - I'll say Fort Green Hope - the area is so green and the feel is so positive. Especially after the war, people would have been looking for that :)

Share this comment

Fort Sunset.

The nation has expanded to meet the shores of the pacific, and standing here on the western edge of the world the nation's self proclaimed destiny is finally manifest. Time to grow.

Share this comment

This takes me back to when I could play empire total war.How about The Eternal Fort not really relevant name for a 19th century american fort, im just obsessed with Roman history lol

Share this comment

How about Fort Sunter? The 'sun' part of it represents a rising sun, having awoken from the dark night of the civil war, and looking out at the wide Pacific, full of hope and opportunity.

Share this comment

West Point. Oh, that's taken? Well then, Fort Wild Coast, because the area is still being settled and is still quite, well, wild. Also, word has it that at times, those stationed in the fort have a tendency towards occasional lawlessness, giving the Fort's official name a clever double entendre.

Share this comment

[quote name='Evillions' timestamp='1348087192']
Fort Chamberlain? Its named after Colonel Chamberlain's leadership in the Battle of Little Round Top (Battle of Gettysburg).
[/quote]
I Loved That MOvie!!!

Share this comment